Give me the truth about Great Mills pool!

dash

Is it any good? Is it safe? Is it clean? Whats the best time and day to go?
I want to take my son swimming and not worry. Thanks for the help.

dave1959

1) Depends on your definition.

2) As safe as anywhere else.

3) Clean as any other public pool.

4) I don't know..

Glad I could help.

recandparks

Great Mills Pool

The Great Mills pool is a great place to participate in many aquatic activities.

Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday from 10:00am-8:00pm
Sundays from 12:00-6:00pm
May 25th - June 9th open one hour early at 9:00am Monday-Friday

Summer Hours - June 10th - September 2nd
Monday - Saturday from 12:00-8:00pm
Sundays from 12:00-6:00pm

If you are looking for our less crowded times, during the day Monday-Friday there is significantly less activity with the lunch hour being a little more busy due to lap swimmers. And generally any time before 1:00pm on the weekends you'll find plenty of space to enjoy the water. Our busier times of day included evenings and weekends.

Seasonal maintenance and bubble structure removal will begin on Monday, May 13th. The Great Mills Pool will be closed during this time and will reopen on Saturday, May 25th at 10:00am.

The pool is maintained by dedicated staff ensuring cleanliness throughout our locker rooms and the pool. The highest standards are followed for maintaining adequate chemical levels.

Safety is always a priority for the Great Mills Pool staff and many families enjoy the facility on a regular basis.

Goldenhawk

It's a nice, reasonably well maintained pool that has a typical variety of users. A small fee is charged for each use, or you can buy a pass for a reasonable price. I have been many times with my kids and never had any bad experiences.

For you folks complaining about the ghetto kids and Afros, get off your racist high horse, stop being stupid, and stay out of the discussion. This forum overall often strikes me as painfully Southern, in a diversity sense. I'd rather have my kids - my half white, half Hispanic kids - swimming with a nice diverse set of patrons so there is a greater chance they'll grow up unburdened by even the lingering thoughts that still plague ME thanks to my not-so-unracist upbringing. I'm happy to say some of my kids' closest friends are not white, and our church is happily home to several biracial families (white/black, white/Latino, white/Asian, you name it) who everyone loves unconditionally, and I truly am glad my kids will get to go thru life without being angry at the diversity they see around them. It is what it is, get used to it, and stop polluting this discussion, thanks.

Okay, rant over.

RidgeChick

It's a nice, reasonably well maintained pool that has a typical variety of users. A small fee is charged for each use, or you can buy a pass for a reasonable price. I have been many times with my kids and never had any bad experiences.

For you folks complaining about the ghetto kids and Afros, get off your racist high horse, stop being stupid, and stay out of the discussion. This forum overall often strikes me as painfully Southern, in a diversity sense. I'd rather have my kids - my half white, half Hispanic kids - swimming with a nice diverse set of patrons so there is a greater chance they'll grow up unburdened by even the lingering thoughts that still plague ME thanks to my not-so-unracist upbringing. I'm happy to say some of my kids' closest friends are not white, and our church is happily home to several biracial families (white/black, white/Latino, white/Asian, you name it) who everyone loves unconditionally, and I truly am glad my kids will get to go thru life without being angry at the diversity they see around them. It is what it is, get used to it, and stop polluting this discussion, thanks.

Okay, rant over.

Very nicely expressed -- Thank you! :cheers:

Misfit

Lawful neutral

Okay, rant over.

psst...no one mentioned race except you...I said ghetto kids, as the kid's whom reside in the ghetto.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
psst...no one mentioned race except you...I said ghetto kids, as the kid's whom reside in the ghetto.

Yeah, I caught that..

Apparently one of you thinks ANY kids can be ghetto thugs, the other thinks only kids with afros....

ZARA

My husband uses it to train pilots, engineers, etc water survival before they are allowed on the plane. Every time we have gone it has always been clean.

I don't know the best time to go, he always has it reserved ahead of time so no one else is there.

C

czygvtwkr

Like any other public pool you are stewing in other peoples funk. People pee in it, there are people with BO, people that don't wipe their butt good swim in it. I once saw a piece of corn floating in a public pool, dont want to know how it got in there.

MMM_donuts

I realize that this can often be confusing but being southern is not synonymous with being racist. I think you may have meant southern hick. Very important difference there.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Like any other public pool you are stewing in other peoples funk. People pee in it, there are people with BO, people that don't wipe their butt good swim in it. I once saw a piece of corn floating in a public pool, dont want to know how it got in there.

You think that's bad, you should swim in a lake, or the bay..

those fish NEVER take a bath.. and wipe their ass???