Coyote PSA

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They are now certainly as far south on our peninsula as Tall Timbers. And they are big animals. They were "captured" on a friends game camera (200 acre farm) at night near Andover Estates.

And for those that don't know the animals, they are remarkably cunning and hunt as a team. One will sit at the edge of a clearing and entice other animals to come closer; then the rest of the pack, hidding close behind, will make the kill as a coordinated effort once the unsuspecting dog, cat, goat, etc takes the bait.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Have seen one in Huntingtown, Cal. Co. myself. Have seen pictures of 2 dead ones in Cal. Co. and have seen multiple pictures of them taken around Cal Co. from game trail cameras. First one i ever saw was in New Hampshire. Heard some when i was out in Colorado but didn't see them.

bulldog

Got a picture of one on one of my own game cameras down in Ridge...just off of Wynn road. Couple of years ago.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Got a picture of one on one of my own game cameras down in Ridge...just off of Wynn road. Couple of years ago.

Positive I saw one here last year. Bald as can be. Ran into the neighbors drainage ditch.. I was concerned because of all the little kids in the area but they wouldn't let me take care of it.

:itsbob:

Taz

St. Mary's county...late last summer...

Attachments

• coyote1.jpg
    coyote1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 160

Inkd

I took a shot at one on Webster Field opening day of shotgun season a couple years ago. Big SOB too.

Inkd

I live off Wynn Road. Never heard one yipping and my neighbors dogs are outside all the time. Hate to see them get in a tussle with a couple of Coyotes. I figure where there is one, there is more?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Night Vision Goggles, 17HMR, rabbit on the jukebox, 10 oz. Buds, Blackberry Brandy,
Dead Coyotes, life is good.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I live off of Medleys Neck Road near Callaway and have heard them yipping/howling at night, so I have no doubt they are around these parts.

glhs837

Power with Control
Here's a question, I live on a 1/4 mile long private road, around St Marys City area, and quite often walk my dog at night down the road, unless it's cloudy, I walk dark, no light. Any real danger from these things, or would a human scent keep them from getting up to nasty business. Dogs always on a leash then.