Forty degrees?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Our poor garden is soooo confused this year...:cds:

Are you finding Cicada holes in your garden? Yesterday, I extended a side garden 4 feet on each side and saw several slow moving Cicadas but numerous holes - everywhere.....

I'm fairly sure that I got a little posion ivy this weekend - either that or I am having a reaction to cutting down some Holly trees. :ohwell:

Are you finding Cicada holes in your garden? Yesterday, I extended a side garden 4 feet on each side and saw several slow moving Cicadas but numerous holes - everywhere.....

I'm fairly sure that I got a little posion ivy this weekend - either that or I am having a reaction to cutting down some Holly trees. :ohwell:
None in the garden area yet. But saw the first bunch in the back yard yesterday afternoon. We are surrounded by woods so I expect to be overrun later this week when it really gets warmer. :ohwell:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
None in the garden area yet. But saw the first bunch in the back yard yesterday afternoon. We are surrounded by woods so I expect to be overrun later this week when it really gets warmer. :ohwell:

Yeah, me too and my garden that I am seeing the holes in line the wooded area - nothing in my front gardens next to the house or around my pool, yet. I wonder if this cold snap could thin the herd?

Yeah, me too and my garden that I am seeing the holes in line the wooded area - nothing in my front gardens next to the house or around my pool, yet. I wonder if this cold snap could thin the herd?
I seriously doubt it... According to an article I just read they are expecting us to have the "big emerge" on or soon after the 15th... I'm sure it has to do with the warm-up and that the vast majority of those billion creatures is just waiting patiently...:lol:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I seriously doubt it... According to an article I just read they are expecting us to have the "big emerge" on or soon after the 15th... I'm sure it has to do with the warm-up and that the vast majority of those billion creatures is just waiting patiently...:lol:

Well darn... I was hoping the cold snap would zap several of them. Boo....

I wonder if I should cover our cucumbers?

Yes. And tomatoes if you've got them in the ground. Neither like temps in low or below 40s. Even if your plant seems to survive it will not be happy and will not produce as much if at all. Cucumbers prefer a temperature between 65 and 75 degrees. This is perfect for Maryland's average summer temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost or cold temperatures and can go outside only when temperatures rise over 55 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Pepper plants will suffer too. They prefer nights that remain in the 60s.

We waiting until the first Saturday in May to plant our cukes, tomatoes and pepper plants but now believe we will have to basically start over again with new plants. We had low forties this past week and these new dives into the 30s will definately doom them. :ohwell:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Yes. And tomatoes if you've got them in the ground. Neither like temps in low or below 40s. Even if your plant seems to survive it will not be happy and will not produce as much if at all. Cucumbers prefer a temperature between 65 and 75 degrees. This is perfect for Maryland's average summer temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost or cold temperatures and can go outside only when temperatures rise over 55 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

We waiting until the first Saturday in May to plant our cukes, tomatoes and pepper plants but now believe we will have to basically start over again with new plants. We had low forties this past week and these new dives into the 30s will definately doom them. :ohwell:
:bawl:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

I moved all the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers into the garage. Set the temp for 68.