Al Gore

MGKrebs

endangered species
Do you think he will run?
Do you think he should?
If he does, will they get into it about the last election?

For what it's worth- Al inspires me. Whatever it is that bugs people about him doesn't seem to bother me. He reminds me a lot of an uncle of mine (who also lived in Tennessee for a long time). Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why I shouldn't like him. I can already guess that he must be a criminal too, so I ask, are there ANY Democrats who aren't criminals and therefore may just possibly be worthy of holding office? :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Gore will not run. Al Gore shouldn't run. If Al Gore DOES decide to run, he will be soundly trounced and wholeheartedly embarrassed (if he were, in fact, capable of embarrassment).

Al Sharpton has a better chance of being elected President than Al Gore. Gary Condit has a better chance. You, Maynard, have a better chance.

How in the HELL could Al Gore possibly inspire you? Even my nutball lib relatives, who worship at the temple of Clinton and think Hillary is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being they've ever known think Al Gore is a loser.

This oughta be good...
:roflmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MGKrebs
Do you think he will run? Yes
Do you think he should?Yes! Towards the border with Mexico.
If he does, will they get into it about the last election? Put money on it! Forget that every major newspaper in the country tried their best to create the headline "GORE WOULD HAVE WON!" They counted and counted and couldn't find the votes for him. But since when has reality ever been a concern with Democrats?

For what it's worth- Al inspires me. Whatever it is that bugs people about him doesn't seem to bother me. ... Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why I shouldn't like him. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can already guess that he must be a criminal too, so I ask, are there ANY Democrats who aren't criminals and therefore may just possibly be worthy of holding office?

Yes! But Harry's been dead thirty years this December!

SmallTown

Football season!
I don't think the democrats should let their future in the hands of Gore.. For some odd reason, one guy I have always liked on the dem side is Richard Gephardt .. But I dunoo about going from a Bush to a Dick.. People might start to wonder about us.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by MGKrebs
Do you think he will run?
Do you think he should?
If he does, will they get into it about the last election?

I'm sure Gore will run because he feels that he was stiffed in the last election. Remember, according to him, it was “his time to be president”.

IF he does become president, we as a country are doomed. There will be absolutely no chance for us to defend ourselves after he’s done “downsizing” the military so he can finance his socialized medicine campaign.

Hmmm, then again, maybe he will invent the atomic bomb and make good use of it…..

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The Dems and Hillary won't let him run again, he's an embarrassment. It's going to be Hillary/KKT (after she uses Maryland as a stepping stone to bigger and better things). :barf:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon
The Dems and Hillary won't let him run again, he's an embarrassment. It's going to be Hillary/KKT (after she uses Maryland as a stepping stone to bigger and better things). :barf:

:barf: :barf: :barf: Thanks Sharon, I didn't need to eat lunch today. :barf: :barf: :barf:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dick Gephardt is a smarmy little Eddie Haskell wannabe. Just like Tom Daschle. What a couple of pukes! And Al Gore is the smarmiest, most Eddie Haskell of them all.

Maynard to answer your question, there are NO politicians I like - I'm an equal-opportunity politician hater. The only ones I ever truly liked were
  • Joe Scarborough (former rep from Florida).
  • Asa Hutchinson
  • Rudy Guiliani (I loved him before it was cool to do so)
  • Jesse Ventura (though, as he's becoming more of a politician, his popularity with me is waning)

That's it! The rest suck.

B

Bruzilla

I'll go against the flow and say that I think Al Gore has a pretty solid chance of winning the nomination. There are going to be a lot of hurdles to overcome though. He basically got a free ride during the 2000 election, and that won't be the case this time.

I agree that Dicky Gephardt doesn't stand a chance. People have had his number for too long. Daschle stands a very good chance also because he is about as smooth as a politician gets. He puts every statement, truth or lie, into very humanistic terms that make him very slippery to deal with plus he never seems to lose his temper, which would be a plus against Gore. Lieberman could only get it if a plague wiped out everyone in the US except for stupid people and Joe himself. Kerry and the rest of the field are just lightweights that are always talking about being President but have never shown the drive and determination to make it, so write them off too. I see it as a Daschle and Gore race.

I think it will be interesting to see who the Clintons back in all of this. They wanted Gore to win in 2000 so they could say that Gore's time in office was really a Clinton III term. But since 2000 there have been too many theological differences between Gore and Clinton that have come to light, and the Clinton III thing is out. So I'm really waiting to see who the Clintons end up supporting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's almost never anyone who's a popular front runner prior to campaign season. These guys always seem to come from nowhere - Clinton, Bush II, Mike Dukakis, etc. Never anyone who's name was bandied about early.

Also it always seems to be Governors. Look for Gray Davis and possibly our own King Parris to come through for the Dems.

Gore is outta there. The Dems won't make the mistake of trying to run him again after all that's happened. Even THEY'RE not that stupid.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
The Dems won't make the mistake of trying to run him again after all that's happened. Even THEY'RE not that stupid.

Never underestimate the power of the human mind..

B

Bruzilla

Vrai, the Dems might not be that dumb but a lot of their voters are. :biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I never had a strong opinion about Al Gore one way or the other. It's like asking me which I like better, red ants or black ants.

But I do agree that the Dems would be crazy to run him in '04. He's not as liberal as, say, Jesse Jackson. But there's a lot of animosity against him that has little to do with political views. I'm not sure why--as far as anyone knows, Gore never lied about being serviced by an intern.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Tonio
I never had a strong opinion about Al Gore one way or the other. It's like asking me which I like better, red ants or black ants.

But I do agree that the Dems would be crazy to run him in '04. He's not as liberal as, say, Jesse Jackson. But there's a lot of animosity against him that has little to do with political views. I'm not sure why--as far as anyone knows, Gore never lied about being serviced by an intern.

Well, even interns have their limits. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:roflmao: @ justhangn! (*she wipes the tears of laughter from her eyes*)

My husband always gets mad at me when we see Steve Forbes on TV. Larry likes him for Prez and I always reply that he's not Presidential material. Larry asks why I think that. And I say because he doesn't LOOK like a President. That bug-eyed Mr. Magoo thing doesn't work for me. Forget his message and his agenda - he just doesn't LOOK like a President should look. He's not a rock star (Clinton), he's not authoritative (Bush Sr.), he's not friendly and affable (Reagan and Dubya). Not only was Clinton a rock star, but he was friendly and affable to boot - HE had the LOOK in spades.

That's one of the reasons John McCain will never be President - too wussy looking and wimpy voiced. Alan Keyes - too strident and mean looking. Hillary Clinton - too shrewish and not attractive enough (looks like the meanest high school algebra teacher you ever had). Image is everything.

Gore's got the same thing going on - too young looking, too Boy Scout-ish, patronizing speech patterns. He's definitely a junior leaguer and not Presidential material, all tree-hugging wackery aside. He doesn't have the LOOK. Gray Davis has the LOOK.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dan the Man!

How about Gary Hart? I mean, he's in vogue now, right? Can't he claim some special status as the "Trailblazer"?

Or better yet, how 'bout the legend, Mario? Just because he bailed in '92 thinking Bush invincible, why not give him a shot?

Lieberman, perhaps? "God, God, God, God, God...and God, God, God, God, God..."

What about giving Geraldine or Mikey another go?

Hmm... shouldn't Jesse Jr. start getting some prime time exposure and build his resume for later?

What about Jim Jeffords? Isn't he owed something?

Where's Bill? (Bradley)

All musing aside, isn't it rather obvious that it's going to be Hillary?

As far as Gore goes, does anyone remember the begining of the Bosnia campaign? Bill was out of touch somewhere doing, hell, who knows what (or is that "whom"?) and Al comes on TV to announce the begining of hostilities with the "we all must now support our troops in harms way" speech.

I was stunned how confident, strong and, well, Presidential he came across. Scared the hell out of me though if he continued to carry himself that way, well, who knows?

Anyway, he ran right back to who he is and the moment was gone, but there was that moment.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I see my time here is nearing an end.

Not that you care, but I think I have a decent sense of humor and can add something to a conversation sometimes, and I don't really have thin skin. But I can tell when I'm not welcome.

I guess some of you are trying to be funny or clever, but if you find constant bashing and insults clever or funny, enjoy. I get it. I can move on now. Yeah, I'm a little sad. I enjoyed the debate Ken, hope I didn't piss you off too much. I actually learned some stuff from you. Nice talking with you jimmy and vrai.
Later.

Funny?
(if he were, in fact, capable of embarrassment).

Clever?
Yes! Towards the border with Mexico.
Put money on it! Forget that every major newspaper in the country tried their best to create the headline "GORE WOULD HAVE WON!" They counted and counted and couldn't find the votes for him.

But since when has reality ever been a concern with Democrats?

Hillary won't let him run again

What a couple of pukes!

the Dems might not be that dumb but a lot of their voters are

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
DON'T LEAVE

MGKrebs,

Don't leave "Little Buddy" (after all that was the next character for Bob Denver). I was just getting to the point of giving you a nickname, which equates to acceptability to me. Also, don't worry, you haven't pissed me off at all. Though I will admit you have had me shaking my head wondering how anyone can be that adhering to a belief. And trust me, you would know when you had pissed me off. Ask Vraiblonde or Larry, the stuff I used to get involved in would get me banned in our new evolved forums. I’ve mellowed to a magnitude only a few are aware of.

I ask that you stay engaged, even if not as active. Come back and visit with us and kick up some dust. Who knows we might eventually agree upon something or we might sway one another across the line every once in awhile and that for me is a lot of fun.

If you don’t come back I, for one, will miss you and the debates. You made me dig around to reaffirm what it was I had learned and that is always good.