94 KB · Views: 388
  • 100_2432.JPG
    100_2432.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

ZARA

Some more to share

(Eastern worm snake)

He was lucky Hubs didn't cut him in half while digging holes for our trees. Destroyed his home but at least he survived.

Attachments

• 100_2448a.jpg
    100_2448a.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 364
  • 100_2446a.jpg
    100_2446a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_2442a.JPG
    100_2442a.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_2441a.jpg
    100_2441a.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_2440a.JPG
    100_2440a.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

ZARA

Dont forget the Eastern Fence Lizard, the coolest looking one..... lots of those around my place.

Eastern fence lizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's cool. I use to catch them all the time in Florida. I haven't seen any here yet. But I will be on the look out for them!

Those fingernails look hideous.

I don't know why you would care one way or another...not your back they rake. :buddies:

Had a blue tailed skink run across the family room rug and under the stereo yesterday. Haven't seen him since.

Aww, I hope he finds his way out. I use towels to toss over them when they get in the house. It slows them down.

ZARA

Something I don't see very often...different breeds sunning together.

Attachments

• 100_2457a.JPG
    100_2457a.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 350

sm8

Had a blue tailed skink run across the family room rug and under the stereo yesterday. Haven't seen him since.

We had one that kept coming in my daughters room last year, it had an odd mark so we knew it was the same one. I would drop a clear plastic shoe box on him then carefully slide cardboard under and wait for him to get on the card board to carry him out. I was worried if I just grabbed him I would make him drop his tail. We did that several times a day for over a week.

ZARA

We had one that kept coming in my daughters room last year, it had an odd mark so we knew it was the same one. I would drop a clear plastic shoe box on him then carefully slide cardboard under and wait for him to get on the card board to carry him out. I was worried if I just grabbed him I would make him drop his tail. We did that several times a day for over a week.

There is one that I caught last year and he was having none of it! He is huge, almost 7 inches long and and as soon as I caught him, he turned his head, grabbed ahold of the fleshy part of my thumb and then proceeded to do an alligator roll while still attached to me.

The whole time I'm yelling at him, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop that!" Of course I am stubborn and would not let him go. He finally stopped because his body could not turn any farther unless he let go and he didn't want to let go!

My husband was laughing at me shaking his head. My hand was bleeding. And I'm checking out all his cool markings because I have never seen a skink with splotch marked coloring before. He was goldish(?) with whiteish splotches. I finally let him go and got to see him again this year by my AC units. He runs like crazy when he sees me though...lol

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is why god, (or was it Hav-a-lawn?) invented chickens.

Wanna see some entomological genocide, get you some chickens and enjoy the carnage. All I can say is that it's a damn good thing they are not much bigger than they are.

:evil:

ZARA

Wanna see some entomological genocide, get you some chickens and enjoy the carnage. All I can say is that it's a damn good thing they are not much bigger than they are.

lol That's just wrong!! I love having tons of lizards & frogs in my yard. Means less bugs! I won't use pesticides because I don't want any of the wild life to become sick. Lizards are frogs are Mother Nature's pesticide.

Plus they provide me with amusement. I enjoy the wild life more than I enjoy people.

sm8

That makes me kind of sad because we are planning on getting chickens but I really enjoy the little toads we have all over the yard.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This guy was sunning himself on the apron of our garage yesterday. Never seen one this big before. My youngest son crowned him "King of the Lizards". :killingme

Attachments

• lizard1.jpg
    lizard1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 239

glhs837

Power with Control

ZARA

My son and I were eating dinner on the deck while the power was out and talking. I had fabulous company and a great view. Then I see movement about 400 feet away, now I didn’t have my glasses on and without them I suffer from CSS with anything farther than 6 or 7 feet away.

Me: What is that?
Son: What?
Me: Over there…is it a squirrel?
Son: Where?
Me: Straight across the yard. It doesn’t move like a squirrel. I need my glasses, be right back.
*In unison* Me: …it’s a turtle. Son: It’s a turtle.
Me: I need my camera.
Son: I thought you were talking about the stick.
Me: :twitch::eyebrow:
*Walks over to the turtle...with the fearless hunter at our side*
Me: Ohhhh cool…
Son: It’s a snapping turtle…I didn’t know they had them here…
Me: Me either, check out those claws!
Fritz: *Sniff sniff* *WTH is that?*
Me: Get back Fritz, you don't want him to bite you.
Fritz: *Gets closer*
Me: *Smacks Fritz*
Fritz: *Jumps two feet in air and then stands behind me...:killingme

Attachments

• 100_2884.jpg
    100_2884.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 100_2883.jpg
    100_2883.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_2882.jpg
    100_2882.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_2881.jpg
    100_2881.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 334

Independence

I thought I was the only lizards and frog lover!

Attachments

• IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 280

Independence

One more of 2 lizards on a tree and my one-eyed, crippled foot frog that lived on/around my porch a couple of summers ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1752.jpg
    IMG_1752.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

ZARA

I thought I was the only lizards and frog lover!

One more of 2 lizards on a tree and my one-eyed, crippled foot frog that lived on/around my porch last a couple of summers ago.

You are not the only one! I pretty much go googoo over any animal. But Lizards are my favorite.

I raised 300 tree frogs last year and released them at my creek.
Gray Tree Frog - Tree Frogs (Family Hylidae)- Discover Maryland's Herps - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

Damn frogs kept skinny dipping in my pool and leaving eggs behind...

That looks like an Eastern Fence Lizard. I haven't seen any here yet. I used to catch them all the time in Florida. Fast lil buggers.

Awww poor toad!