Schieffer to Obama Advisor: ‘Why Are You Here?

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
BS’s Bob Schieffer is fed up with the White House’s talking points concernig what happened at our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, last September.
His impatience continued on Sunday's Face the Nation when Obama senior advisor Dan Pfeiffer gave stock answers to questions about the three crises facing the President leading Schieffer to first accuse his guest of taking "exactly the approach that the Nixon administration took" and finally scolding him by asking, "Why are you here today? Why isn't the White House Chief of Staff here to tell us what happened?" (video follows with transcript and commentary):
Schieffer to Obama Advisor:

The LSM is finally getting it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pfeiffer pulled out the Hillary defense of a sitting President, It's a Right Wing conspiracy! I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but sure enought he tried to blame all of it on republicans.

Pfeiffer pulled out the Hillary defense of a sitting President, It's a Right Wing conspiracy! I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but sure enought he tried to blame all of it on republicans.

Trying to get your post count up?

MarieB

You can say that again

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The LSM is finally getting it.

No, they are not. They took great efforts to cool the temperature of this over the weekend. Good 'ol Bob, if you saw it or watched the video, said "If you don't mind, while I give you a blow job, may I please ask why, and I don't mean this to be mean or make you uncomfortable or anything, why are you here?"

Just reading it, it gives the impression that Sheiffer jumped the guys ass and that is NOT even close to what happened.

SamSpade

I keep thinking - or hoping - that there will be this blood in the water moment.

See, the press has had this love-in for him since long before he was elected, but they care about two things even more than Obama - their own continued survival and their wish to be on top of the big story.

This is why the AP story has legs - it really pissed off the press. It really doesn't matter if the White House had a good reason. Previously, the President could eat babies and drown puppies and they'd let it go.

If they get the idea that there's power and money on jumping on the President, they'll do it. Heck, Leno's gained new life in his show by daring to do what EVERY LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW HOST has ever done to the President, even during Clinton, and that's make jokes about the President.

FWIW - I know people have been making fun of the President. But it hasn't been as vigorous as in the past, because they either like him too much or they're afraid to do it.

MMDad

Lem Putt
No, they are not. They took great efforts to cool the temperature of this over the weekend. Good 'ol Bob, if you saw it or watched the video, said "If you don't mind, while I give you a blow job, may I please ask why, and I don't mean this to be mean or make you uncomfortable or anything, why are you here?"

Just reading it, it gives the impression that Sheiffer jumped the guys ass and that is NOT even close to what happened.

He did pussy foot around, like when he said that he in no way is comparing this to Watergate, but he did point out that the Nixon administration reacted the exact same way by pretending that they were too busy working for the people to deal with these silly non-issues.

I see it more as him pretending to be non-confrontaional but still hurling the slams. Kind of like saying "with all due respect, you're an ass" or "not to be mean or anything, but you are an idiot." The disclaimer does nothing to lessen the sting.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
He did pussy foot around, like when he said that he in no way is comparing this to Watergate, but he did point out that the Nixon administration reacted the exact same way by pretending that they were too busy working for the people to deal with these silly non-issues.

I see it more as him pretending to be non-confrontaional but still hurling the slams. Kind of like saying "with all due respect, you're an ass" or "not to be mean or anything, but you are an idiot." The disclaimer does nothing to lessen the sting.

That's the way I saw it too.. He was nowhere near as nice or as forgiving as he has been in the past. He didn't stop the Republicans from talking, and even agree with them on some points.

Compared to the way he's behaved in the past, this was a HUGE step.

In the past, if he didn't like the liberal answer, he'd answer it for them.

MMDad

Lem Putt
That's the way I saw it too.. He was nowhere near as nice or as forgiving as he has been in the past. He didn't stop the Republicans from talking, and even agree with them on some points.

Compared to the way he's behaved in the past, this was a HUGE step.

In the past, if he didn't like the liberal answer, he'd answer it for them.

But I saw his "why are you here" question more as his frustration that Pfeiffer wasn't making this go away. He wanted someone to come out with some good responses that would kill these issues and let him continue as a true believer. His ideology is crumbling, and he desparately wants help shoring it back up.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits

I didn't see it the way you did, obviously.

The media is pissed they have a big bulls eye on their backs. Then when some hack comes for an interview they have to ask the obvious question, "Why are YOU here?"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
But I saw his "why are you here" question more as his frustration that Pfeiffer wasn't making this go away. He wanted someone to come out with some good responses that would kill these issues and let him continue as a true believer. His ideology is crumbling, and he desparately wants help shoring it back up.

I agree.

He really believed this guy would have answers, DIFFERENT answers than the talking points already delivered ad nauseum..

Sheiffer didn't get that, he got the same old song and dance, even got the Right Wing Conspiracy line..

I think he was more in awe that this was the best they could do for a defense, and was starting to see the man behind the curtain..

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Yup.