Bill Cosby, Vindicated . . . By the Obamas?

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Cast your mind back about ten years or so to a series of speeches that got Bill Cosby in a lot of trouble, especially his 2004 speech to the NAACP Awards dinner. The Cos took aim at dysfunctions in the black community . . . and he was slammed for “blaming the victim” and taking focus away from white racism. Here’s an extended excerpt: Ladies and gentlemen, I really have to ask you to seriously consider what you’ve heard, and now this is the end of the evening so to speak. I heard a prize fight manager say to his fellow who was losing badly, “David, listen to me. It’s not what’s he’s doing to you. It’s what you’re not doing. (laughter).

Ladies and gentlemen, these people set, they opened the doors, they gave us the right, and today, ladies and gentlemen, in our cities and public schools we have fifty percent drop out. In our own neighborhood, we have men in prison. No longer is a person embarrassed because they’re pregnant without a husband. (clapping) No longer is a boy considered an embarrassment if he tries to run away from being the father of the unmarried child.

Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic and lower middle economic people are not holding their end in this deal. In the neighborhood that most of us grew up in, parenting is not going on. In the old days, you couldn’t hooky school because every drawn shade was an eye. And before your mother got off the bus and to the house, she knew exactly where you had gone, who had gone into the house, and where you got on whatever you had one and where you got it from. Parents don’t know that today.
Bill Cosby, Vindicated . . . By the Obamas? | Power Line

Finally the Won gets one right. I wish Cosby hadn't buckled and continued commenting on the culture of blacks in this country.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Bill Cosby, Vindicated . . . By the Obamas? | Power Line

Finally the Won gets one right. I wish Cosby hadn't buckled and continued commenting on the culture of blacks in this country.

Some would call Cosby 'curmudgeonly' nowadays; but he's correct on many points, this one.....well.....
How many of us would like to have a one-on-one discussion with him about life and all that is going on in the world today?
I would.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
:howdy:

Some would call Cosby 'curmudgeonly' nowadays; but he's correct on many points, this one.....well.....
How many of us would like to have a one-on-one discussion with him about life and all that is going on in the world today?
I would.