Obama Now Losing the UNIONS ........

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Labor unions break ranks with White House on ObamaCare

Labor unions are breaking with President Obama on ObamaCare.

Months after the president’s reelection, a variety of unions are publicly balking at how the administration plans to implement the landmark law. They warn that unless there are changes, the results could be catastrophic.

The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) — a 1.3 million-member labor group that twice endorsed Obama for president — is very worried about how the reform law will affect its members’ healthcare plans.

Last month, the president of the United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers released a statement calling “for repeal or complete reform of the Affordable Care Act.”

UNITE HERE, a prominent hotel workers’ union, and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters are also pushing for changes.

In a new op-ed published in The Hill, UFCW President Joe Hansen homed in on the president’s speech at the 2009 AFL-CIO convention. Obama at the time said union members could keep their insurance under the law, but Hansen writes “that the president’s statement to labor in 2009 is simply not true for millions of workers.”

Gosh, Really .... it took them this long ...... :geek:

Last edited:

Vince

The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) — a 1.3 million-member labor group that twice endorsed Obama for president
Duh, you get what you vote for.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Don't bet on them running to the GOP anytime in your lifetime.

That's right.

No matter what the unions say, or how they react to anything the big o does, they will vote (D) in the great majority, like the minions they are in every following election, in perfect Marxist lock-step, lemming-like fashion.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW) — a 1.3 million-member labor group that twice endorsed Obama for president — is very worried about how the reform law will affect its members’ healthcare plans.

I guess they thought those campaign donations would buy them an exemption. D'oh! :doh:

tommyjo

That's right.

No matter what the unions say, or how they react to anything the big o does, they will vote (D) in the great majority, like the minions they are in every following election, in perfect Marxist lock-step, lemming-like fashion.

And how is this different from those groups who vote straight ticket Rs and would never D?

Lemming like fashion describes conservative just as aptly as it does progressives.

bcp

In My Opinion
And how is this different from those groups who vote straight ticket Rs and would never D?

Lemming like fashion describes conservative just as aptly as it does progressives.

The "R"s generally dont try to destroy the country on purpose.
the "D"s generally do.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Touchy today, are ya? Conservatives generally vote for a reason that makes sense, not the general thoughtlessness (D):

All about me right now/just because we were told/ordered/bussed in and paid for/unable to read the ballot general reasons of the left.

Lemmings the left are, and not just because mom and mom and maybe dad if he can be identified did it their whole voting life.

Free cell phones/health care/income/no ID required/no citizenship required/the heck with any and all laws that stop me from receiving any of those things - ring any bells in your punk head?

SamSpade

To be absolutely honest - I've never known such a person. I don't know a single conservative who's never voted for a Democrat, especially in local elections. Nor have I ever seen or read a group promoting voting straight Republican all the way down the ticket. Frankly, if you don't know who you're voting for, you should never cast a vote, no matter what party they are.