Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayak guided tours

Quote Originally Posted by spinner View Post
    The kayak club on facebook does have some great trips, I hope to do a little more with them this year. What area do you live in? I live in the Hollywood area and I go out all the time on my own. Maybe we can meet up.
    I'm in Mechanicsville so that would be real easy to do.

We have our jet skies loaded up and ready to go out today but I'm going to putt around on my kayak instead and get used to the feel. I expect that will take up much of my time there so I told him to send out some text messages and find somebody else for mine. We will end up at Goose Bay since I am so familiar with that area and will be okay on my own - plus I expect that there will be several others out in the area I'll be heading - there always is. I'm real excited hence the reason I'm up so early like a little kid.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I'm surprised. Kayaking isn't something I thought you'd enjoy.

I had a really nice Hobie kayak, but just couldn't deal with the sitting position. Just found it really uncomfortable. Much better in a canoe.
    My husband has said the same thing... he finds the position uncomfortable. He just doesn't like it and that is that so I'm so happy that there are groups that go out..... at my age, I don't want to hold off something I want to do because my S.O. doesn't want to do it and I wouldn't expect him to do that either. We have friends that do stand-up paddle boarding and I didn't like that very much and my husband absolutely hated it. I seriously had to insist he bring the board and paddle back in before he killed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I'm in Mechanicsville so that would be real easy to do.

We have our jet skies loaded up and ready to go out today but I'm going to putt around on my kayak instead and get used to the feel. I expect that will take up much of my time there so I told him to send out some text messages and find somebody else for mine. We will end up at Goose Bay since I am so familiar with that area and will be okay on my own - plus I expect that there will be several others out in the area I'll be heading - there always is. I'm real excited hence the reason I'm up so early like a little kid.
    That sounds like an awesome way to spend the day. Enjoy your time out on the water!

I like to be right.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion.

If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.

I'm surprised. Kayaking isn't something I thought you'd enjoy.

I had a really nice Hobie kayak, but just couldn't deal with the sitting position. Just found it really uncomfortable. Much better in a canoe.
    Well, there you ya go, thinking again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    All men suck - the only difference is their level of suckiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by toppick08 View Post
    #### you..have a pleasant evening,...DyeTied, RR...haughty wimmin's. And you say I'm a dick.......choke on a cork.

Going to try and sneak in a quick paddle with my daughter down at St Marys College. IF anyone sees a pair of red an blue Perception Swiftys, thats us.

As for weight when the money tree ripens up, I am looking real hard at the Oru. 12 feet long, 25lbs, and most importantly for people who travel frequently, can be folded up and taken on an airplane
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Dye Tied View Post
    Well, there you ya go, thinking again.
    Yeah...ok...my bad
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

That's me too, unfortunately. We have a nice old sea kayak (can't remember what make..bought it back in the day from Blue Wind) but my reconstructed lower back hates it. I stick to my old Grumman canoe (where I can kneel) and let the kids use the kayak.

Shame too...I envy all the folks I see launch at the Piney Point ramp and head out. Some of those things have more fishing rods on them than my boat does! And seeing a lot more of the pedal-powered ones these days too.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's me too, unfortunately. We have a nice old sea kayak (can't remember what make..bought it back in the day from Blue Wind) but my reconstructed lower back hates it. I stick to my old Grumman canoe (where I can kneel) and let the kids use the kayak.

Shame too...I envy all the folks I see launch at the Piney Point ramp and head out. Some of those things have more fishing rods on them than my boat does! And seeing a lot more of the pedal-powered ones these days too.
    My Hobie kayak had the pedals, and i had a sail kit for it too. Still couldn't deal with it. And unless you had outriggers, the sail kit was a disaster!!

And the good ol' Grumman canoe. Nothing better. My 18 footer is at my folks house in VA. I really should get it back. Had it strapped to the roof of my car years ago, but not securely enough. It "departed" and flew off into a guard rail at 30mph. Only put a little crinkle in the bow.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

I'm not going to have one problem sleeping tonight Between riding jet skies and kayaking I'm pretty pooped. What a fun day! Well, except when I fell trying to get our skies back on the trailer... stupid tide.... the tide was so low I couldn't get up on deck... Either way I was going to have to get in the water, so I guess it was fine that I went in it without much choice in the matter. My kayak is a breeze to handle and my wet suit work beautifully.

Patuxent Water Trail

The website The Patuxent Water Trail has a listing of places you can launch your kayak to paddle on the Patuxent River. The site is being updated and will include more launches and camping sites soon. There is also a great waterproof map done by a local paddler available at Patuxent Riverkeeper.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.