Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kayak guided tours

Launching tomorrow from Lower Marlboro dock at 9am (ish)...going north up to Hall creek-open invitation to explore an unchanged marsh during a high tide.
    Note: it is a 8+ mile paddle. Unique location, leisurely, but..long trek: return before 1pm.
    Bring the camera, sunscreen, and gatorade/snack...
    Like I said, open to all...
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Dakota,
    check your pm, I sent you a link for a guided kayak tour down the potomac in July.
    Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by bcp View Post
    Dakota,
    check your pm, I sent you a link for a guided kayak tour down the potomac in July.
    oOOOO me 2 plz

I went out on Saturday evening with the group to watch the super moon rise, on St. Jerome's Creek. We went to Spinnakers for dinner then launched at a group member's home.

There were 22 of us and it was a really good time. Coming back in there was one spot where the current was really strong and pushed us around but it was brief.

Looking forward to the next outing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    All men suck - the only difference is their level of suckiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by toppick08 View Post
    #### you..have a pleasant evening,...DyeTied, RR...haughty wimmin's. And you say I'm a dick.......choke on a cork.

Quote Originally Posted by Dye Tied View Post
    I went out on Saturday evening with the group to watch the super moon rise, on St. Jerome's Creek. We went to Spinnakers for dinner then launched at a group member's home.

There were 22 of us and it was a really good time. Coming back in there was one spot where the current was really strong and pushed us around but it was brief.

What an awesome picture!
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

I went kayaking for the first time yesterday. i'm hooked. it was so relaxing and beautiful, serene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dye Tied View Post

I wanted to go on that ride pretty darn bad but my husband had other plans for us that evening. I did see all the kayaks heading down which of course rubbed a little salt in the wound as we were heading to a party given by some of his friends. We had a great time but still... moons like that are not all that common and it sure was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcat View Post
    I went kayaking for the first time yesterday. i'm hooked. it was so relaxing and beautiful, serene.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been out a couple of times this weekend - got a little pink coloring to show for it (I always forget to bring my hat).

I've also taken out a few newbies this past weekend and all enjoyed it. My husband's nearly 67 year old mother did very well as did my 14 year old son.... but today, I took out a neighbor's kid (18 years old) and she did about 30 circles before she finally stopped paddling and looked at me like she was ready to give up. I paddled over to her and swapped her paddles (mine is so much lighter) and told her to just watch the others going by for a little bit. Once she did that, she did so much better.

This duckling mom watched me for the longest time and just as I got close, she took off for a swim. Her babies were so tiny.

Well, darn, my picture is having trouble uploading. Sorry!
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

This is great reading,m I've been thinking of getting into Kayaking but have not pulled the trigger on looking into what model. Everytime I see people doing it, I keep thinking "what a great way to work on the core and upper body".

Took my 75 year mom fishing on "smith's creek" over the week end, first thing that came to mind was in a kayak. Reading this post is a sign I will run with, going to start looking for one. 5' 6" 170 lbs, very fit, fllexible and lots of energy. Anyone have any suggestion on which model to buy, I would like to explore the creeks on the Pax River and Potomac area.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGear View Post
    This is great reading,m I've been thinking of getting into Kayaking but have not pulled the trigger on looking into what model. Everytime I see people doing it, I keep thinking "what a great way to work on the core and upper body".

Took my 75 year mom fishing on "smith's creek" over the week end, first thing that came to mind was in a kayak. Reading this post is a sign I will run with, going to start looking for one. 5' 6" 170 lbs, very fit, fllexible and lots of energy. Anyone have any suggestion on which model to buy, I would like to explore the creeks on the Pax River and Potomac area.
    I would suggest renting a few different types - Solomons has a rental place and at the end of the year, they sell the ones off they rented for the season at a reduced price. I know I sat in no less that 30 when deciding which one to buy and most people HATE the one I bought because it is narrow... but I didn't buy it for others... I bought it for me and I love mine. You could also check out Beacon Surplus in Waldorf. The entire upstairs is nothing but kayaks and they have a wonderful selection. You have to ask them to open the door upstairs and if you didn't know they had an upstairs, you wouldn't think to ask. I find the biggest tool in a pleasant paddle is the actual paddle you buy... you want something light.

Now, I'm seriously considering purchasing a paddle board. I've been borrowing one and talk about a work-out... shesh... I didn't think I'd have the stamina and coordination but my 1st outing out, I was standing and paddling with very little issues.

The great thing about paddling is what you get to see while out there. Birds... turtles... fish... and you burn something like 400 calories an hour doing it.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Thank you! I will definitely rent acouple firts. By the way, I thought I would look in the classified. someone is selling a Eclipse 116 DLX sit on Kayak, have you had any experienced with this model?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.