Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kayak guided tours

I checked out the boat launch at Solomon's Rec Center during lunch today. I will have to give it a try.

I have a friend with a 16' kayak and a smaller kayak. The 16' is too long to manuever on some winding areas of McIntosh.

Just something to consider, length.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    All men suck - the only difference is their level of suckiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by toppick08 View Post
    #### you..have a pleasant evening,...DyeTied, RR...haughty wimmin's. And you say I'm a dick.......choke on a cork.

I'm going to try this model, since all the paddling I will doing is around smith creek area or the creek on base.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGear View Post
    I'm going to try this model, since all the paddling I will doing is around smith creek area or the creek on base.
    Good luck and I am not familiar with that model but check out reviews online. It is amazing how reviews can help you notice little flaws you wouldn't have thought of...

Here is a video on it... says $375 new

Pelican Eclipse 116 DLX Kayak Review - YouTube

Dye,

do you have a drain plug on your kayak? That was 1 thing I didn't think of but I don't really take on much water but a few people I kayak with do.
    Please neuter and spay your pets.... and your weird friends and relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Good luck and I am not familiar with that model but check out reviews online. It is amazing how reviews can help you notice little flaws you wouldn't have thought of...

Here is a video on it... says $375 new

Pelican Eclipse 116 DLX Kayak Review - YouTube

Dye,

do you have a drain plug on your kayak? That was 1 thing I didn't think of but I don't really take on much water but a few people I kayak with do.
    I have a drain plug. Eventually, I might try a sit on top because right now, I have to sit on a floatation cushion as a booster seat.
    #### you..have a pleasant evening,...DyeTied, RR...haughty wimmin's. And you say I'm a dick.......choke on a cork.

Got the Pelican tonight, any suggestion on which life jacket to get. I planned to trying it out this Friday on smith's creek by Point lookout marina.

Got the Pelican tonight, any suggestion on which life jacket to get. I planned to trying it out this Friday on smith's creek by Point lookout marina.

You want to get a jacket you can move around in. I would suggest trying a few different types on. I laughed at Dyes post about needing a floatation cushion as a booster seat but on 2nd thought I shouldn't. I'm very small up top and that limited my choices real quick. In fact, I went into the Sea Doo store in Mechanicsville and the owner took one look at me and said he had *ONE* only *ONE* that would fit me.... smallest one in the store. I was grateful to get what I got because no other store had one small enough to fit me unless I bought one with Snoopy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post

You want to get a jacket you can move around in. I would suggest trying a few different types on. I laughed at Dyes post about needing a floatation cushion as a booster seat but on 2nd thought I shouldn't. I'm very small up top and that limited my choices real quick. In fact, I went into the Sea Doo store in Mechanicsville and the owner took one look at me and said he had *ONE* only *ONE* that would fit me.... smallest one in the store. I was grateful to get what I got because no other store had one small enough to fit me unless I bought one with Snoopy on it.
    That would be something to see, thinking "Snoopy" is on the water paddling. That was one that popped into my head, being in to deep in the cocpit and have to use something to elivate me high enough to feel comfortable.

So, where does one go to get some fundementals on Kayaking (close). I've watched several "youtube" production, being into fitness I think I found something I can suggest to my clients. That's after I can navigate well in one.

Has anyone shop at the store in Solomon's, they sell high end bikes and Kayaks.

Any paddlers from the forum got together and did an outing?
    Last edited by FirstGear; 07-11-2013 at 07:04 AM.

That would be something to see, thinking "Snoopy" is on the water paddling. That was one that popped into my head, being in to deep in the cocpit and have to use something to elivate me high enough to feel comfortable.

So, where does one go to get some fundementals on Kayaking (close). I've watched several "youtube" production, being into fitness I think I found something I can suggest to my clients. That's after I can navigate well in one.

Any paddlers from the forum got together and did an outing?
    On Facebook, find Southern Maryland Paddlers. Despite the title, it really is about kayaks and canoes.

Yes, that is the shop that marks everything down at the end of the season and sells off the rented kayaks from the current year. They are a little pricey but they sure do have some nice stuff.

I think you will be fine FG... just fine.... you might navigate like you are a little 6-eyed at first but you will get the hang of it quickly. I paddled into a tree once but whatever... it happens.

Dye suggested Southern Maryland Paddlers and they do have a paddle scheduled for this Saturday - check the page for more details.

I'm A.D. so having people to follow when paddling ensures I will not end up paddling to Mexico or anything since I don't tend to paddle near the mile markers.

WOW... I had the opportunity to talked with Dave the owner of the place, got some serious education on other items. Hence I got one of the last fishing vest at a discount.

I am going to try to stay away from any major obsticle tomorrow, doing this early (7-730 a.m.) weather permitting of course.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.