Copperheads, other snakes...

ace88

Hi. I am a reptile and amphibian surveyor/volunteer. I take photos of animals, and then supply those to a database where they track how species are doing. I do not touch or harass animals. Anyhow, I am coming next week to Calvert, Saint Mary's, Prince George, and possibly Charles County. I was wondering if anyone knows any good Copperhead or other snake places. If so, PM me...I don't want to discuss sites of snakes online....as poachers can try to steal snakes and resell them or others might want to kill them.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ZARA

Sorry, I'm not from around here and I have only seen two snakes on my property in the past year. So far I haven't seen any coppers, not even at my creek. Good luck!

red_explorer

Hi. I am a reptile and amphibian surveyor. I take photos of animals, and then supply those to a database where they track how species are doing. I do not touch or harass animals. Anyhow, I am coming next week to Calvert, Saint Mary's, Prince George, and possibly Charles County. I was wondering if anyone knows any good Copperhead or other snake places. If so, PM me...I don't want to discuss sites of snakes online....as poachers can try to steal snakes and resell them or others might want to kill them.

Thanks.

Maryland Amphibian & Reptile Atlas Project - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

ace88

Thanks. I have tried contacting a few places but haven't come up with much yet. Even common turtle locations I'll take, or lizards. You have a lot more box turtles down there than we have here in PA. Hope I see one.