Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit Neuter - low cost WHERE?

Quote Originally Posted by Rt235 View Post
    Dont they poop as they walk along? Or is it in bunny diapers?
    The provider said the bunny is litter box trained. Not all rabbits can be trained that way well, but apparently this one is. She also adds a supplement to its water so that its urine doesn't smell in the litter box - didn't know they even made that for bunnies.
    Making a Difference for Critters Big and Small
    We are now a 501 (c)(3) non-profit!
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

when i lived in FL ... I had one that was litter trained, leash trained... and roamed the whole house...

never droppings on the floor.
    Some people are like Slinkies.... not really good for anything,
    but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    That was my next question but I'm trying very hard to not spout off my opinions about this.
    Apparently many providers have pets, so there are a lot of children exposed to pets of all kinds. I am sure if no pets is what you want for your children, there are providers with no pets. It's not a right or wrong thing, just a personal preference.

Do you have pets at home? Some people would never consider having a pet because they view them as dirty and unsanitary. Some people don't have children for various reasons. Just a personal preference. Whoever has more than 2.5 children made up for the 1.5 I didn't give birth to <G>.
    Please help us by donating - we need supplies for the critters awaiting adoption.
    Select us as your Charitable beneficiary on Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com) CLICK HERE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkRescue View Post
    Apparently many providers have pets, so there are a lot of children exposed to pets of all kinds. I am sure if no pets is what you want for your children, there are providers with no pets. It's not a right or wrong thing, just a personal preference.

Do you have pets at home? Some people would never consider having a pet because they view them as dirty and unsanitary. Some people don't have children for various reasons. Just a personal preference. Whoever has more than 2.5 children made up for the 1.5 I didn't give birth to <G>.
    I have 3 fish, and they are not there by choice. They came home with my kids one day thanks to my parents. I had a dog that didn't shed but was not able to bring her with me when I moved. But, I saw to it that she went to a great home.

I had rabbits growing up. It did not matter how clean I kept the cage, they stunk and always got crap on their feet. They are as cute as can be, but I wouldn't have one hopping around my house.

I dont want something that will drool more than my effing dog.....

Quote Originally Posted by ICit View Post
    when i lived in FL ... I had one that was litter trained, leash trained... and roamed the whole house...

never droppings on the floor.
    I used to have one that left a trail of poop everywhere it went, and you knew where it spent any length of time by the chewed electrical wires LOL - needless to say, Rabbit spent most of his time caged unfortunately. I was in a high rise condo then, so time outside was not a regular thing. I don't have any Rabbits due to not having a pet-friendly area for it to be outside of a cage for exercise.

Blog Entries
    I dont want something that will drool more than my effing dog.....
    Dogs are cheaper, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by sockgirl77 View Post
    Dogs are cheaper, trust me.
    and dont last as long

Blog Entries
    and dont last as long
    Now, now. You say that in jest, but I'm sure that you'd love for your pooches to live longer.

The rabbit is a pet for a daycare. He started to nibble on the children's legs last week, and the daycare provider was told it is likely a boy thing that can be corrected by having him neutered. They don't have the $100 they were told it would cost to neuter the rabbit, so we are trying to find a way to get the rabbit done at a lower cost somewhere so the rabbit can keep his home. Nibbling on daycare children is not an option so he stops it, or he has to go.
    Dont bother trying to help anymore, heard (read) owner is giving it away for free!!
    Another got and toss and throw away pet.
    If she does that to pets, how does she treat kids in her care?
    Looks like just an excuse to get rid of it.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.