Wear your seatbelts!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Not sure where they are; but the Calvert Sheriff's dept has several deputies out there right now watching for you! :whistle:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
st marys was doing that last week....

must have had someone camped out with binoculars on the look out... calling people out to officers down the street.....

:yay: good on em!!!

they have also been hot and heavy handing out LOVE NOTES... in the AM time.....

frequentflier

happy to be living
st marys was doing that last week....

must have had someone camped out with binoculars on the look out... calling people out to officers down the street.....

:yay: good on em!!!

they have also been hot and heavy handing out LOVE NOTES... in the AM time.....

I just heard their location but I'm not telling!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Been seeing a lot of public service announcements on TV for the "click it or ticket". Must be a campaign. Apparently they are now trained to spot seat belt violators at night and they even know if you fake wearing your seat belt. Not sure if they show the same one there, it's kind of funny.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Been seeing a lot of public service announcements on TV for the "click it or ticket". Must be a campaign. Apparently they are now trained to spot seat belt violators at night and they even know if you fake wearing your seat belt. Not sure if they show the same one there, it's kind of funny.

true....

one of the seat belt round ups i did hear was at night..... and they were SLAMMING them...

frequentflier

happy to be living

From what I am hearing, many of the people have their seatbelts under their arms. Sounds like they are pulling a lot of people over this morning...

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was flipping channels the other day and landed on Real Housewives of Orange Co just in time to see one of them riding in the car with her husband. Looked like the shoulder belt was underneath her arm. :smack: My husband got stopped a year or two ago because the officer didn't think he was wearing his seat belt. When she got up to the window and saw he was, she let him go.

sockgirl77

I was flipping channels the other day and landed on Real Housewives of Orange Co just in time to see one of them riding in the car with her husband. Looked like the shoulder belt was underneath her arm. :smack: My husband got stopped a year or two ago because the officer didn't think he was wearing his seat belt. When she got up to the window and saw he was, she let him go.

That's about how I feel when I watch reality shows. It always seems like those people do not have their babies in the carseats correctly.

MadDogMarine

"Apparently they are now trained to spot seat belt violators at night"

I am convinced they are using night vision(infrared) equipmernt. This is all part
of the militarization of the police under homeland security. Nothing will stop until they control every aspect of one's life in the NAME OF SAFETY. Why, they may even try to control the type of battery you put in your smoke detector.
Nah!, they wouldn't do that!!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Why would they give a rat's ass if you are wearing your seatbelt? Does not wearing one make you more dangerous? more likely to run over small children? oh yeah, thats right..theres a fine attached :whistle:

What a waste of time.

glhs837

Power with Control
Why would they give a rat's ass if you are wearing your seatbelt? Does not wearing one make you more dangerous? more likely to run over small children? oh yeah, thats right..theres a fine attached :whistle:

What a waste of time.

Well, in one sense it does. If by chance you have the presence of mind to keep driving when it all goes to hell (although according to statistics, very few drivers do, most just lock'em up and ride it in)) every bit of attention you pay to keeping yourself in driving position is a bit less attention you can pay to minimizing your crash.

Thats acutally the reason I first started wearing a seat belt, back in 1980. Moms Reliant K car had vinyl flat seats, and as I learned the fine art of cornering, I quickly realized I was spending too much effort holding myslef in place, when the belt could do that just fine, leaving me to worry about how much grip I had left:)

Last edited:

bohman

Well, in one sense it does. If by chance you have the presence of mind to keep driving when it all goes to hell (although according to statistics, very few drivers do, most just lock'em up and ride it in)) every bit of attention you pay to keeping yourself in driving position is a bit less attention you can pay to minimizing your crash.

Thats acutally the reason I first started wearing a seat belt, back in 1980. Moms Reliant K car had vinyl flat seats, and as I learned the fine art of cornering, I quickly realized I was spending too much effort holding myslef in place, when the belt could do that just fine, leaving me to worry about how much grip I had left:)

This is the first time I've ever seen the words "fine art of cornering" and "Reliant K car" used in the same sentence.

belvak

Happy Camper
Not sure where they are; but the Calvert Sheriff's dept has several deputies out there right now watching for you! :whistle:

They waved Hubby over last week when he was going over the TJ Bridge. He had his seatbelt on, saw the one cop looking at him with binoculars, then saw the other cop wave him over. Whoever was looking through the binoculars needs glasses!!! :lol: They let him go, of course! Anyway, if you're not someone who usually wears a seatbelt, you might want to start! Click it or Ticket is in full force. We always wear ours. It's just a natural step in starting the car and driving.