Questions about kittens.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
How old do they need to be before they can stop nursing? I've heard and seen different ages so I figured I would ask on here. Thanks

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Well here is the thing.

There is this cat...... who just loved getting some tail that she got herself knocked up.... (Yes a slut... I know)

Momma cat got up in my friends attic.... She had babies.
The space where the kittens are isn't big enough for a human to get up in it and the only way momma cat got up in it was from jumping up from a window ledge to a little hole. Now I'm worried she won't be able I get them down and we don't know when she had them. We are guessing 4 weeks. There are 5 of them. Everyone of them including momma cat is getting fixed!

ZARA

Well here is the thing.

There is this cat...... who just loved getting some tail that she got herself knocked up.... (Yes a slut... I know)

The space where the kittens are isn't big enough for a human to get up in it and the only way momma cat got up in it was from jumping up from a window ledge to a little hole. Now I'm worried she won't be able I get them down and we don't know when she had them. We are guessing 4 weeks. There are 5 of them. Everyone of them including momma cat is getting fixed!

Is the momma cat aggressive?

Last edited:

ZARA

The kittens won't be going anywhere for at least another week or two. Need to get the kittens use to you or your friends smell and the sound of your voice(s) so when it comes time to grab them, they will not run when you shove your arm in the hole.

Get an old shirt you don't mind trashing. Wear it for a day then shove most of it in the hole. You don't want to impede momma cat’s entrance and exit but you also want to be able to grab it and pull it out after 2 days. Talk to them the entire time. This way the kittens get use to your sound and do not associate it with danger. If you can, bring little treats and toss in the hole as well. Wash the shirt and wear it again for a day, shove it back in the hole. If you can't wear it, use a pillow case, same process.

The goal is to make the kittens excited to hear you and to come to you so you can grab them.

Without being able to see everything myself, this is the best advice I can give you.

Radiant1

Soul Probe

She knows what she's doing by instinct. She'll get them down just fine when she's ready. She'll eventually lead them to the food bowl and that's when you can snag them. Bide your time and try not to worry.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
So we got all but 2 down. Of the 3 that we have 2 have broken legs because they were wedge in the wood. One has both back legs not working, and they are very swollen. I'm going to take them to the well pet Clinic 2morrow. We are going to put them in our laundry room with the window open with hopes of her bring the other 2 over.

mudpuddle

So we got all but 2 down. Of the 3 that we have 2 have broken legs because they were wedge in the wood. One has both back legs not working, and they are very swollen. I'm going to take them to the well pet Clinic 2morrow. We are going to put them in our laundry room with the window open with hopes of her bring the other 2 over.

oh my!
That is so sad to hear! I hope you do well taking them to the clinic, etc.
Best of luck!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Those poor babies! Keep us posted.

I will. It's really sad I started to cry I really think one might be put down cuz his legs are very very bad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

mudpuddle

Can't help thinking about you and the kittens! Hope you post today to let us know how things go.
You are a good soul to be taking care of them!!!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
cany chance in catching the mom and getting her spayed...so she cant have anymore kitten?

the kittens i had last year were only about 3 weeks old when i got them... and they only bottle fed for a few days ...then started to eat soft food mush.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Well... :(

I have good news and bad news.

1 of the cats with bad legs is waking and trying to play. The bad news is the other kitten that was stuck has to have the leg removed. They said its completly dead and cold. It was broken and twisted. But so far I have 2 boys and a girl. Buster, dutchess and lucky. Lucky is the smallest and worst one because of the leg they are worried about the size of him because he might not live through surgery and I don't know how much surgery is gonna cost

Radiant1

Soul Probe

1 of the cats with bad legs is waking and trying to play. The bad news is the other kitten that was stuck has to have the leg removed. They said its completly dead and cold. It was broken and twisted. But so far I have 2 boys and a girl. Buster, dutchess and lucky. Lucky is the smallest and worst one because of the leg they are worried about the size of him because he might not live through surgery and I don't know how much surgery is gonna cost

:frown:

mudpuddle

oh my...you have your hands full!!!! How upsetting this must be for you...surgeries are not cheap. We could never afford them...don't know how you will do it!!! Hopefully you will find a way! the poor kitty who has to have his leg removed! My heart goes out to him/her and you. This would upset me greatly to have to see that!!! Again, I hope you will be able to afford it...

thank you so much for posting with the update so soon! I am sure your office visit was not that cheap either!

ZARA

If the kitten’s health is good, the surgery won't be an issue. I found a kitten once that was 6 weeks old, had total nerve damage and gangrene in the front left leg, had it removed and the kitten was fine and grew into the most wonderful cat I had ever had. The surgery cost me all of 200.00 and I got 12 wonderful years out of him before cancer got him. Now days, no telling what the surgery will cost, especially around here.

I’m glad you got them, how about the ones still in the attic?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
If the kitten’s health is good, the surgery won't be an issue. I found a kitten once that was 6 weeks old, had total nerve damage and gangrene in the front left leg, had it removed and the kitten was fine and grew into the most wonderful cat I had ever had. The surgery cost me all of 200.00 and I got 12 wonderful years out of him before cancer got him. Now days, no telling what the surgery will cost, especially around here.

I’m glad you got them, how about the ones still in the attic?

We Are still trying to get them. They are in a place well we can't reach and will prolly have to take the ease off to get it, momma cat doesn't seem to interested in the ones in the attic either. The kittens are about 4 weeks old from what the doctor said the one with the dead leg weights less than a pound, the only thing I'm worried about is who would take a 3 legged cat because Im allergic to long hair cats. And That's what momma cat is. You should have seen me at the well pet clinic eyes running cough sneezing. I guess my allergy shots arnt working lol