Game of Thrones - The Red Wedding

Chris0nllyn

There's even videos of people's reactions as they are watching the episode up on Youtube.

Definately a wild episode, and I don't think many people were expecting that!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
If you've never read the books it must have come as a shock. It was even more graphic - although there were significant differences - in the book.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I watched it last night. I just sat there stunned as the credits rolled. I heard that no main charecter is safe on the show, they proved it last night.

You got a clue when Ned Stark was beheaded in season 1. (It was Sean Bean so you should have known it was coming, haha). Just wait. I've said that George RR Martin is the most despicable but fantastic author who ever lived.

My man's never read the books, and he's always asking me what's going to happen in which in refuse to tell him. Just when he thought Rob would have no recompense for not marrying the girl, the red wedding scene occurred, "Mother ####! I hate this ####ing show !!!!" (He really loves to hate it). :lmao:

Btw, did you notice there was no music this time when the credits rolled? Complete silence that added to the shock.

For bresamil:
How People Reacted To Last Night’s Game of Thrones [Comic] | Geeks are Sexy Technology News

crazykitty

If you've never read the books it must have come as a shock. It was even more graphic - although there were significant differences - in the book.

My husband is reading the books now but he had not gotten to that scene yet. I guess the book has a different order. He always pauses it on the scenes that he has read and tells me the way it happened in the book. It makes me want to start reading the books but do not know if I have the time to do that right now.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Actually I am in the printing business but we won't be printing any George Martin books. My bad, I'm reading "A Dance With Dragons" now.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Actually I am in the printing business but we won't be printing any George Martin books. My bad, I'm reading "A Dance With Dragons" now.

Oh, ok. You had me all excited there for a minute thinking Martin finished book 6. :lol:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I don't think the fat man has written one page of it yet.

Last I heard, 200 pages. He's too busy making appearances at comic shows. I'm thinking he shouldn't wait too long for this one or the show will catch up. Most likely the contract with HBO allows him to do whatever he wants though. :ohwell:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Last I heard, 200 pages. He's too busy making appearances at comic shows. I'm thinking he shouldn't wait too long for this one or the show will catch up. Most likely the contract with HBO allows him to do whatever he wants though. :ohwell:

I read an interview with Martin. He said he was worried that the show would catch up with him before he could finish writting the series.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If I was as fat as he is I'd be more worried about the grim reaper catching up to me.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My fear is that he'll pass before he finishes the book series. Then someone else will be contracted to finish it up and it just won't be the same. That's what happened with Robert Jordan and The Wheel of Time series.

I want to know the whole Tyrion story. I want to know the truth behind Jon Snow's birth. I want to know if the white walkers come south of the Wall. I want to know who will win the Game of Thrones.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Quick synopsis of the show, please. 25 words or less will do just nicely. :yay:

I haven't yet seen any of the shows, nor read the books, so have no idea what it is about. I'm just wondering if it would interest me and if it's worth it to me to start watching it.

Thanks!

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Quick synopsis of the show, please. 25 words or less will do just nicely. :yay:

Impossible. It's far too in depth and wouldn't do it justice. It's considered epic fantasy, so if you like period pieces mixed with fantasy and dastardly deeds with characters you love to hate or who are evil and good all at the same time you'll love it. I have season 1 on DVD if you want to borrow it.