Mooch Gets Testy With Heckler: “Listen To Me!"

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Nobody interrupts the queen!

First lady Michelle Obama was interrupted by a heckler about 10 minutes into a speech at a campaign fundraiser in D.C. on Tuesday.

A woman started shouting and calling for the president to sign an executive order on gay rights, according to a pool report.

“One of the things I don’t do well is this,” the first lady said, before leaving the lectern and moving over toward the woman.

Obama said you can “listen to me or you can take the mic, but I’m leaving. You all decide. You have one choice.”
Mooch Gets Testy With Heckler: “Listen To Me Or I’m Leaving” – Update: White House Scrubs Portion Where She Threatened To Leave… | Weasel Zippers

At least nobody threw a she at her!!!

UPDATE:

Of the interaction with the first lady Sturtz told The Washington Post in an interview Tuesday night that “[Obama] came right down in my face,” Sturtz said. “I was taken aback.”

The Post also reported that Sturtz said when Obama offered the microphone, Sturtz told Obama that she would take it.

Well, at least Mooch is following her husband's advice, "Get in their faces!"

Last edited:

tommyjo

Mooch Gets Testy With Heckler: “Listen To Me Or I’m Leaving” – Update: White House Scrubs Portion Where She Threatened To Leave… | Weasel Zippers

At least nobody threw a she at her!!!

UPDATE:

Well, at least Mooch is following her husband's advice, "Get in their faces!"

Just wondering....

When Chris Christy got in the face of a heckler...what was your opinion? (Your opinion THEN...not now as all "conservatives" now hate Christy because he tried to do what was best for the people of his state.)

Was Laura Bush a mooch? Barbara Bush? Nancy Regan?

This country has significant problems to tackle...do you know what any of them are? Or hasn't your right wing press/internet told you that you are allowed to think about them, yet?

frogman123

I don't understand the problem with calling out a heckler. I love how you have somehow turned the person being heckled into the bad guy vice the a**hole who interrupted. This is why no one takes right wing sites seriously. It's like reading a tabloid.

bcp

In My Opinion
cant say who to hate more in this instance.
the dyke for trying to start crap where it does not belong
or the mooch,, well, for being who she is.

Im torn...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I don’t like heckling at any level. When someone is trying to make a speech they at least deserve the respect to finish their speech without interruption. Yeah I get the 1st amendment, but I also get basic decency and respect for others, that THEY have the podium and deserve the RIGHT to be heard. This should never have anything to do with whether I agree with that person philosophically.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When Chris Christy got in the face of a heckler...what was your opinion? (Your opinion THEN...not now as all "conservatives" now hate Christy because he tried to do what was best for the people of his state.)

I don't 'hate' Christy. I think it's great that he staked out what he believes in in a crisis sooner rather than later. There's nothing wrong with being for government solutions when it matters most. I appreciate his honesty. That way, when, if, he starts the "I'm a small government kinda guy' dog and pony show, the press can simply point out that that is not true.

Oh, and Christy didn't do what was best for his state. He wasted the opportunity to fix what was wrong with New Jersey, zoning, infrastructure, that made them dependent on the federal government instead of being a state that can handle it's own affairs.

Frankly, that makes him one of todays Republicans anyway.

:shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don’t like heckling at any level. When someone is trying to make a speech they at least deserve the respect to finish their speech without interruption. Yeah I get the 1st amendment, but I also get basic decency and respect for others, that THEY have the podium and deserve the RIGHT to be heard. This should never have anything to do with whether I agree with that person philosophically.

It's the 'free speech' amendment. Not the 'basic decency and respect' amendment.

If the First Lady chooses to go out there and wade into policy and governing fights, that shouldn't come with some sort of free pass that says she can jump in the pool but, she doesn't have to get wet. That's absurd. Can't handle public speaking? Go bake some cookies or tend the garden. Take another vacation. She's first lady. Who chose to wade in.

Hecklers are easy. Let 'em be heard. If they have a point, good for them. Most of the time, they do far more harm to their cause simply because of their behavior. In this case, the Obama's have used gay folks very heavily to further their personal ambitions without a heck of a lot of pay off so, that's the real issue here, constituent disappointment.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Just wondering....

This country has significant problems to tackle...do you know what any of them are? Or hasn't your right wing press/internet told you that you are allowed to think about them, yet?

I don't understand the problem with calling out a heckler. I love how you have somehow turned the person being heckled into the bad guy vice the a**hole who interrupted. This is why no one takes right wing sites seriously. It's like reading a tabloid.

Christy got into the face of a heckler verbally. Similar to the way stand up comedians handle hecklers. Moochelle actually got off the podium and shoved the mic in the nutcase's face. At least Barack handled his last heckler with aplomb. Just proves to me how classless the FLOTUS is.

I don't hate Christy. I think he's funny. His latest decision to hold a special election isn't the best option for the people of NJ, it's best for Christy.

The Bushes and Reagan first ladies all vacationed at their own homes. Where does Moochelle want to take her extended vacation this year, Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard? Sure can't go back to Chicago, the kids would get mugged. Reminds me of the Clinton's. Homeless until a certain somebody guaranteed their mortgage on that home in NY.

I've commented on the proposed solutions to many of the problems our country faces. You just throw shlt bombs. That's why nobody takes you seriously.

At least you're good for a laugh every day. :buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's the 'free speech' amendment. Not the 'basic decency and respect' amendment.

If the First Lady chooses to go out there and wade into policy and governing fights, that shouldn't come with some sort of free pass that says she can jump in the pool but, she doesn't have to get wet. That's absurd. Can't handle public speaking? Go bake some cookies or tend the garden. Take another vacation. She's first lady. Who chose to wade in.

Hecklers are easy. Let 'em be heard. If they have a point, good for them. Most of the time, they do far more harm to their cause simply because of their behavior. In this case, the Obama's have used gay folks very heavily to further their personal ambitions without a heck of a lot of pay off so, that's the real issue here, constituent disappointment.

Basic decency is lost.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Basic decency is lost.

A political speech where someone is going to pander to you, patronize your intelligence and seek favor for personal gain is not exactly a meeting of the delicate ladies debate club where Roberts Rules, decorum and etiquette are the order of the day.

My very first political speech I attended was May 15, 1972, in Laurel, Maryland in a parking lot. I was 8. I had ZERO idea what was going on, who was speaking, what they were for or against or even who they opposed. My dad apparently thought it was a good idea to expose us kids to some of our politics in real life.

I stood by a couple guys in blue jeans with signs who didn't seem to thrilled with the guy. They were shouting as he spoke. I didn't even have a clue what they were talking about either but, the seemed so cool to an 8 year old.

In any event, I was exposed to political rancor from my day 1 and, had my dad not possessed such a joy in leaving ahead of crowds, we'd have been there 5 minutes later when when some guy named Arthur Bremer expressed his displeasure with George Wallace.

So, shouting, overt opposition, heck, assassination attempts, you speak of 'decorum' in our political life as if it is some long lost and cherished thing that has suddenly been thieved away by our dreaded modern age when in fact, it never really existed. At least not as you mean it.

Good for the lesbian speaking truth to the power of yet another pompous ass sez I.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
If you all are going to criticize someone, at least spell their name correctly.

CHRISTIE

KRISTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:bigwhoop:

Why should I waste my time trying to spell someone's name who decided he doesn't want to be what he advertised himself to be?

PsyOps

Pixelated
A political speech where someone is going to pander to you, patronize your intelligence and seek favor for personal gain is not exactly a meeting of the delicate ladies debate club where Roberts Rules, decorum and etiquette are the order of the day.

My very first political speech I attended was May 15, 1972, in Laurel, Maryland in a parking lot. I was 8. I had ZERO idea what was going on, who was speaking, what they were for or against or even who they opposed. My dad apparently thought it was a good idea to expose us kids to some of our politics in real life.

I stood by a couple guys in blue jeans with signs who didn't seem to thrilled with the guy. They were shouting as he spoke. I didn't even have a clue what they were talking about either but, the seemed so cool to an 8 year old.

In any event, I was exposed to political rancor from my day 1 and, had my dad not possessed such a joy in leaving ahead of crowds, we'd have been there 5 minutes later when when some guy named Arthur Bremer expressed his displeasure with George Wallace.

So, shouting, overt opposition, heck, assassination attempts, you speak of 'decorum' in our political life as if it is some long lost and cherished thing that has suddenly been thieved away by our dreaded modern age when in fact, it never really existed. At least not as you mean it.

Good for the lesbian speaking truth to the power of yet another pompous ass sez I.

:buddies:

I really wish I could cut you off every other word when you're into one of your long-winded rants. I'd really like to see your response.

Larry: "Will you let me finish?"
Psy: "No"

:tantrum

SamSpade

Just wondering....

I would hope that by now you should realize that all of "US" are not some monolithic group that functions as some kind of hive mind.

I'm really only familiar with one instance with Christy. I'm sure there were others, but the one I know about was the one with the teacher in the town hall meeting, who despite her remarks was not evoking much sympathy.

I've now just read more events - and I guess I see a slight difference. He's very blunt but he isn't insulting. He doesn't appear to lose his temper. Quite frankly, a lot of politicians do this, and I applaud it, even if it comes from the left. I'd rather a Dennis Kucinich who says something straight up that I think is stupid, than a mealy-mouthed Pelosi who often doesn't seem to even know what she is saying.

So - yeah. I liked it when Christy did that. I wasn't so crazy about Dubya smiling and saying "ain't free speech grand" but at least he didn't lose his cool.

This dust-up kind of baffles me, because the First Lady doesn't have any power to do anything regarding gay rights. I think it's tough when you're not a professional politician to not take political issues PERSONALLY, which is just about the only way you can get angry over this kind of heckling.

I actually kind of like Michele - but her strength is not in dealing with political issues over which she has no influence, because she's bound to get this kind of attention.

SamSpade

That's absurd.

I didn't see a sarcasm smiley, so I'd be interested to hear how that isn't true. She has no authority to sign an Executive Order or any such thing. If someone hopped up and said "do something" she could in no way honestly make any promise. The only thing the First Lady ever has is the ear of the President, but has no authority of her own.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I didn't see a sarcasm smiley, so I'd be interested to hear how that isn't true. She has no authority to sign an Executive Order or any such thing. If someone hopped up and said "do something" she could in no way honestly make any promise. The only thing the First Lady ever has is the ear of the President, but has no authority of her own.

I would suggest numerous things have happened policy wise, be it something inserted into legislation or part of an executive order, that the first lady personally said "You know, Mr. President, Barack, hubby, sweetie pie, I was thinking you maybe oughta consider this..."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just wondering....

I KNEW! that if I read your posts long enough eventually I'd agree with something you said.

The heckler was in the wrong, not Michelle.