Drivers, QUIT being nice

SmallTown

Football season!
I suppose that drivers here are realizing how bad they are, so they try to do things to make them seem "nice" on the road, but it is really making things worse.. Seems that one of the big things around here is to have this little "passing lane" to get around cars that are turning left. It has become common practice, and this happens even when there is lane there, just the shoulder of the road. But what happens is that the people turning left will sometimes stop, and wave a car that is turning left on to their road to come on through.. Nice gesture, especially in traffic.. But with people zooming around the right side of the car, it is an accident waiting to happen. I have seen a couple of accidents like this and MANY MANY close calls.

Same goes for people crossing traffic. I know it is the "nice" thing to do to let cars come into traffic, but when they are trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic to do so, BOOM.. Especially if the car pulling out wants to go in the opposite direction. They for some reason feel that since YOU stopped to let them through, that the people in the other 3 lanes are going to do the same and they just go.. Bad... I think the area around sheetz at the corner of 235 and chanellors run is a prime example of this.. The number of accidents and close calls there is mind boggling..

Oh well, my rant for the day :smile: