GOOPERS Want To Deport DREAMers.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"WASHINGTON -- The House voted 224-201 on Thursday to end Department of Homeland Security discretion policies that allow it to delay deportations for young, undocumented immigrants and other people deemed low-priority, effectively demanding the government force out Dreamers who came to the United States as children.

The amendment, offered by immigration hawk Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), was approved mostly along party lines. However, three Democrats -- Reps. John Barrow (D-Ga.), Nick Rahall (D-W.V.) and Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.) -- supported the amendment. Six Republicans -- Reps. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.), David Nunes (R-Calif.), Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.), Jeff Denham (R-Calif.), David Valadao (R-Calif.) -- opposed it, while nine members did not vote.

The King provision was added to the Department of Homeland Security spending bill currently being considered by the House. It's almost certain to be opposed by the Democratic-run Senate, or by President Barack Obama, who has expanded the use of discretion in deportation proceedings. "

"It contrasts with comprehensive immigration reform efforts, which would likely grant a path to citizenship to the same people being granted deportation relief under prosecutorial discretion.

It also comes at a time when Republicans are working to attract more Latino voters;

an op-ed on the "American dream" from House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) was published in Spanish-language newspaper La Opinion hours before the vote.:

"Our nation’s immigration system is broken, and has been for some time. Securing our borders, enforcing our laws, and making the process of becoming a legal immigrant fairer and more efficient will help America remain a magnet for the brightest minds and hardest workers."

"By making life work for families and expanding opportunity for everyone, we can restore the growth and prosperity that will keep the American Dream safe for our children and grandchildren. Nothing is more important. "

Spanish version of Boehner's op-ed here.

bcp

In My Opinion
dreamers? all they dream about is working under the table while digging their filthy unwashed hands in real Americans pockets.
as far as trying to attract hispanics? they only worry about the ones that are legal, the ones that will be deported are voting illegally for the nasty filthy U.S hating democrats.

Democrats argued vociferously against King's proposal when it was debated Wednesday evening. "We should not hold children responsible for the actions of adults and their parents. We should give them an opportunity," said Rep. Luis Gutierrez

Well my daughter is being held responsible for the actions of her parents. Her mother and father had the nerve to both remain gainfully employed in skilled jobs. As a result, even though she has GPA over 4.0 and SAT of over 2000 and is the first person in her family to head to college, the government has said she does not qualify for loans nor does she qualify for grants. Now before you spout off about how she shouldn't expect the government to fund her education, keep in mind that this very same government DOES fund the education dreams of those who are here illegally and also those that belong to families on the dole for a living. As a regular watcher of Judge Judy I can assure you that these recipients receive thousands and thousands from the government each year and they buy cars and clothes and other stuff with it and they "lend" it to friends because they don't have to account for what they do with it... it is a big ole allowance from us taxpayers in the HOPE that they do the right thing. Meanwhile, because my daughter has the nerve to be born to a legal working family she has to find a way to pay the over-inflated cost of education that has become ever increasingly expensive.

My daughter has a dream too ya know. Maybe I should claims she was smuggled in from Canada. :ohwell:

dontknowwhy

Well my daughter is being held responsible for the actions of her parents. Her mother and father had the nerve to both remain gainfully employed in skilled jobs. As a result, even though she has GPA over 4.0 and SAT of over 2000 and is the first person in her family to head to college, the government has said she does not qualify for loans nor does she qualify for grants. Now before you spout off about how she shouldn't expect the government to fund her education, keep in mind that this very same government DOES fund the education dreams of those who are here illegally and also those that belong to families on the dole for a living. As a regular watcher of Judge Judy I can assure you that these recipients receive thousands and thousands from the government each year and they buy cars and clothes and other stuff with it and they "lend" it to friends because they don't have to account for what they do with it... it is a big ole allowance from us taxpayers in the HOPE that they do the right thing. Meanwhile, because my daughter has the nerve to be born to a legal working family she has to find a way to pay the over-inflated cost of education that has become ever increasingly expensive.

My daughter has a dream too ya know. Maybe I should claims she was smuggled in from Canada. :ohwell:

Been here, done this...it really does suck!!