Michael Moore's Anti-Bush 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Rescued By Miramax Heads

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Miramax Films may not be bringing you Michael Moore's anti-Bush flick "Fahrenheit 9/11," but the company's heads Bob and Harvey Weinstein hope to.

According to Reuters, the brothers plan to buy back the "Bowling for Columbine" director's new film from Miramax parent company Walt Disney Co. and seek a third-party company to handle distribution. Miramax's contract with Disney, which bought Miramax over 10 years ago, states that Disney can prevent Miramax from distributing certain films.

Linkage: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1486982/20040513/index.jhtml?headlines=true

What's the chances of this coming out before November?

ylexot

Super Genius
Originally posted by sleuth14
What's the chances of this coming out before November?
It would be really sick if they released it on 9/11, but I wouldn't put it past them.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Michael Moore's Anti-Bush 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Rescued By Miramax Heads

Originally posted by ylexot
It would be really sick if they released it on 9/11, but I wouldn't put it past them.

I'm not as concerned about that as I am about the ramifications on the election.

ylexot

Super Genius
Re: Re: Re: Michael Moore's Anti-Bush 'Fahrenheit 9/11' Rescued By Miramax Heads

Originally posted by sleuth14
I'm not as concerned about that as I am about the ramifications on the election.
Good point...I'm a little slow sometimes :biggrin:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by FromTexas
They are hoping to push it out by July.

Wonderful... :rolleyes:

I'm really sick of these attacks on the Bush Administration. When are we going to get the chance to twist the truth on the other guy. :frown:

Cptl Punishment

Micheal Moore is nothing more than an overweight journalist. I dont pay any mind to him. Bowling For Columbine is really a puke fest. Really. :barf:

B

Bruzilla

Greetings from the Sunshine State... land of Disney. This has been a hot topic down here, and the truth is finally coming out. The highlights are:

That the New York Times forced Moore to admit that they did not do an investigation of this issue as Moore stated. Rather, the NYT merely repeated a story that Moore's agent had told them.

That Eisner had told Moore last year that Disney would fund the movie but not release it under Disney or Miramax, and would instead release it as a third-party Lion's Gate film. All this hype about Miramax now thinking about using another distibutor is BS... the issue was decided a year ago.

That the claim that Eisner/Disney was afraid of ramifications from Jeb Bush if they released the film, yet didn't scare them enough to prevent them from giving Moore $6,000,000 to make the film, doesn't pass anyone's smell test.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I think the DNS chould fund the release since it's basically their movie anyway. Can you imagine the howling we'd be hearing about the evils of corporate America if the tables were turned?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
DNC rather.:blushing:

That's what happens when a systems nerd writes a note during a break from work. We need more achronyms.