Wagon Wheel...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...can someone explain this???

Old Crow Medicine Show got the thing to gold status in 2011. That's not very long ago.

Why is Darius doing it??? How come Country radio doesn't just play the original???

I hope OCMS are reaping a #### ton of dough out of this but, man, it just seems so wrong. If they were out of the business, fine. If someone passed away, fine. If it was a 20, or even 10 year old golden oldie, fine.

This, I just don't get. It's like, well, I don't know what it's like but, it's absurd. That's what it is. Absurd.

:tap:

...can someone explain this???

Old Crow Medicine Show got the thing to gold status in 2011. That's not very long ago.

Why is Darius doing it??? How come Country radio doesn't just play the original???

I hope OCMS are reaping a #### ton of dough out of this but, man, it just seems so wrong. If they were out of the business, fine. If someone passed away, fine. If it was a 20, or even 10 year old golden oldie, fine.

This, I just don't get. It's like, well, I don't know what it's like but, it's absurd. That's what it is. Absurd.

:tap:

The song was originally written by Bob Dylan... with his permission Old Crow finished writing the song and then released it. It is my understanding both are now collecting BIG royalties on the Darius version and happy about it.

Darius Ruckers version is awesome. OCMS not so much.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The song was originally written by Bob Dylan... with his permission Old Crow finished writing the song and then released it. It is my understanding both are now collecting BIG royalties on the Darius version and happy about it.

Darius version sounds like what it is, over produced. OCMS's version is much better.

And, as I understand it, it was never a Dylan 'song' but they were inspired by bits and pieces of Dylan doodling that they made into a song.

Burger King didn't need Rucker and neither did Old Crow.

:harumph:

:lmao:

I like OCMS version better. :ohwell:

Proof it is better with the upbeat tempo... Mumford & Sons voices suck but the tempo is kickin'! Bob Dylan sounds like Bob Dylan but the tempo is painfully slow...