puggymom

Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370904449069.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370904449069.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 570

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
The entire decade sucked for music. Absolutely horrible. 2000's not much better.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The entire decade sucked for music. Absolutely horrible. 2000's not much better.

I'd disagree to an extent about the 2000's. Granted I am a firmly entrenched, to buried in a coconut shell bra and grass skirt parrothead BUT Avett Bros. Mumford and Sons and others have made it somewhat easier on the ears.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'd disagree to an extent about the 2000's. Granted I am a firmly entrenched, to buried in a coconut shell bra and grass skirt parrothead BUT Avett Bros. Mumford and Sons and others have made it somewhat easier on the ears.
I can agree with ya there but the 90's were full of no talent, whiny acoustics, wannabe gangsta rap crap and pissy R&B. :barf:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
You all are obviously clueless of the melodic death metal that came out of Scandinavia in the 90s . :rolleyes: :drama:

puggymom

I can agree with ya there but the 90's were full of no talent, whiny acoustics, wannabe gangsta rap crap and pissy R&B. :barf:

Hey now! !! My three favorite Depeche Mode albums were released in the 90s!
Plus NIN.... those are my two favorite bands :larry:

What about Joe Diffy, Joe Diffy, do the Diffy?

:barf: Seriously... there is a country song called 1994... go look it up...:barf:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
What about Joe Diffy, Joe Diffy, do the Diffy?

:barf: Seriously... there is a country song called 1994... go look it up...:barf:

No thanks. :lol: I just noticed I have gaps in my knowledge of music due to personal events. I realized 1994 was one of them as I was finishing up my Bachelor's degree. I guess I should be thankful, huh? :cheers:

molly_21

:

I loved the 90s!!! Well the rock anyway. It was my h.s. years though.

Pearl Jam sucks ass. I am surprised that they have their own channel on XM. But yet some of the way better "grunge" bands from the 90's don't hardly get a mention (Nirvana and Soundgraden, and a few others). Sorry Pearl Jam fans.

Beta

Smile!
Except for Dookie you might be right.

Best Albums of 1994 : Best Ever Albums
Dookie!! Now that's a good album. Offspring's Smash was good. Bush had a good album that year. Nirvana's Unplugged in New York was pretty good. I had no clue Nas was that old though...'94, really?

There are plenty of musicians from '94 that were "good" in the 80's or 00's, so I don't see why their 90's music is "bad" other than people just wanting to hate on the 90's. Would you rather disco or 80's hair bands? :lmao:

Adding on to the Cobain/Bieber thing, Hole was in their prime around '94 too. :roflmao:

Pearl Jam sucks ass. I am surprised that they have their own channel on XM. But yet some of the way better "grunge" bands from the 90's don't hardly get a mention (Nirvana and Soundgraden, and a few others). Sorry Pearl Jam fans.

:yikes: Pearl Jam had some good songs! Maybe not enough for their own channel, but they're a good band. Nirvana probably isn't mentioned because their album Nevermind is probably censored due to the cover...and without their best album, you're just out of luck. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Eddie Vedder is good to look at, not listen to.

sockgirl77

Yet, the 90s are my favorite era in music. I LOVE 90s R&B. My Pandora is on 90s R&B almost every morning on the way to work. :smile:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
The Violent Femmes got religion in the '90s.

REM, Smashing Pumpkins, Cake, Hole, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Limp Bizcuit, Ludacris, Missy Elliott, Metallica having a classical album, not to mention European Trance/electronica and the DJ mixes

The 90's opened genres from all over and mashed them up and they crossed lines. Punk became rock - country became soul - rap became pop - metal became rap!

Seriously, think about all the genres that got crossed. That was the time when music pushed it's boundaries, and listeners became eclectic in their selections - listening to things they never would have before.

Beta

Smile!
The Violent Femmes got religion in the '90s.

REM, Smashing Pumpkins, Cake, Hole, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Limp Bizcuit, Ludacris, Missy Elliott, Metallica having a classical album, not to mention European Trance/electronica and the DJ mixes

The 90's opened genres from all over and mashed them up and they crossed lines. Punk became rock - country became soul - rap became pop - metal became rap!

Seriously, think about all the genres that got crossed. That was the time when music pushed it's boundaries, and listeners became eclectic in their selections - listening to things they never would have before.

Old people only want to focus on the "good ole days," aka their stuff from when they were young and getting into music. But remind them that the generation before them thought their stuff was crap, and that still doesn't seem to resonate with them.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Old people only want to focus on the "good ole days," aka their stuff from when they were young and getting into music. But remind them that the generation before them thought their stuff was crap, and that still doesn't seem to resonate with them.

I love Elvis. I enjoy disco. I like thug. I listen to everything. Old and new. Because I am a by product of crossing the lines in music genres.

I'm just sad that I'm old. :bawl:

Beta

Smile!
I love Elvis. I enjoy disco. I like thug. I listen to everything. Old and new. Because I am a by product of crossing the lines in music genres.

I'm just sad that I'm old. :bawl:

You're not who I was talking about!

and you're not OLD! :neener: