Gender-neutral bathrooms for transgender users

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Multnomah County becomes one of first in nation to require gender-neutral bathrooms for transgender users | OregonLive.com

Multnomah County is jumping to the forefront of a national debate by becoming one of the first in the country to require single-occupancy, gender-neutral bathrooms in all new construction projects for the county.

The move, coming through an executive order scheduled to be signed this morning by county board Chairman Jeff Cogen, is intended to eliminate stigmas for transgender county employees and visitors using county-owned restrooms.

“There is no doubt that there will be people who will be opposed to this,” Cogen said. “But for us, it’s all about equity and fairness. It’s about us walking our talk.”

bcp

In My Opinion
Single occupancy, I dont see an issue here.
no different from the upstairs bathroom where I work, everyone uses it, just one at a time. Big deal.

the issue comes when they open the multi person bathrooms up for pervs to use.

ZARA

no different from the upstairs bathroom where I work, everyone uses it, just one at a time. Big deal.

Uni-sex multi-person bathrooms already exist.

You calling me fat? :coffee:

rmorse

Pervs? 'Splain, please. Are you suggesting that every single transgender person is a perv?

Pervs? 'Splain, please. Are you suggesting that every single transgender person is a perv?

Actually he said "Single occupancy, I dont see an issue here." :ohwell:

I wouldnt want to go in a bathroom to share stalls with men. A perv can be anyone.... be it a transgender or a forumite who jumps to conclusions. :yay:

rmorse

Actually he said "Single occupancy, I dont see an issue here." :ohwell:

I wouldnt want to go in a bathroom to share stalls with men. A perv can be anyone.... be it a transgender or a forumite who jumps to conclusions. :yay:

Did you miss this part?

"the issue comes when they open the multi person bathrooms up for pervs to use. "

We're in a thread discussing bathroom use for transgender people. He clearly stated that he doesn't have an issue with single occupancy. He then stated the above about pervs.

Believe what you want, but I'm not jumping to conclusions. If I was, I would rail on him for saying that every trangendered person is a perv. But I'm not sure that's what he's saying, which why I asked for.....clarification.

Good try though.

rmorse

Did you miss this part?

"the issue comes when they open the multi person bathrooms up for pervs to use. "

We're in a thread discussing bathroom use for transgender people. He clearly stated that he doesn't have an issue with single occupancy. He then stated the above about pervs.

Believe what you want, but I'm not jumping to conclusions. If I was, I would rail on him for saying that every trangendered person is a perv. But I'm not sure that's what he's saying, which why I asked for.....clarification.

Good try though.

Although, to be fair.... I am jumping to the conclusion that I'm the forumite you're referring too, when you say "...a forumite who jumps to conclusions."

rmorse

Please try to use your brain and think before you post.

But then I would be jumping to conclusions. My brain tells me that you think all transgendered people are pervs, and are frightened for yourself or your children to be around them. Why else would you be bothered by allowing transgendered people to use multi-use bathrooms? Why else would be upset that a FtM is peeing next to you, unless you believe that they're all "pervs?"

I'm in a lose-lose situation here. I can either say what's on my mind, as a direct response to your comment, or I can ask for clarification. If I say what's on my mind, I'm jumping to conclusions. If I ask for clarification before engaging in what I HOPED would be a good conversation, I am told to "use my brain."

Well, I guess I'll just use my brain and back out of the convo. Regardless of whether or not you believe all transgendered people are pervs, you've made it quite clear you have no desire to have a civil conversation and you are going to make no effort to have an open mind. I'll waste my breath on people who aren't close-minded.

bcp

In My Opinion
But then I would be jumping to conclusions. My brain tells me that you think all transgendered people are pervs, and are frightened for yourself or your children to be around them. Why else would you be bothered by allowing transgendered people to use multi-use bathrooms? Why else would be upset that a FtM is peeing next to you, unless you believe that they're all "pervs?"

I'm in a lose-lose situation here. I can either say what's on my mind, as a direct response to your comment, or I can ask for clarification. If I say what's on my mind, I'm jumping to conclusions. If I ask for clarification before engaging in what I HOPED would be a good conversation, I am told to "use my brain."

Well, I guess I'll just use my brain and back out of the convo. Regardless of whether or not you believe all transgendered people are pervs, you've made it quite clear you have no desire to have a civil conversation and you are going to make no effort to have an open mind. I'll waste my breath on people who aren't close-minded.

its obvious that you really dont have the ability to use your brain outside of what you are directly told.
so, let me be clear, you are an idiot if you honestly cant see a problem here.

Did you miss this part?

Good try though.

Ok, dear. :coffee:

rmorse

its obvious that you really dont have the ability to use your brain outside of what you are directly told.
so, let me be clear, you are an idiot if you honestly cant see a problem here.

K. I see plenty of issues. I was merely curious about your last comment, which can be taken at least two different ways. But you don't want to clarify what you mean, because then *gasp* you would actually have to formulate a standpoint. Instead, you usually say these open-ended comments just to bait people in. But it's cool. Later.

EDIT: I see plenty of issues with requiring a separate bathroom for transgendered people, and also with allowing transgendered people to use male/female bathrooms. But, I wasn't bringing up those issues since I'm still working through them (and won't bring them up anyway on this forum, since everyone is so close-minded in their political and social views). I was merely looking for more information on an open-ended statement you made, which can be interpreted multiple ways.

Last edited:
Did you miss this part?

Good try though.

Ok, dear. :coffee:

Wait... Are you calling me fat?! :mad:

:cds:

K. I see plenty of issues. I was merely curious about your last comment, which can be taken at least two different ways. But you don't want to clarify what you mean, because then *gasp* you would actually have to formulate a standpoint. Instead, you usually say these open-ended comments just to bait people in. But it's cool. Later.

Did you see, that bcp? He called you a communist. :coffee: