Rt. 4 South of Prince Frederick

From what I can tell....at least 2 vehicles. 2 helicopters incoming. North and South Route 4 @ Sixes closed. Sixes at Grays Road eastbound is also closed.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From Ripley on The Rocket's FB Page:

Traffic Alert Calvert County. 2 bad accidents, Rt.4 and Sixes Rd and one at Commerce Lane and Rt. 4 in Prince Frederick. Expect delays.

coujac

The accident at RT 4 and sixes road is really bad. My wife was driving behind the medic SUV that was responding to a call and a car pulled right out in front of the medic. Medic never had a chance to stop and drove right into the car.

Rt235

The accident at RT 4 and sixes road is really bad. My wife was driving behind the medic SUV that was responding to a call and a car pulled right out in front of the medic. Medic never had a chance to stop and drove right into the car.

Cant people HEAR and SEE these emergency vehicles????

geesh...another idiot taken off the road and sadly an important EMS vehicle wrecked.

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE and don't be in such a rush to get from your Point A to your all important Point B!!!

Waiting a couple of seconds is no big deal!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Cant people HEAR and SEE these emergency vehicles????

geesh...another idiot taken off the road and sadly an important EMS vehicle wrecked.

SLOW DOWN PEOPLE and don't be in such a rush to get from your Point A to your all important Point B!!!

Waiting a couple of seconds is no big deal!!!

Most cars are made quiet enough, and sound proof enough that if your windows are rolled up, and your music set at a moderate volume chances are you won't hear them.. until it's too late..

They didn't mention if it was a light controlled intersection, and I'm not familiar to know if it is or not. I know my kids (and me sometimes) have the habit of assuming the intersectin is OK because the light is green, and not look to see if anything is coming.. which is why I tell them that they are not ready to be on a motorcycle yet.

I think you're making judgements a little soon calling the people that got hit idiots.. MAYBE the emergency vehicle was at fault?

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I hope everyone involved comes out of it ok.. not a good situation all the way around..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Channel 4 just reported driver of the car deceased and the other In bad condition.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Police in Calvert County report traffic in both directions of Route 2/4 at Sixes Road in Prince Frederick has been halted as a result of a serious motor vehicle accident. There are reports from reliable sources that one of the vehicles involved was an emergency medical technicians vehicle and at least one person has died as a result of the crash. A call to the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office to confirm the report had not been returned as this story was being filed. Sources also indicate that at least one person has been flown to shock trauma as a result of the accident.

The sheriff’s office reported the accident occurred around 4:30 p.m. Sixes Road eastbound from Grays Road is also shut down as a result of the accident.

Serious accident halts traffic in Calvert - Southern Maryland News

Rt235

No signal at this intersection.

With all the horrible and fatal accidents...there will be!! It will end up like the Brooms Island light!

I go thru there daily...and it is crazy at even the best of times!!!

Prayers for all involved, esp the EMS volunteers.

garyt27

INAFJ
The other day there was rescue squad from P.F. going pretty fast nb rt4 with siren going but no lights on. WTF

Roman

Maybe he/she forgot to hit the switch for the lights. It happens. Let's wait for the story to come out before we throw stones. Being a former Calvert Advanced Life Support Paramedic, my prayers go out to all involved.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Update

Police in Calvert County report traffic in both directions of Route 2/4 at Sixes Road in Prince Frederick has been halted as a result of a serious motor vehicle accident. Shortly after 6 p.m. Lt. Steve Jones of the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that one person is dead and at least one person has been flown to shock trauma as a result of the accident, which involved a vehicle from Calvert Advanced Life Support (CALS Company 10). Jones stated that a preliminary investigation has indicated the accident was not the fault of the driver from Company 10, who was injured and flown from the scene. According to Jones, an accident reconstruction will be conducted at the site.

The sheriff’s office reported the accident occurred around 4:30 p.m. Sixes Road eastbound from Grays Road is also shut down as a result of the accident.

UPDATE - One confirmed dead in Calvert crash - Southern Maryland News

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was southbound from PF about 30 cars behind the accident. I was stopped in traffic before the fire, rescue and police showed up. When they routed me onto 'Sixes Rd' I caught a pretty close glance of the black car.
I got routed onto Sixes then cut back through 'Grays Rd' to 'Broomes Is. Rd' to 'Ball Rd' to get back out to 4 by the 'Crossroads' church at the intersection in St. Leonard. Continued southbound toward home.
Horrible accident.

Last edited:

hotcoffee

I left Prince Frederick at 5PM. At first Rt 4 was moving... slow but moving.... so I hung with it.... then it stopped....

I know the Sherriff's office can't put all their resources in one place... but hey... it would be helpful if some of the officers would do some traffic control rather than standing around the scene.

It took me 3 hours to get from Prince Frederick to Lusby.... That's really ridiculous.

I know it was a horrible accident. I know they do the best they can do... but getting traffic moving somehow without ruining the evidence at the scene should be a priority as well. Dispatch an officer to the site to keep traffic moving away from the site... then place officers at the intersections... [like Sixes and Grays... Grays and Brooms Island.... etc.]

I'm always brilliant when I am the armchair quarterback.... lol

:coffee:

EMS_Chief

Or you could have saved an hour and a half, plus the time of the post and gone over 231 and down through St Mary's.:evil:

Although it appears that people are standing around sometimes it doesn't mean they aren't needed. Unfortunately the public perception is that people are just standing around instead of moving traffic. Trust me, we would rather be anywhere but sitting in the middle of the road.

hotcoffee

Or you could have saved an hour and a half, plus the time of the post and gone over 231 and down through St Mary's.:evil:

Although it appears that people are standing around sometimes it doesn't mean they aren't needed. Unfortunately the public perception is that people are just standing around instead of moving traffic. Trust me, we would rather be anywhere but sitting in the middle of the road.

Like I said... when I got on 4 it was still moving. Although it was slow... it was moving.

I understand that everyone has something to do at an accident.... but it's important to regulate the traffic too.

I deeply respect what our police, fire, and rescue do. Like I said... it's easy to be an armchair quarterback.... after sitting for 3 hours... it seems I do have the right to be an armchair quarterback as well.

Oh and please... someone tell those medic units that lights AND siren go together. I've seen them on the road a lot with out both.... it's dangerous and we don't have enough medics as it is...

:coffee: