Girls to fight with men in the Rangers & Seals

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Women in combat: Could special ops be the next stop? - U.S. News

The Pentagon has moved beyond merely talking about placing women into combat and is actively mapping how, when and where servicewomen eventually will be assigned to far more dangerous duties — including, perhaps, special forces operations, senior U.S. defense officials tell NBC News.

While the blueprint for dual-gender U.S. combat units continues to be sketched — and remains subject to change — military brass are contemplating a stunning first: allowing women to begin training as Army Rangers and Navy SEALS by 2016, Pentagon officials said on Monday.

thurley42

HY;FR
GMAFB......what a joke..

No, you know what, go for it....I truly applaud the .0000001% of women that can make it through the training and be an asset....

But the second they lower the standards for our most elite fighting forces to fill a quota....well, that's the day I completely lose what little faith I have left in our country.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
That is one way to handle the sexual harassment in the military. F wit her, she kicks yer arse..

Ever try to rape a Seal?

:ohwell:

I learned at a very young age... actually... I wasnt that young - I was a teenager... that I will never... I repeat... NEVER be strong enough to overpower a man. :ohwell: I tried with my 3 brothers... Lost every time. :ohwell:

I think most women are that way. We are less muscular and softer people all around. :shrug: Putting women in these positions is a distraction. :nono:

I'll wait here for the "You're so sexist" comments. :coffee:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
IMHO a lot of women could make Ranger. There are already many women with the jump status who could make it through the requirements to go to ranger school and who would probably excel at it.

Seals, Greenies and Force Recon, I doubt there would be very few women who even consider it for more than a hot moment. I have only known one woman my entire life that could have physically and mentally made it through that training.

However, like anything else, if they want to try, let them try. What's the harm in that? :shrug: Men wash out of that training and there is no shame. Why should there be any shame if a woman washed out. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR

I learned at a very young age... actually... I wasnt that young - I was a teenager... that I will never... I repeat... NEVER be strong enough to overpower a man. :ohwell: I tried with my 3 brothers... Lost every time. :ohwell:

I think most women are that way. We are less muscular and softer people all around. :shrug: Putting women in these positions is a distraction. :nono:

No, you're absolutely right! I think there is a very, and I mean very small percentage that could handle a limited amount of the mission tasking of Rangers, even Green Berets. I think that overall it would be a distraction, but we're not going to win that argument at this point in our country's life so if you can't beat em, ensure the standards are NOT lowered whatsoever...then it's accepting of all comers without jeopardizing the operational readiness of the unit....

I do think there is 0 place for females in SEAL/Delta environments, but I don't think we'll have to worry about that.....yet.

IMHO a lot of women could make Ranger. There are already many women with the jump status who could make it through the requirements to go to ranger school and who would probably excel at it.

Seals, Greenies and Force Recon, I doubt there would be very few women who even consider it for more than a hot moment. I have only known one woman my entire life that could have physically and mentally made it through that training.

However, like anything else, if they want to try, let them try. What's the harm in that? :shrug: Men wash out of that training and there is no shame. Why should there be any shame if a woman washed out. :shrug:

I am not saying they can't try it. I am saying they will fail. :coffee:

And I am more referencing the Navy Seals. I don't know much about the Army... or its Rangers.

ZARA

It is wiser to out smart and out manuever a man instead of trying to over power. Use your size against them the same way they use theirs against you.

It is wiser to out smart and out manuever a man instead of trying to over power. Use your size against them the same way they use theirs against you.

I'm a pretty big girl... 5'6'' 145-150 ish... But I still could never seem to push them over or pick them up. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

There are plenty of women who can outperform, out work and beat up some men. There are no women that can do that to elite men let alone above average men. It's just that simple.

The best female MMA fighter in the world could not last any longer against any remotely decent male MMA fighter than he let her. Same for boxing and wrestling.

Same for tennis. Basketball. Arm wrestling. Kick boxing. Football. Rugby. Anything physical, women can't compete with men.

Woman have the stamina, the intelligence, the athleticism, the courage, the pain tolerance and the will but they do not, can not and will not have the brute physical tools to do what guys do.

Further, the Marine Corps did a thorough study of women in the corps trying to do guy stuff and I don't recall if it was the exact same training but, the bottom line was that women break down under that type of abuse way faster than men. Knees, muscle tears, sprains, etc. They physically just simply break. Men, strong men, break down. It is just absurd to offer up this Demi Moore GI Jane fantasy. It ain't happening because it can't.

I am all for women doing anything they want to try. If you need to beat a man to earn the job, so be it. Go beat him.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
IMHO a lot of women could make Ranger. :

It would destroy them physically. 50% of men who I am guessing were pretty fit to begin with to even bother trying, fail. The list of physical problems these guys suffer is awful. These people don't do stuff that makes them stronger as they go along and through the years. They do stuff that wears you out month after month. They just endure it.

:shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IMHO a lot of women could make Ranger.

sure ........

..... can you imagine a bigger shait storm, when a DEAD Female Ranger is drug in her underwear through the streets of Mogadishu ....

and it will NOT Be some Feminist Politician's daughter getting killed in a firefight .....

the unpopular topic at DC Cocktail Parties ...... the sexual assault every women captured in the MI since the 1st Gulf when the Female Huey Pilot was captured ....

wait until the Mooselimbs start sawing the heads of women ......

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It would destroy them physically. 50% of men who I am guessing were pretty fit to begin with to even bother trying, fail. The list of physical problems these guys suffer is awful. These people don't do stuff that makes them stronger as they go along and through the years. They do stuff that wears you out month after month. They just endure it.

:shrug:
Since you are specifically referring to Rangers...I will respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Most Rangers do have knee problems. However, most folks (male or female) with jump status have knee problems. Will there be freak accidents with a woman getting strangled in her cords. sure. But the guys have already set the precedent.

As for being a Ranger, I believe many women would excel at it. Forward observation is within any woman's wheelhouse.

Scouting - women do that every day looking for a sale. Ambushes - ever been married? Raids - ever have a mother? Women would excel as Rangers. Having interacted with many a crying snot blowing Alpha Company 1/75 Ranger for having to go without a meal for a few days and knowing women who intentionally starve themselves...

Yeah I'm making a joke, but it's true. There are many women who would fit very well within the Ranger mold.

I think you are just blowing smoke to be blowing it, not having interacted with any Rangers or any active duty females.

sure ........

..... can you imagine a bigger shait storm, when a DEAD Female Ranger is drug in her underwear through the streets of Mogadishu ....

and it will NOT Be some Feminist Politician's daughter getting killed in a firefight .....

the unpopular topic at DC Cocktail Parties ...... the sexual assault every women captured in the MI since the 1st Gulf when the Female Huey Pilot was captured ....

:eyebrow:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
sure ........

You referring to PFC Lynch - the supply clerk? The reason the public even went nuts is they didn't think women were anywhere near the combat lines. I guess they don't realize who drives the supply trucks and who the medics are and that combat lines are not straight lines drawn on a map.

The American public doesn't give a crap about anybody being killed or raped, as long as it doesn't directly effect them. We are an apathetic nation.