What would you do if this were your kid?

Beta

Smile!
Grow up into a supervillain and take vengeance on the teacher
IMG_0404.jpg

:coffee:

It would have been nice for the class to scoot over a little bit so the students stood at the edge of the bleachers, but I'm not sure they could have done much more. Maybe put the teacher on the other side of the bleachers. I doubt anyone intended for it to be harmful.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
They could have planned this better.

We had a special needs student, us front row shorties sat in chairs, with the wheelchair in the center, and the rest of the students on the bench/bleacher seats. How hard would that have been?

nobody really

I need a nap
aw, i would hate to think it was intentional. she looks so happy, i hope they did a retake when they realized how it turned out.

BlueBird

The parent requested a retake, the photo was retaken. I would keep the re-taken photo with my kid on the bench and discard the original.

Hard to believe that in our modern age of political correctness that the school didn't think this through a little better.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
That teacher did it on purpose. She is a racist, bigot, communist and she hates people with disables. She should be fired, deported and sent to jail. The school and the photographer should be sued for $100 million dollars.

Hard to believe that in our modern age of political correctness that the school didn't think this through a little better.
Aaaaaah, but the brain can only focus on so much politically correct things at at a time... I noticed none of the children were wearing an NRA t-shirt nor were any of them in a hoodie. The boys and girls were also noticably seated in an organized random pattern so as not to offend with over-segregation by race or sex.

I seriously and completely believe this class was funneled into the gym and quickly seated and the picture snapped without any thought of gap space between the end of the bleacher seat and the wheelchair and then the next class was funneled in to have their picture snapped.

Once it was pointed out, the wrong was righted and a retake was done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"For some reason it makes me feel even worse that he’s so happy in the picture,” Don Ambridge tells the Province. “I think it’s because he’s still innocent ... He’s still naive to how other people can treat him.”

Well you know what, Dad? Keep with your whiny bull#### and he will be neither naive nor happy.

Why wouldn't they just exclaim over the picture and talk about how cute he looks and his big smile rather than make a stink? Why use their bitterness to turn their child bitter as well?

"Be sensitive to our differences, but don’t highlight those differences, accommodate them.”
And yet that is exactly what his parents did. He's set over to the side at the end of the bench? Where were they supposed to put him?

I hate these parents.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

It appears it took a while, if it even has been retaken yet.

I think the point the parents were making was not to ostracize special needs kids - include them. Adults tend to do this much more than kids do.

Look at that boy trying so hard to be part of the other kids and smiling so big. I want to go snatch him up and hug him and squeeze him and name him George.

It appears it took a while, if it even has been retaken yet.

I think the point the parents were making was not to ostracize special needs kids - include them. Adults tend to do this much more than kids do.

Look at that boy trying so hard to be part of the other kids and smiling so big. I want to go snatch him up and hug him and squeeze him and name him George.
The article said the re-take was done with the boy carried and placed on the bench.

I have a really hard time believing every oversight is a slight.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Such a big smile on that darling little boy.

Placed in the center, with his classmates surrounding him, would have been a much better pose.

It was a bit insensitive, but likely not done intentionally. I hope the photographer takes this as a "lesson learned" and will do it right if in a similar situation again.

BlueBird

Aaaaaah, but the brain can only focus on so much politically correct things at at a time... I noticed none of the children were wearing an NRA t-shirt nor were any of them in a hoodie. The boys and girls were also noticably seated in an organized random pattern so as not to offend with over-segregation by race or sex.

I seriously and completely believe this class was funneled into the gym and quickly seated and the picture snapped without any thought of gap space between the end of the bleacher seat and the wheelchair and then the next class was funneled in to have their picture snapped.

All good points but....

That teacher did it on purpose. She is a racist, bigot, communist and she hates people with disables. She should be fired, deported and sent to jail. The school and the photographer should be sued for $100 million dollars.

And this is the reason why the school should have thought it through a little better. I would be good with a re-take and I would move on but in the age of litigation schools can't afford to not be too politically correct and sensitive.

bcp

In My Opinion
The problem was that they set the kids up centered on the bench, for this shot they should have left the chair where it was, slid the rest of the kids down to make it look as inclusive as they could, then photoshopped the bench to even it out.
But even though I would have requested a retake, I would have understood the reasoning behind how it came to look the way it did.