Gun nuts target Twin Cities block fairs.........

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"A group of gun owners have set their sights on a series of Twin Cities neighborhood family events for their own gun-toting get-togethers, beginning this weekend.

The gun owners “meet-up” events, in which the promoters suggest guns be carried openly and not just concealed, came as a surprise to some city officials and organizers of the Open Streets neighborhood gatherings.

“I’m shocked and saddened,” said Nancy Homans, policy director for St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman. “It seems like guns isn’t the right kind of activity for this event. We’re not even allowing alcohol. … I’m not sure there’s much of a connection between these two events.”

The Facebook page promoting Open Streets-Open Carry says gun owners will add “their own twist” to the neighborhood events by “encouraging ‘open carry’ for pro-active, positive visibility of law abiding gun owners participating in normal social activity … Like normal people!”

Organizers of the legal gun-carrying gathering couldn’t be reached for comment.

In an e-mail to Minneapolis city officials, Shelley Leeson, the gun group’s director, said she was informing them of her group’s plans as a professional courtesy.

“I do not find it necessary to seek ‘permission’ or give ‘warnings’ to police about our lawful activities.”

She said she was giving officials a heads up “to avoid the overreaching spectacle of any of us being unreasonably detained.”

The gun group’s Facebook post invites “all law abiding gun owners, 2nd Amendment and liberty supporters” to socialize at the Open Street events in Minneapolis and St. Paul, pointing out that they’re not there to protest or rally. The post encourages guns to be carried out in the open but it’s not required, and it reminds owners they need a valid permit to carry. "

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was going to ask the same thing. Sounds like their definition is anyone that owns a gun.

So roughly one third of the population of the United States then. Sure are an inclusive bunch, those anti-gun idiots, eh? No wonder their message is so ineffective. Gun ownership is rising..concealed carry states increasing in number...pretty soon the likes of the boy will be pretty much irrelevant. Wait...that was redundant..wasn't it?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So roughly one third of the population of the United States then. Sure are an inclusive bunch, those anti-gun idiots, eh? No wonder their message is so ineffective. Gun ownership is rising..concealed carry states increasing in number...pretty soon the likes of the boy will be pretty much irrelevant. Wait...that was redundant..wasn't it?

Awww, and he likes your post.