I get my news from...

If I were to have only one news source it would be...

• Network news & Local 6 pm broadcasts

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cable news channels

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Newspapers & weekly magazines

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Web news & Blogs

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Radio

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Hessian

Looking at the spin with Berg story and scanning Drudge 4 times a day...I was curious where most of the forum searches for news...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Usually web news. I don't normally have patience for sitting for an hour watching the news on TV, especially since most of it is rehashing the same things ad nauseum.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You forgot "word of mouth". A wise little birdy once told me that the media industry has a liberal spin, and since the war started, I've noticed the "Anti-American" news outweighs the good stuff (see Dustin's thread...). So I take info from people I know to be pretty reliable. Not exactly the most accurate way to go about it, but it saves me time and frustration.

Hessian

Since I have skipped the "evening news" and refuse to even look at the cover of the POST, I feel very informed by reading the AP wire (found on Drudge) and looking for deeper stories on World Net Daily. This forum has been very informative too...
My awkward question then is...do I still have a skewed view of the news?

Naturally I miss the evening news but the bias is soooo evident!
No wonder their ratings have tanked! No wonder the networks hate the web...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Just picking one, newspapers. At least you don't have to look at the person reporting the story and you can check a few of them to get different takes on the story.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Every day...

...first thing I read is Wash Post on my door step. Not to read what is new but to read their coverage of last night from:

CNBC
CNN
FOX
CNN Headline news
MSNBC

I scan 'em all for an hour or two in the evening to check on...

Their coverage of:

Drudge. It's a link site of current news. People think of "Drudge" as a site in and of itself. 99% of it is links. GREAT stuff.

I also read the Post and The Wash Times online. San Fran bay chronicle. I'll check out latest headlines from the DU and of course here on SOMD to catch anything new and interesting and follow their sources.

From there for fact checking stories I want to know more about and HAVEN'T heard enough, I'll go all over the web and check up on what Ken King says because he and some others DO research on their facts and opinions. Agree or not, I learn more. Vrai hunts stuff down real well also.

It really doesn't take long to find out what is going on. I just enjoy reading and hearing all the nuances and bias's as to HOW the sun came up this morning. Doesn't take long to filter BS either.

Call me a news hobbyist.

PS what the kids hear at school from teachers and peers is often intersting as well.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm a news junkie as well Larry. :lol: My three main sources are Drudge, Fox, and somd.com. I'll flip on CNN or BBC every so often, just to get another perspective. :shrug: