Rude Fast-food Drive-Thru's

MDindef

Anyone noticed this problem around here? Many of the places you go, the salesperson at the drive-thru seems very impatient in taking your order, like they're doing you a great favor (instead of being grateful that you're spending your money at their restaraunt), and no thank you or anything. Then you get your food and change without any of the common courtesies that are supposed to be there with good customer service.

Anyone ever do anything about it?

I did, and there were changes. Short term to be sure, but they lasted a little while. I hate to be one who complains, but if you don't say something, nothing ever gets done!

SxyPrincess

I've never been to a fast-food chain where the service was commendable. I can name a few times where I've been waiting in line for bout 5 minutes, not a single person on register. They are either (1) on the phone; (2) outside smoking; (3) walking back and forth; or (4) just standing around dumbfounded. I've gotten in many of arguments with employees at Wendy's and McDonalds over this behavior.

I have written letters to McDonalds however, I noticed no change in the location I mentioned. I guess you either have to deal with it, or stop patronizing. :rolleyes:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
There are some like that but I haven't run into as much rudeness as incompetence! A drive-in person at the Mickey-D's in Charlotte Hall once managed to screw up a three-item order.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
The only good McDonald's drive-thru is the one in Dunkirk – the service there is the BEST of any I've been to! Always fast, always courteous! :biggrin: Now the one in Pr. Fred STINKS! ARRGHH!

H

Heretic

I actually dont mind incompetence nearly as much as rudeness. People can't help the fact that they are stupid but can do something about being rude.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
We live in an area with about 2% unemployment. When numbers are this low, it effects this end of the job market. If this type of poor service bothers you, either move to an area with 4-5% unemployment, or lower your standards so that you are happy when you receive something resembling decent service.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by Nodnarb
When numbers are this low, it effects this end of the job market.

You know ,,,,,, I really have to disagree with you on this one. Maybe if the parents/teachers of these kids would teach their kids some manners and discipline when needed this situation would not be happening. Why should I move becacause of some rude service person.

J

justhangn

We live in an area with about 2% unemployment. When numbers are this low, it effects this end of the job market. If this type of poor service bothers you, either move to an area with 4-5% unemployment, or lower your standards so that you are happy when you receive something resembling decent service.

I guess if you don't like the crime rate in your area, you should just move instead of taking back your streets, huh Nodnard.

There is no excuse for poor service. The little dipstick AND the manager need to be replaced in that instance.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by justhangn

I guess if you don't like the crime rate in your area, you should just move instead of taking back your streets, huh Nodnard.

There is no excuse for poor service. The little dipstick AND the manager need to be replaced in that instance.

Now that's apples to oranges. No reasonable person would liken the severity of neighborhood crime to some snot-nosed punk who won't smile, bagging your big mac and fries.

I simply said that if you're going to be upset by someone who is putting in time for minimum wage, then you should probably change your outlook. Fast food drive-thru is right between the Big-Bite counter at 7-11 and all-you-can-eat buffets, in the pecking order of restaurants.

I'm not saying that these kids shouldn't act differently. Sure, their parents should motivate them. But don't assume that the parents are any better... They probably don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, and probably don't have a strong role model to influence them.

I'm just saying that if you have more going on than they do, then you shouldn't allow yourself to be upset by them. Smile, treat them better than they treat you, and maybe you'll have an impact. But I assure you that if you come back at them, you're just adding to whatever problem they already have and no one will win.

Because unemployment is so low, employers can't find better people. Training has something to do with it, but you still have to have something to train. Sure, replace them. But you're replacing one attitude with the next.

If you, the consumer, REALLY want to have an impact on the folks who frustrate you, give them something positive, treat them with respect, and hope that the guy behind you does the same. Maybe they'll see that life is good, people are nice, and there's a better life if you follow that example.

My original post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but what parts of my argument above do you disagree with, chuckster? I can only speak from the restaurant consumers' perspective.

J

justhangn

Now that's apples to oranges. No reasonable person would liken the severity of neighborhood crime to some snot-nosed punk who won't smile, bagging your big mac and fries.

LOL, now being reasonable is something I'm not accused of often. :biggrin:

All joking and BS aside, I agree with your latest post.

As far as treating the people behind the counter nicely, that's a given, everyone should treat others as they wish to be treated. Unfortunately, the real world isn't so nice and regardless of how you treat the people, you just get the blank stare. LOL