Is There a Bigger Ass in Politics Than John McCain?

B

Bruzilla

I just suffered through one of the worst Meet The Press shows that I've ever seen. Russert had Joe Biden and John McCain on to "debate" the issues. Yeah... right.

Two things really ticked me off. First, Russert asked them what needed to be done in Iraq to improve the situation. Biden took the Kerry position of the US being powerless without the help of the Germans, Russians, and French. Russert asked the same question of McCain, and that pusswad said that he disagreed with Biden because he didn't think that the Russians, Germans, and French would be willing to work with us because of "the mistakes of the past." So.... in McCain's view... the reason that these countries didn't, and won't, help is that Bush/the US screwed up. What an ass! After all of the evidence that's shown how these countries were in bed with Hussein, I ifnd it amazing that he would make a statement like that.

Next, Russert played a clip of a Ted Kennedy speech where he says that the recent prisioner mistreatment in Iraq shows that "Hussein's torture prisons have been reopened." Russert asked Biden if he thought that comment was out of line, and Biden kinda-sorta said yes. McCain didn't say squat. Then Russert asked McCain if there should be outrage over the outrage of the prisioner mistreatment, being as he had been a POW and had been really tortured. I would have thought that McCain would stand up for our troops and country and say that the use of the word "torture" was wrong, that what had happened in Iraq was nothing compared to what our past and present enemies have done, etc. Instead he went on and on about how sad he was about how this made America look bad. Again... what an ass!

K

Kain99

Russert asked the same question of McCain, and that pusswad said that he disagreed with Biden because he didn't think that the Russians, Germans, and French would be willing to work with us because of "the mistakes of the past."
IMHO, This is just another way of Mcain proclaiming that things wouldn't be so totally screwed up had he been President.

When you really look at Politics, it's always the same.... Hundreds of guys just sitting around waving their wee wee's.

ylexot

Super Genius
I didn't see Meet the Press, but I did notice that McCain was quite an a-hole to Rumsfeld during the subcommittee hearings about the prison abuses.

Maybe he's starting to reconsider the Kerry/McCain ticket. It's been brought up and he has said that he wouldn't accept, but...

Maybe we should have a Republican/Democrat trade. Republicans get Zell Miller and the Democrats get McCain.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Trade Zell Miller for McCain?

:cheers: Too right!!

There's been talk for the last couple of years that McCain has been more of a liability than an aaset to the Republican party.

On the other hand, I imagine the Dems feel the same way about Zell Miller.

However, listening to both of them, from time to time, I respect Sen. Miller for his down to earth, no-nonsense approach to politics, and where he feels the Democratic party has fallen off, and in his opinion has failed the country, its' constituents, and the party itself, miserably.

Yes, I'd be for an even swap!

As to Ted Kennedy, there isn't anybody within reach of this hypocritical bastage!
Again, there's talk of re-opening the Chappaquidick case, where he was out on an escapade with a sweet young thing, he drove off a bridge, somehow(booze involved?), and left her there for hours(drowned in the water), while a firehouse with people trained to rescue others was just a few hundred yards down the road.

Yet, he failed to locate it. Not on purpose, I'm sure!

It was one of the best examples of a coverup ever seen in the history of the U.S.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If you look at the colossal ego's...

...of major politicians and major public figures in general it is AWFUL hard to distinguish degrees of ass-ness.

None of these people are there to get a pot hole fixed or help anyone live a better life. They are 'be'ers' not 'do'ers'.

They tell themselves, I imagine, that yes indeed if NOT for them then things would be worse and therefore yes, they DO do something, but again, IF NOT FOR THEM.

Congress as a whole works at maximum efficiency on one of the most popular, non partisan public policy positions there is; term limits. I should say 'against'.

But, then again, they are voted in over and over by people who say 'career politicians as a whole suck and ought to be sent packing...except for my guy."

In the end, I understand what you're saying about McCain but as long as they are elected, they are blessed and approved by we the people.

George Will says that McCain is merely playing to his constituency; the media.

Pretty accurate in my estimation, so, yeah, he's a pretty big ass lately.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Larry Gude
George Will says that McCain is merely playing to his constituency; the media.
:lmao:

McCain is an ass but I can think of bigger ones. Uncle Teddy's already been mentioned. Al Gore. Trent Lott is an ass, but McCain might be a marginally bigger one. John Kerry is pure ass - I literally cannot think of anything nice to say about him.

ylexot

Super Genius
One of my least favorite politicians...Charlie Rangle. He's like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson except that people actually voted for him. That amazes me every time I hear him speak.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde

John Kerry is pure ass - I literally cannot think of anything nice to say about him.

In case of a nuclear attack, we could seek shelter under his hair

Bonehead

Charlie Schumer of New York gets my vote for biggest azz. In politics that is, I believe that it is a prerequisite.:biggrin:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Kain99
When you really look at Politics, it's always the same.... Hundreds of guys just sitting around waving their wee wee's.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Great! The only thing I'll add is, "...and they're bellowing, 'My wee-wee's bigger than yours! Nyaah nyahh!' "

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Hmmm..Ok

Originally posted by Bonehead
Charlie Schumer of New York gets my vote for biggest azz. In politics that is, I believe that it is a prerequisite.:biggrin:
:barf: It's just a gut reaction, but while he dosen't seem to make the airwaves with ignorant, partisan political statements, like St. Ted Kennedy does, he comes off as "oily" to me. He's just too suave and cocksure of himself. Maybe he's been in the business too long.

There's another guy who's been gaining negative attention lately, and that is Sen. Arlen Spector of Pa. Some say he's more liberal than conservative in his voting record.

B

Bruzilla

There was another thing about yesterday's MTP that ticked me off. Russert, McCain and Biden all kept harping about some Iraqi poll that shows 80% of Iraqis don't like having American troops in Iraq, and that this was an indicator that they wanted Americans to leave. I think that if you took a poll of Americans and asked them if they like paying taxes, 90%+ would say no. But change the question to "should we eliminate all taxes all together?" and most people would realize that's not a good idea.

I would like to see the Iraqi poll results to the question: "Should all of the US troops get out and allow our military, police, and foreign insurgents maintain your security?" I'll bet that poll would show a markedly different response.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...make news...

...it would seem the goal, an Iraq with no Saddam nor similar dipshit would kinda obviously, if the Iraqi people were up to it, would include running their own country...sans US.

"So, Sen. McCain, are you for healthy children...kiss, kiss...???"