Anyone plan on watching this?

RPMDAD

Doesn't always work out as planned though.

In the following years, Karl developed some of the most amazing acts like the seven-person chair pyramid. They continued performing those acts until 1962, when, while performing at the Shrine Circus at Detroit's State Fair Coliseum, the front man on the wire faltered and the pyramid collapsed. Three men fell to the ground, killing Richard Faughnan, Wallenda's son-in-law; and nephew Dieter Schepp. Karl injured his pelvis, and his adopted son, Mario, was paralyzed from the waist down.

Other tragedies include when Wallenda's sister-in-law, Rietta, fell to her death in 1963, and his son-in-law Richard ("Chico") Guzman was killed in 1972 after touching a live electric wire while holding part of the metal rigging. Nonetheless, Karl decided to go on. He repeated the pyramid act in 1963 and 1977. Karl continued performing with a smaller group, and doing solo acts.

Karl Wallenda crossed the Tallulah Gorge in Georgia on a high wire on July 18, 1970.

On March 22, 1978, during a promotional walk in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Karl Wallenda fell from the wire and died. It was between the towers of Condado Plaza Hotel, 10 stories high. He was 73.

The Flying Wallendas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homer J

Power Chord
Wirelessly posted

I'll just be glad when its done so we don't have to see the commercial anymore.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Here's a video of that crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b142uWh7e-c

Wallenda just crossed over US 41 in Sarasota, Fl in late Jan of this year. I think he was at about 200 feet up for about 450 yards in windy conditions, and he made it safely. Again.

I saw an interview earlier, he said he will definitely be looking down because he's going to have a view no one else ever has. His only concern for the whole thing is going to be wind. He also said he feels safer without the tether, he says he feels like that is going to trip him.

Rt235

You may get to see it live, they are really drawing it out.

We just got in and he still has not walked....Just might wait till the 11:00 news for the yes/no report and then plan to watch reruns all thru the summer!!
Good luck to him and all the hype and stuff..... Night!:howdy:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
We just got in and he still has not walked....Just might wait till the 11:00 news for the yes/no report and then plan to watch reruns all thru the summer!!
Good luck to him and all the hype and stuff..... Night!:howdy:

Yep, it's Sunday night and most people go to bed early. The ones watching are waiting for the next show. "Naked and Afraid" which looks strange. I changed the channel to news, then headed to bed.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I stayed up late and watched it. Everytime the wind started blowing hard I was all :jameo: Having been to the Grand Canyon I know the wind there can be very fierce. I can't imagine how bad it must have been directly over the canyon.

I watched because I was curious and because I'm scared of heights. I know - it was a fear facing thing. Anyway, some of the camera angles made me :dead: