World Famous Gun Nut Hospitalized.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"93-year-old Mikhail Kalashnikov has been flown to Moscow for hospital treatment on an Emergencies Ministry plane after being taken ill in his home city of Izhevsk. The iconic gunsmith is said to be in a serious condition.

The inventor of the AK-47 assault rifle had been admitted to a cardiology hospital in the Russian city of Izhevsk, in the Urals, after suffering a pulmonary thrombosis, when doctors “decided to send Kalashnikov to a Moscow’s clinic for medical supervision,” said Emergencies Ministry’s spokesperson Irina Rossius.

A flying hospital complete with a team of doctors and hi-tech equipment was sent to bring Kalashnikov who also suffers from a heart condition to the capital.

At the end of May Mikhail Kalashnikov spent almost a fortnight undergoing tests in an Izhevsk hospital.

While in hospital the arms designer agreed to transfer the rights to use the Kalashnikov brand name to the Izhmash weapons factory, Russia's largest producer of military automatic and sniper weapons.

The engineer’s health is said to have worsened in December 2012. After a routine check up on December 20 Kalashnikov had to stay in intensive care for some time.

The weapons designer has until recently regularly attended work at the military plant in Izhevsk named after him. "

glhs837

Power with Control
So, reading your recent posts on anything gun related, you would have to agree that our President is surrounded 24/7 by hundreds of gun nuts. Doesnt that bother you, NH?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, reading your recent posts on anything gun related, you would have to agree that our President is surrounded 24/7 by hundreds of gun nuts. Doesnt that bother you, NH?

but that is to protect him from Right Wing Nuts :whistle:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why on earth would you call Mikhail Kalashnikov a "gun nut"?

While recuperating in a hospital after being wounded during WWII he overheard wounded soldiers discussing their dissatisfaction with current infantry weapons and he decided to design a new one and he succeeded in 1947.

Not bad for a guy who dropped out of school after 7th grade

RPMDAD

Inventor of one of the best firearms ever made. IMHO. It has more than proved it's worth.
Using NH boys logic, i guess Mr. Colt is also a gun nut.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The Romanian AK-47 I own is still my favorite rifle. Drop it in a muddy creek for a few days, drag it through fields and rocks, shake out the dirt and water, load it up, and it will fire repeatedly and accurately up to say, 250-300 yards, errr..., meters....

You will have to clean it eventually, though. All six pieces of it. 10 minutes.

The dude did what he thought necessary to help his country survive through weaponry. It worked, and still does.

Mr Kalashnikov - you rocked, dude.

(for the OP) BTW - what have you done, if anything, boy?

Last edited:

Vince

Inventor of one of the best firearms ever made. IMHO. It has more than proved it's worth.

John Browning was a gun nut. :)
An inventor, a gunsmith, etc., but nonothing describes Mr. Kalashnikov as a "gun nut." :doh: You just can't fix stupid. Liberals must all be born with the same brain....or lack thereof.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, inventors are now nuts.

Edison; light nut?

Currey; sanitation nut?

Whitney; cotton nut?

Fulton; steam nut?

Gates; software nut?

Obama, Bush; Decepticon nuts? :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I was thinking the same thing as I read down through the posts

Oliver Winchester
Eliphalet Remington
William B. Ruger
Alexander McCormick Sturm
Eugene Stoner
Travis Haley
Richard Fitzpatrick, Mike Mayberry, Doug Smith, Drake Clark
John Mahlon Marlin
John Browning
Captain Samuel Hamilton Walker
Horace Smith
Daniel B. Wesson
Marcus Hartley and Partners
Richard Jordan Gatling
General Electric
Dillon Aero INC
DeGroat Tactical Armaments
McNally Industries LLC
Garwood Industries
Emile Berthier,
Alfred Gray Parker and Arthur Hale
William Davies and son in law Philip Webley
W & C Scott and Sons
Paul Mauser
Wilhelm Mauser
Carl Gustav
Captain John By
Henri Pieper
Alexandre Galopin
Dieudonne Saive
Edmund Heckler
Theodor Koch
Alex Seidel
Nicholas Dreyse
LeMat

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How would we communicate it to you if we aren't allowed to use the internet??

Would you accept smoke signals?

:lesigh:

:smack:

what products or manufactures can you name from the list, without looking up names [internet] on Wikipedia .... NO Points for the obvious ones :whistle:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:lesigh:

:smack:

what products or manufactures can you name from the list, without looking up names [internet] on Wikipedia .... NO Points for the obvious ones :whistle:

There are probably 200 - 300 just making AR's..

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll start with my Favorites..

Windham Weaponry

Sig Arms

Bushmaster

Zombie Defense.

Sako

Armalite