“Vaseline” comment sparks controversy

BOP

Unfortunately, I think LePage later apologized for his remarks. I think he was spot on with his remarks. If anything, they didn't go far enough. Whenever the demonrats "give it" to the people, there's always sand in the Vaseline.

Afterward, Sen. Troy Jackson gave the Democrats' response to the governor's proposal. Jackson said LePage hasn't wanted to work with them and that Thursday's event was a last-ditch effort for him to get his way.

When LePage was asked about the Democrats' response, he said, "Sen. Jackson claims to be for the people, but he's the first one to give it to the people without providing Vaseline."

Read more: “Vaseline†comment sparks controversy at Maine State House | News - WTAE Home

ZARA

"Sen. Jackson claims to be for the people, but he's the first one to give it to the people without providing Vaseline."

When WMTW News 8's Paul Merrill asked the governor if he knew these comments would be viewed as offensive by some people, he replied, "Good. It ought to, because I've been taking it for two years."

:killingme:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When LePage was asked about the Democrats' response, he said, "Sen. Jackson claims to be for the people, but he's the first one to give it to the people without providing Vaseline."

:killingme

Honesty ......