Stossel vs. Napolitano on NSA scandal

SamSpade

Stossel and Napolitano Face Off on the NSA Scandal | Fox Business Video

I'm normally a Stossel fan, but I totally disagree with him here.

Ok, I watched the first few minutes and then quit - so forgive me if something more substantive than "I can't get worked up over this" was brought up.

About 80% of the time I'm on board with Stossel - but in lieu of what we've already seen about how the IRS and the Justice Department can be corrupted to use their authority for whimsical purposes - ok, even nefarious ones - I guess I don't trust the NSA to do what it's been purposed to do.

Because if the IRS, who supposedly answers to us, can be caught giving private information to your enemies, who's watching the NSA, who more or less answers only to itself?

Chris0nllyn

Ok, I watched the first few minutes and then quit - so forgive me if something more substantive than "I can't get worked up over this" was brought up.

About 80% of the time I'm on board with Stossel - but in lieu of what we've already seen about how the IRS and the Justice Department can be corrupted to use their authority for whimsical purposes - ok, even nefarious ones - I guess I don't trust the NSA to do what it's been purposed to do.

Because if the IRS, who supposedly answers to us, can be caught giving private information to your enemies, who's watching the NSA, who more or less answers only to itself?

Stossel was basically using the, "I have nothing to hide" line.

Seems the British anchors love their "security" state.