Marco Rubio’s New Tactic

BOP

Marco Rubio’s New Tactic: Imply Immigration Bill’s Opponents Want To ‘Round Up’ And Deport All Illegals | Mediaite

I think it's high time Rubio comes out of the closet and proclaims to the world "Alright, gawddammit! I'm a progressive! There, I said it!"

In debate classes or law school, it is often referred to as the ‘arguing against the non-existing opponent’ tactic. The way it works is you imply your opponent is making an outlandish, unsavory claim (though he isn’t), hoping others will run with it or, at worst, that your opponent won’t sufficiently correct it and the claim sticks.

To illustrate, imagine Sally is arguing in favor of marijuana’s legalization against Tom. In the middle of the debate, Tom suddenly shrieks: “Well, Sally, you can talk about legalizing marijuana all you want but I just don’t believe meth should be sold in schools!” The crowd erupts in applause, nodding furiously in agreement with Tom and giving Sally a disapproving ‘shame on you’ look, while Sally sits there thinking: “Wait, what just happened here? I never said meth should be sold in schools.”

That tactic is precisely what Senator Marco Rubio seems to be employing in his latest efforts to push the Gang of 8 immigration bill.

See also: IF THE GOP IS THIS STUPID, IT DESERVES TO DIE

somdwatch

It's been rumored that he will switch parties before the next election. This immigration bill will probably make that a necessity.

With that said, I know the next registration cylce I'm switching to Independent.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
With that said, I know the next registration cylce I'm switching to Independent.

At what next registration cycle (sic)? Is this like MEDICARE Open Season? You can only change your political affiliation between October and February? You can be independent whether you're registered or not.