Where to get a beak trim for my parrot??

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
All Kinds Vet in Callaway - don't remember what they charge though, the pet store in Leonardtown I think "used" to do it, don't know anymore.

brookysmom

Parrot Rescuer
Please be sure a Avian Vet who knows what they are doing does it. If done wrong it can mean he can not eat. Also is there a reason his beak is growing too much?
I ask as a overgrown beak can be a sign of disease. Usually Liver related.
What kind of bird do you have?

Yes i know this is older post but wanted to share the info on liver issues as many do not know

April

Last edited:

Roman

Please be sure a Avian Vet who knows what they are doing does it. If done wrong it can mean he can not eat. Also is there a reason his beak is growing too much?
I ask as a overgrown beak can be a sign of disease. Usually Liver related.
What kind of bird do you have?

Yes i know this is older post but wanted to share the info on liver issues as many do not know

April
I'm glad that you posted that. My Amazon has an occluded beak, but it was found to be hereditary. I take her to Dr Chabral of VCA St Mary's. She's very good with birds. Perdue lays on a towel while she's getting her clawdicure. Too cute.

brookysmom

Parrot Rescuer
I wish Pancho would allow someone to do his nails i have yet to get that done and he needs his nails done. It freaks him out so bad and as usual with Zons he holds a horrible grudge with me :lmao:

H is just such a handful in time i hope to get him done though right now we are working on doing one at a time while i hold a nut Cashews are his favorite but once a nail is cute he says heck with it and will not take the nut anymore or come near the cage bars :nono: