Ideology Selector

rraley

For some reason I am entirely bored and I found this accurate and easy ideology selector online. From my answers, I got results that I thought were very consistent with my ideology.
1)Third Way
2)Liberal
3)Neoconservative
4)Centrist
5)Radical
6)Conservative
7)Left-Libertarian
8)Libertarian
9)Paleoconservative
10)Paleolibertarian

Basically I am to liberals what George W. Bush is to conservatives, which is what the website said. Pretty interesting stuff I thought...check it out

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
1) Centrist
2) Libertarian
3) Radical
4) Neoconservative
5) Liberal
6) Paleo-conservative
7) Conservative
8) Third Way
9) Left-libertarian
10) Paleo-libertarian

ylexot

Super Genius
1. Neoconservative
2. Conservative
3. Centrist
4. Paleoconservative
5. Liberal
6. Third Way
7. Paleo-libertarian
8. Radical
9. Libertarian
10. Left Libertarian

Although, I didn't like some of the questions. i.e. "17. Should the environmental protection agency (EPA) be abolished?"

Abolished is very strong. I think the EPA is a little radical, but I don't think it should be abolished.

The survey would be much better if it was a 1-9 how-much-do-you-agree-with-the-following-statement type.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
#1 Neoconservative
#2 Conservative
#3 Libertarian
#4 Centrist
#5 Third Way
#6 Radical
#7 Left-libertarian
#8 Liberal
#9 Paleo-libertarian
#10 Paleoconservative

I've never even heard of half these. What is a Paleoconservative, Paleo-libertarian, and Third Way? And how is a Neoconservative different than a regular Conservative :confused:

Last edited:

ylexot

Super Genius
From one of the links:

Centrist - this isn't an ideology, it's the lack of one.

Conservative - generally supports free trade, limited government and traditional morality. Examples: the Heritage Foundation, Ronald Reagan.

Left-libertarian - more sympathetic to abortion rights and less sympathetic to big business than most libertarians. Has more radical notions of "property," including great skepticism toward intellectual property.

Liberal - generally believes in the power of government to help people. Examples: The Nation.

Libertarian - wants freer trade and more limited government than conservatives, but not as friendly toward traditional morality. Examples: the CATO institute.

Neoconservative - conservatives who support extensive foreign intervention and the pre-Great Society welfare state. Examples: The Weekly Standard, various Kristols and Podhoretzes.

Paleoconservative - conservatives who oppose immigration, foreign intervention, and vouchers; and have sympathies for state's rights and the South. Examples: Pat Buchanan, the Rockford Institute.

Paleo-libertarian - libertarians who oppose immigration and vouchers, more sympathetic to the South and states-rights than many libertarians. Examples: Murry Rothbard, the Ludwig von Mises Institute.

Radical - value egalitarianism very highly and are skeptical of property rights. Examples: Alexander Cockburn.

Third Way - they are to the liberals what neocons are to conservatives. They are social liberals who have warmed up to the idea of the market and are more fond of military intervention. Examples: Tony Blair, The New Republic.

ylexot

Super Genius
Another question I didn't like:
"2. Should immigration into the US be greatly reduced?"

Most people don't have a problem with immigration...it's illegal immigration that many people have a problem with.

Toxick

Splat
Very interesting

I appear to be all over the damn place.

#1 Libertarian
#2 Paleo-libertarian
#3 Conservative
#4 Left-libertarian
#5 Centrist
#6 Neoconservative
#7 Paleoconservative
#8 Third Way
#9 Radical
#10 Liberal

Not to sound ignernt, but what the crap does the prefix paleo- stand for?

ylexot

Super Genius
Re: Very interesting

Originally posted by Toxick
Not to sound ignernt, but what the crap does the prefix paleo- stand for?
1 : involving or dealing with ancient forms or conditions <paleobotany>
2 : early : primitive : archaic <Paleolithic>

Basically, it means old. Opposite of neo-

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Very interesting

Originally posted by ylexot
1 : involving or dealing with ancient forms or conditions <paleobotany>
2 : early : primitive : archaic <Paleolithic>

Basically, it means old. Opposite of neo-

Roger that. Thanks

I guess if I had time to sit here and take the quiz, I shoulda had time to go check dictionary.com.

Warron

#1 Left-libertarian
#2 Centrist
#3 Libertarian
#4 Third Way
#5 Radical
#6 Paleo-libertarian
#7 Liberal
#8 Neoconservative
#9 Conservative
#10 Paleoconservative

I don't think I have great skepticism toward intellectual property, but otherwise not too inaccurate.

soul4sale

i guessed "left-libertarian"

1 - Radical
2 - Left-libertarian
3 - Liberal
4 - Third way
5 - Libertarian
6 - Centrist
7 - Paleo-libertarian
8 - Neoconservative
9 - Conservative
10 - Paleoconservative