Yes, You Will Be Made to Care

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes, You Will Be Made to Care

You will be made to care about gay marriage. You may think it does not affect you or will not affect you or you can support it and leave well enough alone, but you cannot. The secular left and aggressive gay rights activists will not allow you to.

You must either fully embrace it or be shunned. You may think it does not affect your marriage, your life, or anything else, but you will be made to care — you will not be allowed to accept that others can disagree on the issue due to their orthodox faith. The slow march toward the destruction of the marital institution now picks up pace with Anthony Kennedy’s decision in Windsor. What is, at its heart, a tax case, became a vehicle for Kennedy to declare malicious intent on the preservation of marriage.

That’s clear from the decision. In the 90′s, the Defense of Marriage Act was enacted to preserve and recognize the traditional marital structure that the United States had had since its founding. But Anthony Kennedy declared that the purpose was ill will toward gays — ignoring that activists were seeking to upend the order of things as they had been.

This decision will be used to advance on the states. A muddled equal protection message will be used to force accommodations some are not willing to make and some cannot make because of their religion.

and the earlier ... [to recap]

You Will Be Made to Care

Much has been said about this post, including a good bit of heat toward me for putting on the front.

There is much that could be said. I disagree with a lot of the theology.

In particular, I disagree with this:

Is Homosexuality a Sin?

I. Do. Not. Care.

Luke 10 tells the story of a legal expert who queried Jesus about what was required to inherit eternal life. Christ turned the question back on its questioner, and this man whose entire life revolved around studying the law of God summed it up in two points: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

And Christ informed him that he had it exactly right.

That’s what is required to be a follower of Christ. I’m not called to hunt down sinful people, or question the faith of my friends and neighbors, or try to wield the power of the government to enforce my convictions on others.

I’m called to love God, and love them. period. The End.

First, you are not loving your neighbor if you are cool with them going to hell. Do you want to go to hell? No? Well then how are you loving your neighbor as yourself if you’re cool with him going to hell? Leading people to Christ requires leading them to ask Christ to forgive them of their sins. It requires a deeper understanding of what is a sin. The Bible is clear.

Being gay is not a sin. But same sex sexual relations is a sin, as is lying, greed, gluttony, etc — no more or less worse than any other sin — and Christ himself is clear that marriage is between one man and one woman. My church does not treat marriage as a sacrament, but it would be a sin to alter that which God himself ordained and established as an institution. Active sin without repenting, and without even feeling the need to repent, should be a big red flag on anyone’s salvation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Gay Marriage’ and Religious Freedom Are Not Compatible

As much as many would ignore, obfuscate, or try to confuse the beginning of Matthew 19, Christ makes it very clear. The Creator made a male and a female and the two become one. That is marriage in Christianity, despite what a bunch of progressive Christians who have no use for the Bible would have the world believe.

Therein lies the problem for the gay rights movement.

As long as there are still Christians who actually follow Christ and uphold his word, a vast amount of people around the world — never mind Islam — will never ever see gay marriage as anything other than a legal encroachment of God’s intent.

So those Christians must be silenced. The left exerted a great deal of energy to convince everyone that the gay lifestyle is an alternative form of normal. It then has exerted a great deal of energy convincing people that because the gay lifestyle is just another variation of normal, gay marriage must be normalized.

Meanwhile, those Christians are out there saying it is not normal and are refusing to accept it as normal because of silly God dared to say marriage is a union between a man and woman.

Any Christian who refuses to recognize that man wants to upend God’s order will have to be driven from the national conversation. They will be labeled bigots and ultimately criminals.

Already we have seen florists, bakers, and photographers suffer because they have refused to go along with the cultural shift toward gay marriage. There will be more.

[clip]

Within a year or two we will see Christian schools attacked for refusing to admit students whose parents are gay. We will see churches suffer the loss of their tax exempt status for refusing to hold gay weddings. We will see private businesses shut down because they refuse to treat as legitimate that which perverts God’s own established plan. In some places this is already happening.

SamSpade

The morality angle of homosexuality is not going to make any difference TO ME if we are talking about the law or even society. Even if I thought of it as wrong, it's never going to rank up there with theft, kidnapping, assault, rape or murder. Those things hurt people. Homosexuality doesn't.

And it's not as though, were it merely from a morality argument an issue, but the fact is that society has a lot of other "social diseases" which churches regard as sin but society allows to happen anyway. For one thing, infidelity and sexual sins among heterosexuals. For some reason, this stuff happens pretty much constantly just about everywhere, but there's not an outcry over it, and no one is asking for legislation to prohibit it.

The ONLY argument people can have - with which I do not agree - is that for gays to ask for privileges is something they can't allow. Frankly, I think they should be able to have at least the SAME privileges as married couples do. It's bad enough that the law must insinuate itself into something like marriage at all. I recognize some of it - there ought to be privileges for spouses in lieu of a marriage, a death, a serious illness, in legal cases - and you can't do this if the government doesn't at least DEFINE what a spouse is.

Religious people are offended largely by the encroachment of homosexuality on one of their most sacred institutions. They're going to have to live with it based on one inescapable fact - marriage has been around longer than religion. Christians married back in the days of the first Christians - but so did pagans. So did Jews. So did people of all religions and those without religion. It is not the exclusive domain of Christianity even if their religion declares that marriage is a pre-figure of Jesus and his church, because even when the Bible was being written about that, people were STILL getting married who weren't Christian.

ZARA

and the earlier ... [to recap]

But what about those of us that are not religious and do not define sins the way others do?
Or do not see actions as "sinful" but rather than Right or Wrong?
Or those that follow the most simplistic life motto of, "Treat others as you wish to be treated."

The world at large cannot be held by, lumped together, or forced to embrace one belief/moralistic system.

:le sigh:

Christians need to be left alone and not be expected to "conform" just like the "Others" need to be left alone and not be expected to conform. If neither party is causing harm to the other, get over it and go pick a fight that is worth the battle.

Gays do not need a Priest to perform a wedding. It's silliness because it goes against the Christian Belief system. It drives me batty when I hear Gays say, “I am a Christian.” Um..NO you are not because you do not follow the Christian Teachings.

Just because a person believes in God and Jesus, does not make them a Christian. A person must also follow the teachings, ALL teachings, not just pick and choose whatever teachings that “feel good,” to be a true Christian.

Christians feel that their belief system is the ONLY belief system because that is the frame work of their belief system. So, they will fight tooth and nail to enforce it, but that does not make it right for every one because it is not the only belief system or the oldest. And this is nuts of itself because there are so many different splintered versions of what a “Christian” is that it has all become muddled and no one truly knows which belief system is actually correct because over the years all the words change meanings and the perception changes as time goes on.

It’s all very sad to me. :bawl:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:le sigh:

Christians need to be left alone and not be expected to "conform" just like the "Others" need to be left alone and not be expected to conform. If neither party is causing harm to the other, get over it and go pick a fight that is worth the battle.

but the Gov says [insert pejorative] are a protected class, you must sell them rainbow cupcakes, you must rent a room in your B&B, You Must Print their Advertisements .... no matter what your Christian Beliefs

I am calmly sitting back waiting for the day Islam and [insert pejorative] Rights run smack into one another in the Public Square

Islam Executes Homo's for being against the wishes Allah ....

tommyjo

but the Gov says [insert pejorative] are a protected class, you must sell them rainbow cupcakes, you must rent a room in your B&B, You Must Print their Advertisements .... no matter what your Christian Beliefs

I am calmly sitting back waiting for the day Islam and [insert pejorative] Rights run smack into one another in the Public Square

Islam Executes Homo's for being against the wishes Allah ....

No, you hypocritical moron, that is not what the government says.

The government and the religion you claim to adhere to say a business or individual cannot and should not discriminate against someone else because they are different.

Interesting that you note "advertisements". You come on here and vomit your right wing garbage every day...yet you have the stones to complain because someone with different opinion wishes to do the same? AND you claim to be a champion of the Constitution????

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, you hypocritical moron, that is not what the government says.

The government and the religion you claim to adhere to say a business or individual cannot and should not discriminate against someone else because they are different.

Interesting that you note "advertisements". You come on here and vomit your right wing garbage every day...yet you have the stones to complain because someone with different opinion wishes to do the same? AND you claim to be a champion of the Constitution????

But do you care?

:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...yet you have the stones to complain because someone with different opinion wishes to do the same? AND you claim to be a champion of the Constitution????

Are you off your meds again ..... C

I never complained because someone else has a differing opinion

DynaDink

I could care less what these assclowns do behind closed doors. When they flaunt it in public and get in my face, stand by.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CHRISTIAN AIRMAN PUNISHED BY LESBIAN COMMANDER FACES POSSIBLE COURT MARTIAL

Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded by a lesbian: according to Monk’s complaint filed with his superiors, he was relieved of duty for refusing his commander’s order to say he supports gay marriage.
Now the Air Force has taken the first steps to criminally investigate Monk for talking to the media about his situation. Despite the fact that earlier this year the Obama-Hagel Pentagon said they would never court-martial a service member for their Christian faith, they have taken the first steps to possibly court-martial Monk.

On Aug. 27, an Air Force investigator met with Monk and his attorney, Mike Berry from Liberty Institute. Berry expected it to be a routine meeting to take a statement from his client, but during the meeting the investigator said that he would read Monk his Miranda rights.

Monk was advised that he is being investigated for committing a crime by the U.S. military for making a false official statement, that he has the right to remain silent, and that he has the right to an attorney. The Air Force then assigned military defense counsel to him and is deciding whether to formally charge him with a crime, at which point Monk would either have to admit guilt and accept further punishment or face a court martial.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
JUDGE RULES BAKER MUST PROVIDE WEDDING SERVICES TO GAY COUPLES DESPITE RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS

A Denver baker who adamantly refused to provide a cake for a same-sex wedding must offer his services to gay couples, a judge ruled Friday.

Judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips must comply with the order despite his religious beliefs or pay fines, according to the Associated Press.

The order reportedly said his shop discriminated against a couple “because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage.”

No fines were imposed this time, but Spencer’s order said Phillips must “cease and desist from discriminating” against same-sex couples.

The baker’s lawyer, however, said the order forces him to violate his religious beliefs.

“He can’t violate his conscience in order to collect a paycheck,” Nicolle Martin reportedly said. “If Jack can’t make wedding cakes, he can’t continue to support his family. And in order to make wedding cakes, Jack must violate his belief system.”

“That is a reprehensible choice,” she added. “It is antithetical to everything America stands for.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You Will Be Made to Care

A Christian baker in Colorado refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding. A judge is now ordering him to do so or face financial penalties.

Surely there are plenty of bakers who would bake a cake for David Mullins and Charlie Craig, the gay men who wanted the cake. But they went to Jack Phillips of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Denver, CO. When Phillips declined because of his religious beliefs, Mullins and Craig went to the ACLU, which in turn complained to the state that Phillips was discriminating.

There will be no accommodation between gay rights activists and those seeking religious freedom to opt out of the gay rights movement. Gay rights activists demand tolerance for their lifestyle, but will not tolerate those who choose to adhere to their religious beliefs.

Increasingly, courts around the country are siding with the gay rights movement against those relying on the first freedoms of the country. While many would prefer to sit this out, they will be made to care.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ultimately There Will Be No Option for Silence or the Sidelines. You Will Be Made To Care.

I have told you people again and again. You will be made to care.

Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant and then it seeks to silence good. Phil Robertson, patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan, honestly answered questions during an GQ interview. He spoke openly of his Christian faith. Because he offended a secular left at war with orthodox Christianity, he must be punished.

A&E and Phil Robertson both chose to put their respective faiths ahead of profits.

What we should not shy away from is that Phil Robertson articulated very Biblical doctrine. He referenced scripture. Homosexual acts are, in fact, sinful according to the Bible. And as society begins to openly tolerate as normal things that really are not normal behaviors, society tends to start loosening up across the board as it descends down a slippery slope.

But Robertson also admonished Christians to love. He said Christians are not to judge, but to love. As Rick Warren has said,

Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich has stepped down, the company said on Thursday, after an online dating service urged a boycott of the company's web browser because of a donation Eich made to opponents of gay marriage.

The software company came under fire for appointing Eich as CEO last month. In 2008, he gave money to oppose the legalization of gay marriage in California, a hot-button issue especially at a company that boasts about its policy of inclusiveness and diversity.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dissent on a One Way Street

Nate Silver, formerly of the New York Times and his own political prognostication website fivethirtyeight.com, allowed Colorado professor Roger Pielke to pen a thoughtful piece on the impact of climate change. Pielke agrees with the community of global warming believers that man is causing the world to heat up. But Pielke argued, with data, that the increase in weather related damage is not necessarily because of global warming. Additionally, he advocates adapting to global warming instead of wasting resources trying to end it.

The left quickly denounced Pielke and Silver. Silver’s competitors roundly attacked his entire enterprise for daring to give a heretic a voice. Silver, naturally, distanced himself from Pielke, writing, “Roger’s article … contained an implicit policy recommendation in its closing paragraph. Whether or not the recommendation was justified by Roger’s thesis and evidence, we generally prefer to avoid these kind of recommendations, and instead allow readers to draw any policy conclusions for themselves.”

Former Washington Post liberal blogger Ezra Klein has a new liberal blog site called Vox that purports to “explain” the news. The explanations have a helpful liberal spin that General Electric is helpfully underwriting with advertising dollars. But Klein hired Brandon Ambrosino for his venture. Ambrosino is a liberal gay male who has enraged they gay community by writing, among other things, that the gay left “routinely scour the private lives and social media accounts of our political opponents in the hopes of demonizing them as archaic, unthinking, and bigoted”

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Mozilla CEO resigns, opposition to gay marriage drew fire

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Mozilla Chief Executive Brendan Eich has stepped down, the company said on Thursday, after an online dating service urged a boycott of the company's web browser because of a donation Eich made to opponents of gay marriage.

The software company came under fire for appointing Eich as CEO last month. In 2008, he gave money to oppose the legalization of gay marriage in California, a hot-button issue especially at a company that boasts about its policy of inclusiveness and diversity.

I wonder if this is a government payback for taking a public an unabashed anti-NSA and government spying stance?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
HGTV Drops Show After Controversy Erupts Over Hosts’ Christian Views on Gay Marriage and Abortion

A scheduled do-it-yourself show has been canceled by Home and Garden Television before its fall 2014 premiere after controversy erupted surrounding its hosts’ Christian viewpoints on issues like gay marriage and abortion.

Twin brothers Jason and David Benham were scheduled to appear on “Flip It Forward,” a renovation show that was set to feature them helping families make improvements to their homes.

But when some left-leaning media outlets began digging into their backgrounds and personal perspectives, everything changed.

It all started when Right Wing Watch, a blog that prides itself on “monitoring and exposing the activities of the right-wing movement,” initially published a scathing recap of the Benham brothers’ political activity Tuesday, including background on their father, Flip Benham, an outspoken Christian minister.