Behave yourselves on route 4...

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Sheriff's dept is looking for you today. Been hearing people getting pulled over for brake lights out, seatbelts, reckless driving and more...don't know where they are but I can imagine they are none to happy being out in the rain with this detail...

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
The Sheriff's dept is looking for you today. Been hearing people getting pulled over for brake lights out, seatbelts, reckless driving and more...don't know where they are but I can imagine they are none to happy being out in the rain with this detail...

:yahoo:

I love when they start off the month handing out love notes!!!! :love:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Ah yes, more money for the coffers and Owe-Malley's pet projects.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

There were a ton of them out last Friday too.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
There were a ton of them out last Friday too.

And Saturday night too! Two of hubby's coworkers got nailed on their way home from work. I also drove from SMC to Huntingtown around 9pm, saw 5 people pulled over and saw 4 other cops sitting with lights off on side roads. End of month ticket time!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
And Saturday night too! Two of hubby's coworkers got nailed on their way home from work. I also drove from SMC to Huntingtown around 9pm, saw 5 people pulled over and saw 4 other cops sitting with lights off on side roads. End of month ticket time!

I thought I also saw a light-up sign that said Smooth Operator was going on too.

DEEKAYPEE8569

And it's July 4th weekend. Anybody wanna guess where the speed traps are gonna be; I mean other'n both sides of the T.J. Bridge?

Rt235

8am-ish....I am at Rt 2/4 northbound and Dares Beach at a red light. Jeep in the left lane, me in the right behind a pick up truck towing a trailer full of ladders and stuff. Jeep takes off when light went green.!....!....
Me, got slowed up by truck, signaled and moved to left lane....
Saw 4 cops sitting in front of the field at old Calvert Middle school .....
Cop appears behind me..turns on light...ACK!!!!!!
I pull to right shoulder....to yield.....
Cop takes my right hand spot, passes me and tags the jeep...I say a silent thank you to the dude in the pick up truck....

I then see Calvert's newest unmarked cop car..err "van" ...a RED Plymouth van further up by the field by Taco Bell as it had pulled over another car...

I have no idea what the jeep did wrong..we traveled most of Rt 2/4 from Solomon's up to PF....Just glad I got behind the truck in the right hand lane and went slow!!!

Be careful out there....they are just trying to keep us safe and slow us down.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sadly, slowing you down has very little to do with your being safe. Went up Rt 4 just the other day, between Lusby and PF had three people pull out in such a way that I had to make significant changes in my speed and or change lanes. When a simple wait of less than 30 seconds would have seen me by them and lots of clear room behind me to pull out safely.

Look at the history of bad crashes on that road, far more are caused by failure to yield than speeding. But speeding is easy to catch, so we do that. Sadly

RPMDAD

Sadly, slowing you down has very little to do with your being safe. Went up Rt 4 just the other day, between Lusby and PF had three people pull out in such a way that I had to make significant changes in my speed and or change lanes. When a simple wait of less than 30 seconds would have seen me by them and lots of clear room behind me to pull out safely.

Look at the history of bad crashes on that road, far more are caused by failure to yield than speeding. But speeding is easy to catch, so we do that. Sadly

Agree glhs, many mornings while i am commuting Rte 4 i have to keep asking myself, if i have the invisibility cloak activated on my truck, with all the vehicles that pull out of side roads directly in front of me. I don't know if they are not looking or just don't care, by the way i drive a pick up truck.

glhs837

Power with Control
Agree glhs, many mornings while i am commuting Rte 4 i have to keep asking myself, if i have the invisibility cloak activated on my truck, with all the vehicles that pull out of side roads directly in front of me. I don't know if they are not looking or just don't care, by the way i drive a pick up truck.

Some of both, sometimes in the same person:) Crappy training combined with a selfish attitude. My car is big and red, and imposing enough that Mommies grab little children in the parking lot as I cruise by as very low speed in case it decides to feed. People still just fly on out, not a care in the world.

Roman

They aren't only looking for aggressive drivers, they are also looking out for brake lights out, head lights out, or any other repair order type stuff. Don't forget to have your lights on if you are using your wipers during rain. Amazing that I've seen two Officers without their light on during the rain. They're Human too.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

People are oblivious and just plain ignorant on the roads. Every day on Rte 4, I'm amazed at the stupidity. Accident after accident yet people still don't learn.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Some of both, sometimes in the same person:) Crappy training combined with a selfish attitude. My car is big and red, and imposing enough that Mommies grab little children in the parking lot as I cruise by as very low speed in case it decides to feed. People still just fly on out, not a care in the world.

Sometimes we are blessed by blinding flashes of illumination. Did you all ever stop to think that the decline in driving skills and the elimination of driver's ed as a required course in high school are directly correlated? Think about it...

:coffee:

mdff21

They were running radar between 231 and Dares Beach Road. Speed limit 45 mph from just before Old Field Lane to just north of the hospital. Radar unit was by Bank of America with the stopping team lined up just north of Dares Beach Road. He would call out the vehicle and one of the stopping team would pull them over.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They aren't only looking for aggressive drivers, they are also looking out for brake lights out, head lights out, or any other repair order type stuff. Don't forget to have your lights on if you are using your wipers during rain. Amazing that I've seen two Officers without their light on during the rain. They're Human too.

Yep, got stopped last week in St. Mary's for this. The bad part was I had just had my car in for service, was on my way home, and they failed to catch this but should have. The good news is I went back, raised hell, and got the bulb changed and the inspection done for free. :yay: