Uni - Changing the Grades ..... of AA Students

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
REPORT: PUBLIC UNIVERSITY UNFAIRLY RAISING BLACK STUDENTS’ GRADES TO BOOST SCHOOL’S STANDING

To begin, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ruled last year that Hedgepeth, who is white, was racially discriminated against when she was let go. The professors, who remain anonymous, fear retribution. However all three are speaking out about the grading curves and Hedgepeth is suing the university over her departure.

Here’s how the grading scenario allegedly worked:

Professors would purportedly submit their grades to the school and then the markings would be curved up by administrators. This was described as taking place, Campus Reform reports, “to take care of their African American students” and, as the outlet notes, to “raise the school’s standing.”

Documentation, which has not been made available online, was also reportedly given to reporter Oliver Darcy, who covered the story. It has not been published, as Campus Reform fears violating the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act if the names and grades of specific students are released.

bcp

In My Opinion
Ive said it before and I will say it again.
the ones that should be the MOST pissed off about this are the blacks that did actually earn a high grade.
You start raising grades to make certain slackers in a racial group look good, the shadow of doubt is going to cover all of them in that group.
How do I as an employer know that this applicant actually earned the grades, and in reality was not a low C student that was given the boost?

Same with Affirmative action, are all blacks unsuited for their position? did they all only come to where they are because they were pushed by Affirmative action programs? no

Can you trust that the black doctor that you might choose is actually one of those that would have made it without the grade changing, and without the waivers for their low grades to get into college in the first place?

Tell you what, if I was an educated black man that did not require any of these programs, I would be pissed to think that the black guy working next to me passed all of his courses with a D average.

xobxdoc

Ive said it before and I will say it again.
the ones that should be the MOST pissed off about this are the blacks that did actually earn a high grade.
You start raising grades to make certain slackers in a racial group look good, the shadow of doubt is going to cover all of them in that group.
How do I as an employer know that this applicant actually earned the grades, and in reality was not a low C student that was given the boost?

Same with Affirmative action, are all blacks unsuited for their position? did they all only come to where they are because they were pushed by Affirmative action programs? no

Can you trust that the black doctor that you might choose is actually one of those that would have made it without the grade changing, and without the waivers for their low grades to get into college in the first place?

Tell you what, if I was an educated black man that did not require any of these programs, I would be pissed to think that the black guy working next to me passed all of his courses with a D average.

Right, like you would consider hiring the black guy?

bcp

In My Opinion

I did in the past.
what makes you think I wouldnt?
If I think after talking to him that he is the best candidate for the job, and he can make me money, I would be foolish not to hire him.

would be just as stupid as hiring a black over a more qualified white guy simply so you can pat yourself on the back over your diversity numbers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I hired 2 in one yr 2009 based on MERIT ... one over an old white guy

1 is still with my Dept. the other went on to a real paying JOB with a Fed Contractor

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Isn't the process outlined in the original link the same thing O'Malley is doing in the state of Maryland? The Department of education set in place policies that students cannot graduate high school unless the pass certain classes and maintain a certain GPA. When it became evident a bunch of students couldn't make the grade necessary to graduate the Department of education changed the rules so the 'dummies' could graduate if they did a book report or some other menial task.