Blessed Event!!!

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Just wanted to announce that my pair of clownfish in my saltwater tank laid eggs this weekend!!! The male is taking care of the eggs, fanning them with his tail and making sure no debris settles on them. The female clown is resting in her "anemone" (not really an anemone, but a soft coral). If all goes well, the eggs should hatch this weekend, which means I have to set up ANOTHER tank (this will be tank #11)...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
seasquirt on 8:28 am on Feb. 19, 2002[br]Just wanted to announce that my pair of clownfish in my saltwater tank laid eggs this weekend!!! I have to set up ANOTHER tank (this will be tank #11)...
Wow!  That is sooooo cool. :clap:  Are all your tanks saltwater...What other fish do you have?

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
No, I have freshwater tanks too... Here's the rundown on all my tanks:
6-gallon: freshwater molly fry tank
10-gallon: freshwater quarantine tank (currently vacant)
10-gallon: another freshwater quarantine, also vacant
10-gallon: saltwater quarantine tank, currently being used to prepare live rock
20-gallon: turtle tank
20-gallon: saltwater, just has one damsel now, but I'm going to try some of my corals in there
37-gallon: fancy goldfish
55-gallon: was freshwater Amazon river fish (your basic tropical fish), but it sprang a leak. I re-sealed it and will be filling it up today to test it.
60-gallon hexagon: My transplanted Amazon river fish. When their 55-gal tank gets fixed and they move back into that, I'll be moving my fancy goldfish into this one.
135-gallon: Saltwater reef tank. 2 clownfish, 1 yellow tang, 1 Pacific blue tang, 1 watchman goby, 5 green chromis, assorted corals, snails, and hermit crabs.