January 14, 1784...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...our real independence day; The day our existing government ratified the Treaty of Paris and the United States of America was now fact.

Question; would we be better off celebrating the fact, January 14, 1784, what we did, or what we're going to do, the intention, July 4, 1776?

We don't celebrate engagement. We celebrate marriage.

For birthdays, we don't celebrate that we are entering our next year of life. We celebrate reaching the current year.

Writing a 'bucket list' isn't the fun. Writing things off of it is.

Again, we don't celebrate what we intend to do. We celebrate what we accomplished and I am pondering if, maybe, we'd be better off, at least politically, if we made more of a fuss over what gets done than over what is promised.

:popcorn:

SamSpade

Do you celebrate the marriage after the ceremony - or after you sign the license? Or in the ancient tradition of marriage - after breakfast?

The Declaration itself says what it means to say - it became necessary to declare the the causes which impel them to the separation. It didn't make us a nation, but it declared is separate from England. It was our day of declaration.

And it wasn't all signed on that day, either.

And we didn't have the same working government until the Constitution was ratified by all the states.

I'll just go with the 4th.

Do you celebrate the marriage after the ceremony - or after you sign the license? Or in the ancient tradition of marriage - after breakfast?

The Declaration itself says what it means to say - it became necessary to declare the the causes which impel them to the separation. It didn't make us a nation, but it declared is separate from England. It was our day of declaration.

And it wasn't all signed on that day, either.

And we didn't have the same working government until the Constitution was ratified by all the states.

I'll just go with the 4th.
Perfect post... :yay:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hot dogs get cold fast out in the snowy winter weather and
the fuses on the fireworks get soggy and won't light. :duh: