More tin badge thuggery.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
nhboy beat you by a half hour on this. See- America the free or not thread. :buddies:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I know, I know. He's just doin' his job, amirite?
Nope you're wrong. :shocker:

So lil "I know my rights" boy could have been on his way in under a minute but decided to "exercise" his rights and was delayed for almost 10 minutes.

Some bulbs burn dim......

b23hqb

PREMO Member

So he was looking for a confrontation, found one, just to get his video on youtube, whatever. With the camera running as he pulled to a stop, he was setting this scene up, and he got what he wished.

Wonder how bad the dog scratches were on his hood, if it happened at all.

Still, the dude was in the right, but so were the cops, by the authority vested in them. Just a waste of time for all concerned.

Rommey

Still, the dude was in the right, but so were the cops, by the authority vested in them. Just a waste of time for all concerned.
Explain how the cops were right.
You are under no obligation to answer questions. Police have to have reasonable suspicion that you have committed a crime or are committing a crime. Simply driving is not reasonable suspicion. Refusing to answer questions is not reasonable suspicion. All it is is the cops getting pissed that someone dares question their presumed authority.

Fast forward...lets assume that cops stretch this type of thing to other aspects of your life. What if they came to your house and wanted to start asking you questions. What if they said they needed to come in "in the name of safety". Do you let them in? If not why? If not how is it any different than you walking down the street or driving down the road?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fast forward...lets assume that cops stretch this type of thing to other aspects of your life. What if they came to your house and wanted to start asking you questions. What if they said they needed to come in "in the name of safety".

Ahhhhhh

Already Seen that Grasshopper ....
... cops demanding to be let in to inspect Gun's in Safe ... luckily wife call husband, who call lawyer - after he rush home, Him Tell Po Po, Go Get Stuffed on advice of lawyer, on speaker phone

C

czygvtwkr

Ahhhhhh

Already Seen that Grasshopper ....
... cops demanding to be let in to inspect Gun's in Safe ... luckily wife call husband, who call lawyer - after he rush home, Him Tell Po Po, Go Get Stuffed on advice of lawyer, on speaker phone

What were they inspecting for, rust?

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
So he was looking for a confrontation, found one, just to get his video on youtube, whatever. With the camera running as he pulled to a stop, he was setting this scene up, and he got what he wished.

Wonder how bad the dog scratches were on his hood, if it happened at all.

OK, so he was held up for a few minutes.

Maybe Rosa Parks should have kept her mouth shut in the name of expediency too. How much time did she waste?

As far as the cops being right. I disagree. Just because some government judges have found that government actions are "legal" (that of suspicionless DUI stops, aka seizures) doesn't make it so.

I wonder how folks here would feel if (or maybe when) we get to the point of having random roadblocks for "gun safety checks"?

I guess most of you would STFU and do exactly what your government tells you to do.

Very well. No complaining then. Just shut up.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
OK, so he was held up for a few minutes.

Maybe Rosa Parks should have kept her mouth shut in the name of expediency too. How much time did she waste?

As far as the cops being right. I disagree. Just because some government judges have found that government actions are "legal" (that of suspicionless DUI stops, aka seizures) doesn't make it so.

I wonder how folks here would feel if (or maybe when) we get to the point of having random roadblocks for "gun safety checks"?

I guess most of you would STFU and do exactly what your government tells you to do.

Very well. No complaining then. Just shut up.

Lead the way, FF bro. Show us how it's done. End these senseless intrusions. Be the Rosa Parks of the roadways. Drive around all day just to find these situations, and confront authority every time it arises. I'm sure the results will not spoil your day.

We are what we are, unfortunately, due to PC and the ballot box. As long as the courts give authority to the local badge wearers, we have to deal with it. This guy chose to do it his way, and it could have turned out badly for him if one little thing was found wrong with his vehicle or his person - his choice.

I suppose the next time we see you in the local lineup because of something annoying and trivial like a DUI/safety, whatever traffic slowdown, will be the first time, eh?

Drive safely, soberly, and buckle up. But be locked & loaded legally in whatever state or locality you find yourself in.

Last edited:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Lead the way, FF bro. Show us how it's done. End these senseless intrusions. Be the Rosa Parks of the roadways. Drive around all day just to find these situations, and confront authority every time it arises. I'm sure the results will not spoil your day.

Well I've done jail time for my principles before. I've much bigger fish to fry these days than authoritarian traffic cops, but remain ever vigilant I will.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think that cop showed admirable restraint. I'm sitting here at a computer and fighting the urge to grab his punk ass by the hair and drag him out of that car so I can beat the #### out of him.

Go out of your way to piss the cops off, then get outraged that they're pissed. Makes perfect sense to me.

:dork:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think that cop showed admirable restraint. I'm sitting here at a computer and fighting the urge to grab his punk ass by the hair and drag him out of that car so I can beat the #### out of him.

Go out of your way to piss the cops off, then get outraged that they're pissed. Makes perfect sense to me.

:dork:

We know your opinion of that pesky constitution, it's great as long as its the parts YOU agree with, chuck the rest of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We know your opinion of that pesky constitution, it's great as long as its the parts YOU agree with, chuck the rest of it.

Actually, dear, I'm more down with the Constitution than the little gay marriage banners. :smile:

The cops don't create laws and they don't arbitrarily set up DUI checkpoints for ####s 'n grins. Being confrontational and pissing them off does absolutely nothing constructive. This little punk needs to take it up with the people who DO make the law instead of flipping attitude at some cop who's just doing his job.

Roll your goddamn window down, speak pleasantly to the nice officer, then be on your way. How freaking hard is that? Some of you people really have misplaced authority figure defiance issues.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, and you'd better believe I have better things to do with my righteous indignation than get all jacked up over a freaking beer commercial.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Actually, dear, I'm more down with the Constitution than the little gay marriage banners. :smile:

The cops don't create laws and they don't arbitrarily set up DUI checkpoints for ####s 'n grins. Being confrontational and pissing them off does absolutely nothing constructive. This little punk needs to take it up with the people who DO make the law instead of flipping attitude at some cop who's just doing his job.

Roll your goddamn window down, speak pleasantly to the nice officer, then be on your way. How freaking hard is that? Some of you people really have misplaced authority figure defiance issues.

But it does do something constructive, it informs the cop that you do know your constitutional rights and that you are defending them. If no one ever took a stand all of your rights would be taken away, one small bite at a time, it's known as the democratic way.