Mission BBQ

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
From Southern Maryland Breaking News on FB:

Dear Friends:

It is with great anticipation that we extend these invitations.

In preparation to open Mission BBQ's third Restaurant we organize and execute 4 major events.

The first of these events will be dedicated to local fire and rescue heroes. These heroes have chosen "The National Association of Fallen Firefighters" as the charity that they wish to donate 100% of event proceeds to. This will take place on Wednesday evening 17 July from 1800 until 2100 or until we run out of food to serve.

We then honor our local Police on Thursday 18 July from 1800 until 2100 by donating all income from food sales to "Shop with a Cop of St. Mary's County".

Friday 19 July from 1700 until 2100 we will be working to donate to the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity that we embrace and routinely contribute to.

We are including invitations to all three Charity events, as we know that many members of our community support multiple charities and have extended their loyalties far beyond their own their own heroic affiliations. Many of our local policemen and women have brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers that serve as firefighters. Many of our first responders have or still serve in the military. Thus it is only appropriate that we offer the opportunity to make each of our charity nights record breaking. We look forward to seeing you at one or more of our charity night events and feel excited about making a stronger difference in our community.

Attachments

• Mission BBQ.jpg
    Mission BBQ.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Mission BBQ 2.jpg
    Mission BBQ 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
IS Smokey Joes going to be in trouble?

yes and no, Smokey Joes will have it's loyal customers and it's close to the base.
But Mission BBQ is is going to be bigger, better access (parking) and have better hours. [pretty much all negatives for Smokey Joes]
Food is pretty good as well.

OldHillcrestGuy

I saw a article over the weekend in one of the papers, maybe the Post, there are two partners, one was from UnderArmour and was there from when it was making very little till now when it makes billions and the other guy work for Outback Steakhouse as a regional vice president for many years. They have a place in Pa. and plan to open 3 more place this year, including the one here in St Marys and something like 40 more locations in coming years nationwide. They pride themselves in being very charitable to local causes, like Wounded Warriors, police and fire departments and other causes. Each day at 12 noon they play the "Star Spangled Banner" in their places. :patriot:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I saw a article over the weekend in one of the papers, maybe the Post, there are two partners, one was from UnderArmour and was there from when it was making very little till now when it makes billions and the other guy work for Outback Steakhouse as a regional vice president for many years. They have a place in Pa. and plan to open 3 more place this year, including the one here in St Marys and something like 40 more locations in coming years nationwide. They pride themselves in being very charitable to local causes, like Wounded Warriors, police and fire departments and other causes. Each day at 12 noon they play the "Star Spangled Banner" in their places. :patriot:

That is very true! Family friends dad is a cop and he just had a pretty major heartattack, well Mission BBQ heard about it, and sent over meals for the family. So they could just focus on getting to the hospital and making sure he was good! They have my vote!

BernieP

Resident PIA

looking at the story in the Empty Prize I think 3 partners

Anyway, dead on, they like to support veterans, Wound Warrior program being a big one - also first responders.

Spoke with someone today that was there on Friday - that was a benefit for Wounded Warrior. They had a "soft opening" on Thursday 7/18. Apparently they invited fire fighters from the region (probably first responders).
Monday, 7/22, is their official opening day.

The review from the person I spoke to was, food good, all fresh cooked.
Prices reasonable, but not cheap. The only complaint was the first come seating and the fact that chairs and stuff could be moved around. He figures that under normal operations it won't be as chaotic as it was on Friday.

Danzig

Wed - Firefighters fundraiser
Thur - Police fundraiser
Fri - Wounded Warriors fundraiser (public)
Sat - VIP & friends
This Sunday - Closed
Monday 7/22/13 - Grand Opening
10:00 Ribbon Cutting
11:00 is normal opening time every day
Noon - all working stops for two minutes while the national anthem is played

NO FREEZERS
NO MICROWAVES
Fresh Food

ALL money spent in the restaurant for the fundraiser days went to charity, not just the profits. If your meal was $10, Mission gave $10 to charity and the food the the customer.

I went past three days, and I'm going again tonight. Tried something different every time. Everything was good.

Hank

my war
Wed - Firefighters fundraiser
Thur - Police fundraiser
Fri - Wounded Warriors fundraiser (public)
Sat - VIP & friends
This Sunday - Closed
Monday 7/22/13 - Grand Opening
10:00 Ribbon Cutting
11:00 is normal opening time every day
Noon - all working stops for two minutes while the national anthem is played

NO FREEZERS
NO MICROWAVES
Fresh Food

ALL money spent in the restaurant for the fundraiser days went to charity, not just the profits. If your meal was $10, Mission gave $10 to charity and the food the the customer.

I went past three days, and I'm going again tonight. Tried something different every time. Everything was good.

How much for one rib?

LuckyMe143

My family went on Friday and the food was amazing! Great staff and great atmosphere. I love the charities they are involved with. We will be a repeat customer!