Missing Dog

aceegee

Forgive me is this isn't the proper forum for this but I am hoping that someone will read this and can help. My dog has been missing since 7/4. He ran away and I think was spooked by some fireworks. I've posted a photo here. If you see him, please contact me right away. His family misses him terribly. His name is Mosley, but he answers to Mo.

thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPG
    IMG_0166.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 163

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Forgive me is this isn't the proper forum for this but I am hoping that someone will read this and can help. My dog has been missing since 7/4. He ran away and I think was spooked by some fireworks. I've posted a photo here. If you see him, please contact me right away. His family misses him terribly. His name is Mosley, but he answers to Mo.

thanks.

from where??? Could we narrow this down some???

:yay:

you are doing it right... Craigslist, Lost and Found on Tri county... :yay:
(and I did see where you are talking but its not for me to disclose that)

sure you have contacted the vets, posted flyers..... also post it out there on FB... think its lost and found dogs souther maryland...

I will check on that for ya.

Last edited:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
from where??? Could we narrow this down some???

:yay:

you are doing it right... Craigslist, Lost and Found on Tri county... :yay:
(and I did see where you are talking but its not for me to disclose that)

sure you have contacted the vets, posted flyers..... also post it out there on FB... think its lost and found dogs souther maryland...

I will check on that for ya.

As far as TriCounty, you need to go check there - they are understaffed and over worked, call it in, but go in person and check every so often (that is if you are in the tri-county area).

Call and report a lost dog to animal control in whichever county you are in.

Might not hurt to contact some of the rescue groups and tell them what he is and if he has any identifying marks. Some people that find dogs call the local rescues because they don't want to take the dog to the shelter assuming it will get euthanized immediately (which it doesn't, the shelter is required to hold a lost dog for 72 work hours (I think), to give the owner time to find it).

Good luck and I hope you find Mo!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
and time is very important for this guy... as he is a Brachycephalic dog

and cant handle the hot weather very well

aceegee

Thanks so much to everyone for their responses. To answer your question- we live in Dorchester neighborhood right across from Wade Elementary.
We have been calling the shelters and online avenues since he went missing. I've called them and have sent them Mo's picture. They have said that they will keep me posted on whether someone brings him in.

I didn't think about checking with the Boston Terrier rescue. I'll call them tonight.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Thanks so much to everyone for their responses. To answer your question- we live in Dorchester neighborhood right across from Wade Elementary.
We have been calling the shelters and online avenues since he went missing. I've called them and have sent them Mo's picture. They have said that they will keep me posted on whether someone brings him in.

I didn't think about checking with the Boston Terrier rescue. I'll call them tonight.

Posters..posters..posters

Some who find dogs may not call the shealter for the fear they may have to turn the dog over...
Then you have the ones who will hold on to the dog to see if a reward will be offered..

The you have the good hearted people who do the right thing

Dakota

~~~~~~~

You are so close to the Humane Society that perhaps they would drop a found pet there. I would suggest making a pass in there daily. They are SWAMPED with animals right now and you wouldn't want yours to be adopted out.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"

If it goes to the Humane Society there's a good chance they will send it to TriCounty. Calling "might" work, but both those places are busy with dogs and cats coming in all the time plus people coming and going and calling.

Many people have commented that they called the shelter and the shelter said their dog wasn't there, they went and checked and there was the dog. Don't just trust a phone call.

sockgirl77

I was getting ready to post this. I saw it being shared on FB. I hope your little guy finds his way home!

sockgirl77

This is the ad that is being posted all over FB:

Hi, I am frantically searching my lost dog. His name is Mosley and he's a 5-year old Boston Terrier. We live in the Dorchester neighborhood in Waldorf, MD. Mosley ran off the evening of July 4. He doesn't like fireworks and I think he got scared and bolted. If anyone sees him, please email me at ac_gillam@yahoo.com or call me at 240-418-6142. Thank you!!!!

acommondisaster

You are so close to the Humane Society that perhaps they would drop a found pet there. I would suggest making a pass in there daily. They are SWAMPED with animals right now and you wouldn't want yours to be adopted out.

They said the day I picked up Tucker they had 40 animals come in - they are definitely swamped and busy. I don't know how they do what they do and stay so darned nice and helpful there. A HUGE kudos to the people who work there.

And being chipped doesn't always help - their wands don't always detect the chip; so seriously, physically go there and LOOK.

Hope your dog turns up safe and sound. By all means, be very proactive.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

I have seen the flyers and I am keeping an eye out, hope you find your baby.

Roman

I was at Tri-County when I actually witnessed a family who *CALLED* the shelter, and was told their dog was not there, and they found him in a kennel. Please take nobody's word for it. I have 2 Bostons, and know that because of their compact size, and great personalities, people just might not want to turn him in. Is he micro chipped? I am a fanatic about chips.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm packing up my foster kittens and just gave them their last meal here (they get fixed tomorrow morning) so I will check and see if your pup is there, aceegee.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm packing up my foster kittens and just gave them their last meal here (they get fixed tomorrow morning) so I will check and see if your pup is there, aceegee.

That side of the HS was closed so I couldn't check this morning.

I hate to bring this up here but maybe somebody else what I saw this morning and can provide additional information by describing what they saw.

On Rt. 5 just prior to the entrance of Hanson's Reserve (heading to St. Mary's County) there is a brown dog on the shoulder of the road that was hit. There was a great deal of traffic and at a quick glance, I thought it might be a pit mix or something. I would have turned around and looked again but it started just down pouring heavily.