Hagel Warns DoD Layoffs in 2014

2Loquacious

Hagel warns of possible DoD layoffs in 2014 if sequestration continues - FederalNewsRadio.com

The hits keep coming.

"DoD is hoping to avoid furloughs of civilian personnel in FY2014, but the department might have to consider mandatory reductions-in-force (RIFs)."

"The inability to reduce military personnel costs quickly would put additional downward pressure on other portions of the FY2014 budget. To avoid a repeat of this situation in future years, DoD could draw down the size of the military more quickly beginning in FY2013 in order to free up resources in later years".

Beta

Smile!
So this year, even though only the Army is short on budget, every department gets furloughed. Next year, when the Army is inevitably short on budget again, the other departments will be forced to arbitrarily fire people too so we're "all in this together."

Grrrrreat.

sockgirl77

But lets make sure everyone gets their 59s and Christmas Eve Eve holidays off with pay. :rolleyes:

Only Pax does that. We certainly haven't gotten that here. I am guilty of hoping for the email, but we never do get our 59 or our Christmas Eve Eve off.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Hagel warns of possible DoD layoffs in 2014 if sequestration continues - FederalNewsRadio.com

The hits keep coming.

"DoD is hoping to avoid furloughs of civilian personnel in FY2014, but the department might have to consider mandatory reductions-in-force (RIFs)."

"The inability to reduce military personnel costs quickly would put additional downward pressure on other portions of the FY2014 budget. To avoid a repeat of this situation in future years, DoD could draw down the size of the military more quickly beginning in FY2013 in order to free up resources in later years".

Wasn't the same thing said before the current furlough cluster***k?
Knowing what I know and what has already come to light; we can almost count on the dreaded RIF's.

bcp

In My Opinion
Its for a good cause.
without the RIFs, there will not be enough money to give the illegals,, I mean the new amnesty created Americans their welfare checks and complimentary gift baskets.

Thats the problem with the U.S
People seem to think that just because the do it right, get educated, get a job, work and pay their bills, that they should have more right to wealth than someone that decides to spend life sitting on the stoop with a cold one.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Wasn't the same thing said before the current furlough cluster***k?
Knowing what I know and what has already come to light; we can almost count on the dreaded RIF's.

The people in power have been saying since April/May that once the furloughs start, they would end with the current fiscal year and begin again at the start of the new fiscal year.

Also they said once the contracts were modified, they wouldn't be changing them back.

If nobody has been listening to the RUMINT and waiting only on an email with directions, they are going to get hosed.

Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Beta

Smile!
But lets make sure everyone gets their 59s and Christmas Eve Eve holidays off with pay. :rolleyes:

I especially liked the lovely 59 that was provided on 3 July that gave everyone an extra hour of weekend just before furloughs started...

How about this: let us work those 59s and christmas eve eves and use that to give us back some of the missed furlough pay! Or just don't furlough anyone :coffee:

Vince

The hits keep coming.

How else are we going to keep sending those Billions to other countries for things like energy improvement, etc. God forbid we stop giving away money so we can help our own people in our own country. :sarcasm: