Solomom's Nursing Center

edinsomd

Need a place to park mom after her health began to fail, and cannot stay at her assisted living facility in WVA. So far I like what I see there, any input is appreciated.
TIA,
Ed

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Need a place to park mom after her health began to fail, and cannot stay at her assisted living facility in WVA. So far I like what I see there, any input is appreciated.
TIA,
Ed

I know someone who works there and it's actually a very nice place. I delivered pizzas years ago for Papa John's in Solomon's and always had deliveries there, both to employees and residents and everyone was always so happy and pleasant. It also has a really nice view of the water, really nice setting.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My mom was there for about a month and a half before we pulled her out. She was a stroke victim and was paralyzed on one side, could not talk, and was reliant on 24-hour care.

The neglectfully placed her on a toilet and walked away and left her unattended. She toppled over and because of her paralysis, couldn't catch herself. She ended up breaking her hip. Us kids visited with her every single day, so the staff knew we were actively involved in her care, so most of the time their attention was ok. But for those patients who received no visitors received barely adequate care.

Based on our experience there, I wouldn't recommend them.

TIA,
Ed

Ask to see the results of their most recent state survey to review. Find a place where you can visit regularly:)

Bay_Kat

Tropical
No waterview at Solomons, ? did you mean Asbury?

You are right, my bad. Been out of the area for 4 years and I was thinking these were one and the same. Had no idea there were two. Now I'm trying to picture where Solomon's nursing home is.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You are right, my bad. Been out of the area for 4 years and I was thinking these were one and the same. Had no idea there were two. Now I'm trying to picture where Solomon's nursing home is.

Off of Dowell Road, across from Ann Marie Gardens.

vince77

Parked my mom at Charles County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (in LaPlata) for three years after being unhappy with facilities in NoVa. Less expensive, better care...

Roman

I made frequent trips to Solomons Nursing Care as a Medic. All at different times of the day. Everything was clean, and the staff were very helpful giving me information on a Patient in a timely fashion. Never saw anything unsavory.

TIA,
Ed

Mom has been there for a couple weeks. So far a very nice place. Huge staff and very helpful. I haven't seen the assisted living place, but I would think the same is true there.

mdff21

Had my mother in Calvert Nursing Center next to the hospital in PF. No problems and staff was friendly. Maybe because someone visited her everyday that they kept up on things. Talked to others that have family there and no problems either.

somdnanny1

My ex boyfriend's mother was at Solomons a few years ago. I found some of it to be satisfactory and some of it wasn't. She needed sterile procedures done that were not done in a sterile method. She ended up with severe infections while she was there that were dangerous to every one that came into contact with her and they just waived me into her room not making me aware of the danger that I was walking into, nor had they made her son who was responsible for all of her medical care aware of the new infection.

I did like that they tried to match her with a roommate with similiar interests so that there was likelihood of issues. I also liked that you had to sign in and out of the unit.

RPMDAD

My M.I.L. was there. My wife, S.I.L. and myself visited frequently, we had no complaints at all about the staff or the condition of the facility. My M.I.L. actually seemed to like it there and never voiced any complaints to anyone in the family.

hotcoffee

My daughter works at the one on Great Mills. She's very happy there and knowing her... that's a great thing. She worked at another one in Calvert County and she wasn't very happy.

She complains when her residents aren't cared for when she's not there.

Like I said, she's happy at the one on Great Mills Rd... so the residents must get pretty good care.

:coffee:

Roman

My ex boyfriend's mother was at Solomons a few years ago. I found some of it to be satisfactory and some of it wasn't. She needed sterile procedures done that were not done in a sterile method. She ended up with severe infections while she was there that were dangerous to every one that came into contact with her and they just waived me into her room not making me aware of the danger that I was walking into, nor had they made her son who was responsible for all of her medical care aware of the new infection.

I did like that they tried to match her with a roommate with similiar interests so that there was likelihood of issues. I also liked that you had to sign in and out of the unit.
It sounds like she had MRSA. Unfortunately..most long-term care facilities have problems with that. Some Hospitals do too.