Furlough out of office reply

h3mech

I received this out of office reply and nearly fell out of my chair, I don't think this person is happy.

"I am currently out of office on furlough. It is forced time off without pay. Please contact Congress for resolution.

My New hours are 7-3 PST Mon-Thurs only

Enjoy your reduction in government provided services."

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think it's a perfectly stated reply! :clap:

Someone should FB it and suggest everyone who is furloughed use it!

MarieB

It's unprofessional, and even more so depending upon your position and who would actually be contacting you

laynpipe

But I'm a little confused. I thought the "right" wanted smaller government ? Or does the "right" want smaller government until it affects them personally ?

Hypocritical.

Beta

Smile!
But I'm a little confused. I thought the "right" wanted smaller government ? Or does the "right" want smaller government until it affects them personally ?

Hypocritical.

The "right" wants smaller government but a bigger military/DoD. Hypocritical? Sure.

Meanwhile, the "left" wants a bigger government, but smaller DoD. Hypocritical? Absolutely.

Nice try, but being a hypocrite while calling others hypocrites is...gasp...hypocritical.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
The "right" wants smaller government but a bigger military/DoD. Hypocritical? Sure.

Meanwhile, the "left" wants a bigger government, but smaller DoD. Hypocritical? Absolutely.

Nice try, but being a hypocrite while calling others hypocrites is...gasp...hypocritical.

Your post is hypocritical and has been reported. :coffee:

laynpipe

Pay aside. All I heard during the past elections was how we needed smaller government. Now that you are getting what you wanted......you complain.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pay aside. All I heard during the past elections was how we needed smaller government. Now that you are getting what you wanted......you complain.

Smaller government does not mean reducing the workforce; it means less regulation, less foreign involvement, less intrusion into our personal lives, less palm greasing and pork projects, and a far less powerful federal government in general.

I can explain this further if you need me to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Theres worse than that going on out there, believe me.

Doesn't matter. "Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves."

Even small spending is still spending. $18k here, $18k there, pretty soon you're talking about a sizable chunk of cash.

NTNG

How about NAVAIR giving $250,000 to the "Flight Acadamy" at the tech center, for "Immersion based flight simulator training" in the hopes of stimulating an interest in aviation in our high school kids...

bilbur

Smaller government does not mean reducing the workforce; it means less regulation, less foreign involvement, less intrusion into our personal lives, less palm greasing and pork projects, and a far less powerful federal government in general.

I can explain this further if you need me to.

You may have to explain it a little more for me because if we reduce everything you mentioned won't that reduce the workforce? I believe with everything you mentioned there are people behind the scenes that make things happen. I am absolutely for less government involvement in many things but I also realize that a shrinking government means fewer jobs.