Finally, some "relatively" good news for the Bush side.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
The latest Fox News poll finds that while President Bush's job rating remains below 50 percent and pessimism about the nation's economy grows, the election matchup shows little movement. In addition, on the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal, the poll finds a majority believes the abuse was limited to a few soldiers and most are confident those responsible will be brought to justice, but few support financially compensating the abused prisoners.

Currently, 48 percent of Americans approve and 43 percent disapprove of the job Bush is doing as president, according to this week's Fox News poll. While these ratings are virtually unchanged from earlier in the month, it is a 10-percentage point drop in approval and 12-point increase in disapproval since early January.

Opinion Dynamics Corporation conducted the national poll of 900 registered voters for Fox News on May 18-19.

The sharp national divide continues on many topics, but may best be illustrated with the current presidential horse race numbers. If the election were held today, the head-to-head matchup between President George W. Bush and Sen. John Kerry shows the candidates would be tied at 42 percent each. Earlier this month Bush was at 44 percent and Kerry 41 percent.

When independent candidate Ralph Nader (search) is included he receives three percent, 40 percent Kerry and 40 percent Bush.

This is a lot better than some of the other polls I've seen.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120492,00.html

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's play the "Presidential Review...

...game.

So we can dispense with ANY concern about Kerry actually winning, let's just say he does and now we pretend it's the morning after and what will the reasons be that he won?

First, a review to give you the gist of the game:

CLINTON: Clinton had Perot taking 19 million votes. GHW Bush ran a very dull campaign. Lawrence Walsh issued his 'unindicted co-conspirator' proclomatrion two weeks before the election when Sr. had pulled slightly ahead.

Bill was/is charming as hell, comes off great on TV, was a governor, meaning leadership experience. The economy was rebounding but it wasn't really felt yet. He got strange all the time, which, it seems, alot of people like in a leader.

W BUSH: Is a hell of a lot more charming than Gore. There was a serious Clinton hangover. Nader did get 3 million votes though I personally know a Democrat who voted for Nader who would have not voted rather than vote Gore. Supreme Court and Florida on his side, which if remotely true, makes all this moot anyway, right?

So...

JF KERRY:

Iraq? Economy? Sex scandal? Ketchup scandal? Ketchup sex scandal? Supreme Court turns on Bush?

Nothing new was learned about Clinton. It just turned out that with all the circumstances, it was OK and the scenario came to be.

Can Kerry overcome what he is?

Lay it out.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Let's play the "Presidential Review...

Originally posted by Larry Gude

So we can dispense with ANY concern about Kerry actually winning, let's just say he does and now we pretend it's the morning after and what will the reasons be that he won?

My girlfriend said we could move to Mexico if Kerry wins. She'd be ok with it. :biggrin:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Let's play the "Presidential Review...

Originally posted by sleuth
My girlfriend said we could move to Mexico if Kerry wins. She'd be ok with it. :biggrin:
Usted habla español?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Let's play the "Presidential Review...

Originally posted by Sharon
Usted habla español?

Si, Si senora Sharon. Intiendo y hablo espanol un poco, sed no muy bien.

soul4sale

Re: Re: Let's play the "Presidential Review...

Originally posted by sleuth

Ah, yes. Mexico, land of conservatism...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Let's play the "Presidential Review...

Originally posted by soul4sale
Ah, yes. Mexico, land of conservatism...

:lol: I'd rather deal with the devil I know (Mexico), than the devil I don't know (Kerry). :wink:

Besides... I can get a 99 year lease on a nice house in Baha Cali for real cheap... :biggrin: ... pennies on the dollar compared to houses across the border. :wink: