Hows' The Traffic?

goughrmak

AWESOME!!! I rode my bicycle home yesterday (almost 6 miles), and beat my coworkers to my street (we left at the same time, and they were driving).

Beta

Smile!
Why, do you plan on doing the posted speed limit in the left lane?

I hope not. Anyone who goes the posted speed limit leaving base is bound to slam into someone, since traffic is backed up.

I don't know who had the bright idea of closing gate 3, but with furlough core hours reducing the amount of time most people leave base, then closing gate 3 so it clogs the only road out for most of the base (Cedar Point), someone sure wasn't thinking. OR they were ordered to "show pain" and decided they'd #### over their employees by cutting 20% pay AND making them deal with more traffic. :mad:

Left at 4:30. Waiting to get out the gate a bicyclist passed me. When I got to Best Buy he was in the parking lot already.

and by "in the parking lot already," you mean that he had gone to the spa, got a pedicure, shopped at best buy, and then was getting ready to leave the parking lot when you showed up? that would sound about right.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
and by "in the parking lot already," you mean that he had gone to the spa, got a pedicure, shopped at best buy, and then was getting ready to leave the parking lot when you showed up? that would sound about right.

:lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt

No, he had just gotten there but he was an older guy with a belly and it was hot, so he probably wasn't blazing along at high speed.

After I finished at Best Buy I turned north from the First Colony light and almost hit a cyclist. He just blazed right on through the light, didn't even slow down. I'm all for sharing the road with cyclists, but running red lights? Really?

DEEKAYPEE8569

I hope not. Anyone who goes the posted speed limit leaving base is bound to slam into someone, since traffic is backed up.

I don't know who had the bright idea of closing gate 3, but with furlough core hours reducing the amount of time most people leave base, then closing gate 3 so it clogs the only road out for most of the base (Cedar Point), someone sure wasn't thinking. OR they were ordered to "show pain" and decided they'd #### over their employees by cutting 20% pay AND making them deal with more traffic. :mad:

The only thing one can do is close the windows, turn up the tunes and let the A/C go as hard as it can go. :shrug:

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
I don't know who had the bright idea of closing gate 3, but with furlough core hours reducing the amount of time most people leave base, then closing gate 3 so it clogs the only road out for most of the base (Cedar Point), someone sure wasn't thinking. OR they were ordered to "show pain" and decided they'd #### over their employees by cutting 20% pay AND making them deal with more traffic. :mad:.

Bingo! we have a winner! 15 minutes to get from the hangar to gate 1. F*ckin a$$turds who want to make a right hand turn out gate 1 from the left lane :shrug:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Bingo! we have a winner! 15 minutes to get from the hangar to gate 1. F*ckin a$$turds who want to make a right hand turn out gate 1 from the left lane :shrug:

I may be misunderstanding your gripe; but there are THREE right turn lanes going out Gate 1. O.I.C, you mean, trying to turn right from the FOURTH lane to the left, that's NOT a turn lane. Amirite?

Beta

Smile!
I may be misunderstanding your gripe; but there are THREE right turn lanes going out Gate 1. O.I.C, you mean, trying to turn right from the FOURTH lane to the left, that's NOT a turn lane. Amirite?

or just that there are two lanes leaving gate 1, then people in the left lane try to pass everyone turning right in the right lane and cut into the 3 lanes that funnel from the right lane. :shrug:

blacklabman

On a more basic level, why do you NEED to go off base at lunch time. There is no way you can do launch within the alloted 30 minutes. And don't feed me that crap that you combine the AM and PM 15 minute coffee break with the lunch to get an hour. I know there is limited choices for lunch on the base, but bring you own. That's what I did for years.

DEEKAYPEE8569

On a more basic level, why do you NEED to go off base at lunch time. There is no way you can do launch within the alloted 30 minutes. And don't feed me that crap that you combine the AM and PM 15 minute coffee break with the lunch to get an hour. I know there is limited choices for lunch on the base, but bring you own. That's what I did for years.

You're not taking 'Gotta go to the bank, store, pharmacy, "by the house" (pick one) at lunchtime,' into consideration.

BernieP

Resident PIA

I think what he means is that instead of backing traffic up to the base theatre people use both lanes on Buse until they get to 235.
Most people in the right lane pick one of the two most right lanes to use (center and right). Leaving the left lane for those that were in the left lane on Buse... Most, some don't think the idea of using both lanes to move traffic on Buse is a good idea and have to have the left lane too.

Kind of the flip of the inbound saga. You have 2 lanes coming off 235 going into 4 lanes, 2 to the left of the median on Buse, 2 to the right. People in the left seem to feel they can pick any of the 4 lanes since it's a "LEFT" turn and the people in the right lane are doing something wrong.

BTW

The impact of closign Gate 3 has been noted, there was a link circulated to provide feedback to NDW.

Good luck with that.

Maybe Steny Hoyer can fix it for us?